IGNORED

Amethyst Guest Friendly

LOTTELLEE WINNA

Guys, looking to book this new hotel off Buhakow…does anyone know if it’s ‘guest friendly’?

As told to me by the owner....if your guest is registered when you first check in then yes....otherwise 500 baht sorry......:ThumbDown1:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, petermik said:

As told to me by the owner....if your guest is registered when you first check in then yes....otherwise 500 baht sorry......:ThumbDown1:

Thanks mate - I’ve booked it as my mate really wanted to stay there. Hmm, if that’s really how it pans out then I won’t be booking there again.

13 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Thanks mate - I’ve booked it as my mate really wanted to stay there. Hmm, if that’s really how it pans out then I won’t be booking there again.

We took a look in the rooms when dining in the restaurant one evening the rooms and hallway are fully carpeted which as it was new looked very impressive nice for quietness etc. but given time can lead to it looking rather tired,the standard room started at 1500 baht/night without Bfast and plus tax rooms ok but IMHO you are better off in the LK President on 3rd Road just opposite soi Pothole which is cheaper with very good rooms and pool plus joiner friendly.

The Amethyst is owned by the same family that have the Katesiree bars and several gold shops and their daughter Kate manages the hotel....when I asked her about the joiner fee possibly affecting bookings she didn`t seem to be concerned about it.....time will tell of course.....yes nice hotel but in IMHO overpriced from what knowledge I have gained through living here.....enjoy though.

14 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Just had 14 nights there.  No joiner fee.  Yes if you take two back 5555

they just have to leave ID. At reception.  They call you in room to see if everything is ok.  

book it. Fantastic place 

Edited by nunchuck

3 hours ago, nunchuck said:

they just have to leave ID. At reception.  They call you in room to see if everything is ok.  

book it. Fantastic place 

Woohoo!

5 hours ago, nunchuck said:

book it. Fantastic place 

Excellent news😀

Booked for last week Jan and first week Feb but was considering changing due to guest friendly uncertainty. No need to swap now. 

Information much appreciated. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, nunchuck said:

book it. Fantastic place 

Different to what I was told a month ago......good news they probably realised they would lose bookings

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Checked out a few days ago after staying a week. Enjoyed my stay immensely even though the Amethyst remains a work in progress with the fitness equipment room yet to be finished and fitted out.

Rooms are great, especially the larger 52 sq meter variety which I stayed in however, probably not for those of you who watch television because all channels seem to be streamed with sometimes long pauses in transmission, after two days frustration the TV was not turned on again.

I checked in with a girl who registered with me so the joiner fee was never an issue however, fear not because two mates also staying were taking back different ‘service providers’ frequently. You need to be accompanying them for the purpose of a room card activating the elevator going up.

Breakfast is very average, asian style choices with a single slow coffee machine, and those pathetic hot dog type sausages. Mind you, plenty of other options close by so do not book at the rate which includes breakfast.

Great lounge bar on the second overlooking Buakaow15 also.

Would I stay again, yes quite definitely because the  bed and shower is great and location right on the money and the rooms are shiny and new.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Baby-1.gif

Too late to take the breakfast advice. Rest of it sounds good though. Have booked one of the larger rooms. 

Flight leaves LHR in 8 hrs and 25 mins. Not that I’m counting……….

Absolutely guest friendly no joiner fee for 1 girl, 500b only apply's for 2nd additional guest, giving ID losely enough enforced at night and friendly call at check out to ensure everything ok if ID given in , during daytime no problem with ID optional if you know the girl just need to go to the lobby and bring them up, as lifts are locked and need key card swipe, hotel very easy going great receptionist and security and cleaners, rooms were great, king bed super comfortable superb aircon and  it’s a perfect location. Tip well and do whatever you like there highly recommend the hotel, only slight negative balcony had no handrail at all  lol 555 TIT still little bits of work going on but nothing major. 

• 3 weeks later...

I contacted the hotel late December 2022 and was told that any guests must be registered at check-in and that there was a charge / joiner fee of 500THB.

I contacted the hotel again this morning and received the following reply...

"As our hotel is guest friendly so we do not charge a joiner fee, but if you bring more than 1 visitor at the same time there will be an extra charge for the third person. We only need an ID card or passport of your visitor for your safety.
Should you need any further information or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us"

Sorry as just saw this post.  I did check out the amethyst when I was there, but ended up staying at the debua as thought it offered better value and was very nice.  That pool on top is quiet and very nice.   I stayed in junior suite which at 1400b was cheaper than std room at amethyst. The hotel is very impractical, but for what you need in pattaya it actually fits the bill nicely.  Bathtub and shower at end of bed so lots of water sports.   No breakfast at debua yet, but I do not like those anyways.  Staff was very nice/accommodating and cleaners very good too.  Obviously still some new wrinkles to work out as no booking online or credit card payment, but debua is very good value and nice place.