Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa extension

Baxidar ba

I got the 60 day visa online in the U.K. last year and planning to do the same for my November trip. It’s easy to do and saves waiting around in the queue at Jomtien. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

After reading the above info abt visa extensions has there been any other updates or new rules now??

As thinking of having a 6 week trip to Thailand in early 2024 and entering on a free visa on arrival 30 days and then getting the visa extension at Jomtien immigration as I’ll be staying in Jomtien anyway.

Is it better to obtain a thai tourist visa for 60days whilst in UK or is it doable without too much pain and waiting times at Jomtien immigration dept?? Or use a reasonable priced agent to do it for a fee.

TIA.

Get the e-visa from home at your leisure time and pace. Bonus point is it's going to be cheaper than get the extension in Thailand too. Don't be intimidated by its paper work, first time a little overwhelming but the next few time took me only 5-10 minutes each. And just in case you want to extend the trip beyond 60 days, then the visa extension option will still be available there for you (just saying,  it happened to me twice :-))

• Like 1

Double post.

Edited by h.harris

8 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

After reading the above info abt visa extensions has there been any other updates or new rules now??

As thinking of having a 6 week trip to Thailand in early 2024 and entering on a free visa on arrival 30 days and then getting the visa extension at Jomtien immigration as I’ll be staying in Jomtien anyway.

Is it better to obtain a thai tourist visa for 60days whilst in UK or is it doable without too much pain and waiting times at Jomtien immigration dept?? Or use a reasonable priced agent to do it for a fee.

TIA.

Roughly the same price, but getting an e-visa is a sight easier than Jomtien Immigration office.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Edited by Edge
Misunderstood the Q
  • Like 1

Sound advice here & thanks guys…..looks like the easier painless & cheaper option is doing the e-visa from home in the UK…£30 (1200bt) for 60 x days tourist visa which will be adequate for me.

Edited by stickyfingers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

If apply for 60 day visa online , be aware to apply within 90 days of departure . For example, fly on 31 st November , apply on 1st September . Cos if u apply in early August , visa permit  will be no good . Agree with few above post , more easier to apply online than queuing at Jomtien immigration. Take the stress off you while on holidays. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stickyfingers said:

Is it better to obtain a thai tourist visa for 60days whilst in UK

Yes, much better. You’ve got plenty of time to do it, why bother with any agent or extension once you’re there when you can get a 60 day visa very easily before you go. 

• Like 2

When applying online for the tourist visa, does immigration take into account the first 30 days visa exemption for uk citizens?

So for e.g applying online before i leave my home country......

For me a uk citizen, would immigration start the tourist visa towards the end of the visa exemption thus allowing maximum number of days (potentially 90) or would the tourist visa supersede /the 30 days exception thus shortening the potential stay? 

Edited by Redr00ster
missed a word

11 minutes ago, Redr00ster said:

When applying online for the tourist visa, does immigration take into account the first 30 days visa exemption for uk citizens?

So for e.g applying online before i leave my home country......

For me a uk citizen, would immigration start the tourist visa towards the end of the visa exemption thus allowing maximum number of days (potentially 90) or would the tourist visa supersede /the 30 days exception thus shortening the potential stay? 

You either enter Visa Exempt or you get a visa and enter using that. 
If you have a Tourist Visa you get 60 days on entry but that can be extended by a further 30 days at immigration offices in Thailand.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thank's davidge, makes sense.

Somehow I always seem to to think / ask the grey areas haha