Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Visa extension

Baxidar ba

So as I've never done a visa extension before I'm just checking with more experienced BM'S to see if I'm missing anything.

I entered on a 45 day visa waiver (UK passport) I was thinking to go to Jomtien immigration around the 40 day mark, (just after Xmas) is this ok?

I've got a print out of tm30 & residence conformation, my passport & a photo copy of passport pic & entry stamp,I'll get 2  photos done tomorrow. I'll also take my flight details (I'm leaving 15 days into the 30) 

Have I missed anything?

I was thinking to get to the office at 9am & prepare myself for several hours queuing, so just want to make sure I've got everything in order before I go.

30 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

So as I've never done a visa extension before I'm just checking with more experienced BM'S to see if I'm missing anything.

I entered on a 45 day visa waiver (UK passport) I was thinking to go to Jomtien immigration around the 40 day mark, (just after Xmas) is this ok?

I've got a print out of tm30 & residence conformation, my passport & a photo copy of passport pic & entry stamp,I'll get 2  photos done tomorrow. I'll also take my flight details (I'm leaving 15 days into the 30) 

Have I missed anything?

I was thinking to get to the office at 9am & prepare myself for several hours queuing, so just want to make sure I've got everything in order before I go.

they are going to be busy right now. if you go 5 days before it is due they are very likely to say bye bye come back later. it has happened to me in the past. make it closer like 2 days before. on the form where it asks for reason ............just say change of travel plans. they don't give a hoot only ready to collect the 1900.

I'd use an agency these days. It will cost a few Baht more but you don't have this hassle. I've read that there is an agency in the neighbourhood of the immigration. 

• Like 4

Just to the left of the entrance is a store that does photos and has the form you need to fill out, as well as make the copies your going to need. They're very helpful.

Sounds like you're good to go. But indeed this 

33 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Just to the left of the entrance is a store that does photos and has the form you need to fill out, as well as make the copies your going to need. They're very helpful.

Don't go on a Monday or a Friday. Christmas week should be "fine". With one caveat. The office is supposedly very busy these days (purportedly, from the large numbers of Russians trying to extend their stays.) I always use an agent myself. VIP Visa is my choice. Perhaps a bit overkill for a tourist extension. But do expect quite a few hours hanging around there. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Yes definitely use an agent. It’s just worth paying a few quid to avoid going anywhere near an immigration office. There will always be a reason for a delay, those places thrive on delays. I gave up years ago and just pay an agent.

The thought of going there when there are lots of ‘draught’ avoiding Russians isn’t too appealing !

I went in yesterday after their lunch break at around 1pm to get a residency cert. The queues were long, and yes a lot of Russians there.

After nearly two hours in the queue I get inside an they tell me they're full come back tommorrow. 😬

I came in this morning about 20 mins before opening which is at 8.30 am. Queues was still long. I managed to get in and submit my paperwork just before they closed for lunch at 11.30am.

Then I was told to come back after 3pm to pickup the certificate. 

I noticed that when I came back around 3pm to the queue was quite short.

I used an agent for my visa and that was a breeze, they just walked me past the queue, so I'd definitely recommend that option.

50 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

I used an agent for my visa and that was a breeze, they just walked me past the queue, so I'd definitely recommend that option.

Any idea how much agents charge these days? Covid extensions were 6K this year. But now looking to get just a regular extension. 

5 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

Any idea how much agents charge these days? Covid extensions were 6K this year. But now looking to get just a regular extension. 

I got an extension on my tourist visa along with the retirement visa so it was a bundled cost, no idea what the extension alone would be. 

11 minutes ago, masterslayer169 said:

3,600 all in is what I was told by a bloke by the pool last week. He used the agent next door to immigration on soi 5. Queue was down the street to get in to immigration.

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I'll be using an agent then, @Thomaz73 I'm not familiar with Jomtien, is VIP visa close to the songtaew route? Does anyone know of a reasonably priced agent near soi buakhao?

Edited by Baxidar ba

32 minutes ago, Baxidar ba said:

@Thomaz73 I'm not familiar with Jomtien, is VIP visa close to the songtaew route

Doesn't really matter. Immigration is in Jomtien. I have no idea where this agency is based. But the point is they come pick up your passport and return it later. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I just did this here in Bangkok. I'm a U.S. citizen who gets 45 day visa exemption also. I did mine over 20 days in advance. I went to the IT Square Laksi on the 3rd floor which is close to Chattawana Immigration Bureau where it was done in the past. I arrived at about 240PM and was out before 330PM. I know your going to the Chon Buri one in Jomtien but they may have the same paperwork needed and allow the same time frame. Here's what's required and you can download the forms at the links below:

1) Printed copy of my visa exemption stamp passport page, signed it.

2) Printed copy of passport page, signed it.

3) 1 passport size photo. (I was in Pattaya the day before and got passport sized photos taken. 6 for 150 THB at Central Color Lab and Print Service, 328/14-15 , M.9, Pattaya Second Road near Central Pattaya Rd.)

4) TM.7 form - Left Type of Visa blank, TM6 # field blank, Reason for extension: Leisure and Tourism. Requested 30 days. 

5) Form STM2 Acknowledgment of Terms and Conditions of Temporary Stay In The Kingdom, signed.

6) Form Acknowledgment of Penalties For A Visa Overstay, signed. 

7) 1900 THB, but gave 2000, change of 100 THB.

Overall, very smooth and easy in Bangkok now as very few people there. Last 2 forms were new to me. I DID NOT need the TM.30, residence confirmation, flight details, onward travel, etc. Just putting down the hotel's address and name on the TM. 7 was enough. If you already have the above though I would take it with you.

You could print the forms out below. Keep in mind capitalize everything and date is done in the 22 DEC 2022 format.

Good luck

------- 

See forms #3, #26, #27: https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/downloads_en/ 

#3 https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/14คำขออนุญาตเพื่ออยู่ในราชอาณาจักรเป็นการชั่วคราวต่อไป-ตม.7.pdf

#26 https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-STM2.pdf

#27 https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/Form-Acknowledgement-of-Overstay-Penalties.pdf

Everything in moderation.....

13 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

Thanks for all the replies, looks like I'll be using an agent then, @Thomaz73 I'm not familiar with Jomtien, is VIP visa close to the songtaew route? Does anyone know of a reasonably priced agent near soi buakhao?

Double Tours offers a Visa service too. The agency is in Soi Buakhao on the left side near Action Street if you come from Soi Diana. I just noticed them.

6EEEBF2A-380E-412D-B632-69177C883188.thumb.jpeg.86e393346d589d9b00fc40413f72e600.jpeg

Otherewise I would recommend Maneerat in Soi 13/2. But they'll close the agency from 24/12/22 until 02/01/23.

B11EBEDD-02E4-4432-A3A5-F83D08331254.thumb.jpeg.42722b20b329fb4a1063434ee3f740ce.jpeg

32886698-9802-4636-AA31-C20B3AE8D4A8.thumb.jpeg.e57d058f5d87a6a265af45c35d840335.jpeg

63009C06-7931-409E-8E6A-E5CCB2EC2F19.thumb.jpeg.ca95d07de6e81c7d4f104d44b7b341bb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, penboy said:

3,600 all in is what I was told by a bloke by the pool last week. He used the agent next door to immigration on soi 5. Queue was down the street to get in to immigration.

That's cheap. I paid a flat fee of 2k for my agent's fee yesterday when I got my extension. She is also my condo's manager, so it was quite convenient. Anyway, my total was 2k +1.9k = 3.9k. I got a quote of 5k at the place next door to immigration; there's a big sign stating the fees, so I'm surprised by his 3.6k price. Farang Thai Visa in Pattaya Dai charges 4.5k. I would have gone with them if I hadn't found out about my manager.

20 hours ago, don henley said:

Yes definitely use an agent. It’s just worth paying a few quid to avoid going anywhere near an immigration office.

Fyi, the rules have changed and you must be present when extending. The immigration officer must take your picture (with a cellphone, oddly enough) and witness you sign documents in two different places. How do I know this? I asked and was told the same thing at two places.

Why did I use the agent then? To avoid waiting in line (I went to immigration in the afternoon a few days earlier to see how bad the lines were - it was crazy). Here is what happened: I took my passport and 2 photos to my agent the day before. She created the TM30 and filled out the TM7. Yesterday morning she went to immigration around 10am and waited in line. They took their lunch break before she was called (they assign you a number, and there is a screen. She estimated when I'd be called to the window, drove back to the condo and picked me up, and we arrived about 30 min before her estimated time. She found me a seat inside, and I was called shortly after. They took my photo, I signed in two places and paid. My agent was there the whole time, the officer only talked to her, and she told me exactly what to do. Then my agent had me wait in the restaurant next door for them to process my passport. About 30 min later, she gave me my stamped passport, I paid her, and she drove me back to my condo.

One last thing - I was told that it was possible to do the extension up to 2 days before the expiration. So if it expires Friday, you can come Weds, Thurs or Fri. I don't know if this is a hard rule, but I remember only being allowed to do it on the day it expired in the past. This is at Chonburi.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

As stated above, I'm just back from immigration & wulgar is indeed correct, no more paying an agent for an extension, you have to go yourself as an officer has to physically take your pic, I was informed of this when I went to the  Maneerat office 

My 45 days aren't up until the 30th but it was no problem going early. I arrived there at 13:30 & was out by 16:00, very long 2 1/2 hours, it's a bit of a sh1t show, mainly due to an abundance of Russians & there lack of queueing etiquette.

Forgot my mask & pen (20 & 10 baht) so had to queue for both, despite having all my paperwork in order, still had to make 2 trips to get stuff copied. 

Getting photos done at the office next door is both cheaper & less hassle than getting them done inside immigration.

I wasn't asked to show proof of departure, I didn't fill in the whole form either but they didn't care, paid my 1900 baht & told to pick up passport outside after 13:00.

I wasn't given a receipt for my payment or passport so hoping it will be ok.

I would advise if you are elderly or have health issues, try & take a a TG with you. 

Also keep cool, it's every man or woman for themselves here, one Indian woman was having a meltdown at an officer.

I would happily have paid an agent to avoid this but as that's not an option ATM I had no choice.

5 hours ago, Baxidar ba said:

As stated above, I'm just back from immigration & wulgar is indeed correct, no more paying an agent for an extension, you have to go yourself as an officer has to physically take your pic, I was informed of this when I went to the  Maneerat office 

This was always the case when extending a Tourist Visa, but not when extending a Visa Exempt stamp.

7 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

This was always the case when extending a Tourist Visa, but not when extending a Visa Exempt stamp.

Arriving in three weeks under Visa Exempt.  Do you mean that I will NOT have to go to Immigration to extend?  Thanks.

Last time, I used a bad agent and she took me with her to extend my Tourist Visit.  I entered in August 2022 and extended my 60 day Tourist Visa in October.  Left November 10th.  I do remember the picture taking.  

Living Life Large 😃😃

10 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

I wouldn't know, I've never done either, I know I wouldn't be sorry if I never see the inside of Jomtien immigration again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Bob4678 said:

Arriving in three weeks under Visa Exempt.  Do you mean that I will NOT have to go to Immigration to extend?  Thanks.

No.

And as written above, it looks like it has changed.

2 minutes ago, Bob4678 said:

Last time, I used a bad agent and she took me with her to extend my Tourist Visit.  I entered in August 2022 and extended my 60 day Tourist Visa in October.  Left November 10th.  I do remember the picture taking.  

Living Life Large 😃😃

I'm guessing that you'll almost certainly have to go to immigration to extend.

On a side note, i thought during my brief visit Maneerat seemed like a very professionally run place.

I spoke with an expat pal back at my condo tonight (been here 30 years) & he said they were a very reputable company.

• Like 2

So I collected my passport today without problems, just a little extra info, when your paperwork has been checked you will be given a small ticket with a number on it.

Your number will be called & you will go see an officer to pay, they don't tell you but you need to keep this ticket, I nearly binned mine but decided to keep it, you need to give this ticket in when you go back to collect your passport the next day.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/12/2022 at 09:48, Baxidar ba said:

So I collected my passport today without problems, just a little extra info, when your paperwork has been checked you will be given a small ticket with a number on it.

Your number will be called & you will go see an officer to pay, they don't tell you but you need to keep this ticket, I nearly binned mine but decided to keep it, you need to give this ticket in when you go back to collect your passport the next day.

Almost made the same mistake, throwing away the ticket...good advice ..keep it !

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !

• 4 months later...

After reading the above info abt visa extensions has there been any other updates or new rules now??

As thinking of having a 6 week trip to Thailand in early 2024 and entering on a free visa on arrival 30 days and then getting the visa extension at Jomtien immigration as I’ll be staying in Jomtien anyway.

Is it better to obtain a thai tourist visa for 60days whilst in UK or is it doable without too much pain and waiting times at Jomtien immigration dept?? Or use a reasonable priced agent to do it for a fee.

TIA.

Edited by stickyfingers

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"