IGNORED

hotels near Nana Plaza

donaldente

Majestic Suites are doing a month for 30,000 baht. Heard good things about there.

On 19/10/2022 at 17:46, Revanchist said:

Public jacuzzi or in-room?

Public, beside the pool. but hidden behind some plants, you cant really see into it from most of the pool area.

I have stayed many times in this area between Nana and Soi Cowboy.  I like to stay around Soi 11 in the middle of things.  I do like the Aloft because Levels is in the same property.  If you want to lower your cost a fairly new Travel Lodge is just around the corner across from the 7-11.  There is also a Holiday Inn Express on the corner.  I stayed at Citidines on 11 and wasn't that impressed.  I would avoid the Salil hotel on Soi 11, especially if you have a room in the front, as you are inundated with the roar of Tuk-Tuk all night long.

Both the Grand President and the Royal president we ok back in the mid-2000's, but I did enjoy my stay in the former President Solitaire (the girls were impressed with the suite).  The Adelphi Suites on Soi 8 was also good.

I have also stayed at the Aspen Suites on Soi 2 and it wasn't too bad.  The Majestic Suites was conveniently located but the room was incredibly small.  I used to stay at the Boss Suites when it was new, but seemed to go downhill and it was a bit of a hike up Soi4.  I stayed at Phachara Suites, but the construction noise from the new Novotel was unbearable.  It has changed hands now.  The Dynasty Grande was also nice across the street.  I did make a one-night stay at the old staple, the Woraburi, and it wasn't al that bad.  I only use it as a cheap one-night stop when I get into Bangkok late.

The Best Western up on Soi 22 is also a decent place to stay.

I did stay at the Grand 5 hotel for one night but was a bit too Middle Eastern for my taste.

I did check the Nana hotel off my bucket list in 2004, and it was a shithole.  But every BM needs to stay there once just to experience the "Nana" feel.  The bar that was inside the hotel was ok, and the disco was happening back then.

Lastly, I am sure everyone knows where they stayed their first night in Bangkok, and mine was unforgettable.  I ahd never been, so I booked a hotel at the airport after landing.  It was the Miami hotel on the Suk at soi 13.  It was like out a scene from a horror movie; dark, dank, and scary.  Even my LT wouldn't stay the night.

Many new places also, just depends on what you want to spend.

• Like 2

I cut BKK from my trips back in 2016 going direct to Pattaya but prior to that always stayed at Heaven@4 (Soi 4). It is a quirky little "boutique" hotel, I loved it although warning some of the rooms have no window that you can open. I only stayed 3-4 nights at a time and being right in the heart of the action was good. The current rate is about 1200 thb per night.

10 minutes ago, geezerrb said:

I cut BKK from my trips back in 2016 going direct to Pattaya but prior to that always stayed at Heaven@4 (Soi 4). It is a quirky little "boutique" hotel, I loved it although warning some of the rooms have no window that you can open. I only stayed 3-4 nights at a time and being right in the heart of the action was good. The current rate is about 1200 thb per night.

I have never made the trek from BKK to Pattaya (mainly because the flight don't land until late), so I usually book a cheap one nighter and try to get some sleep after a few beers out on the Suk.

I am afraid if I went straight to Patts and arrived at 3 am, I would be right in the heart of action and wouldn't make it to bed until it was light outside.  I also like to stay 1-2 night in Bangkok on the return, just to make sure I am in town and hit some of the decent discos around.  I am always afraid of some massive backup on the tollway and I miss my flight.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/10/2022 at 07:55, donaldente said:

Can someone recommend a hotel near Nana Plaza?

Ever since I discovered Pattaya 20 years ago, I haven't spent a night in Bangkok.  I used to stay at Nana hotel across the street form Nana Plaza.  At that time it was a real dump and on its last legs.  Can someone let me know if the Nana hotel has been remodeled or if there is a reassembly price hotel near by?

thank you

donald

I appreciate all the replies and discussions.

As it turns out, I took the easy way out and stayed in Nana hotel.  I found it clean and did not see any roaches (but I assume that they saw me🙂).  My only complaint was that the breakfast buffet was not quite as good as I remembered from years ago.