IGNORED

hotels near Nana Plaza

donaldente

Can someone recommend a hotel near Nana Plaza?

Ever since I discovered Pattaya 20 years ago, I haven't spent a night in Bangkok.  I used to stay at Nana hotel across the street form Nana Plaza.  At that time it was a real dump and on its last legs.  Can someone let me know if the Nana hotel has been remodeled or if there is a reassembly price hotel near by?

thank you

donald

If you want 5-star quality near Soi Nana, you can't do much better than the J.W. Marriott on Sukhumvit a few yards to the west of Soi Nana, and the Landmark a few yards to the east. If you want mid-range, try the Grand Avenue on Sukhumvit opposite. All TG-friendy. 

• Like 1

Lots of hotels to recommend on Soi 4 and Soi 2 it depends what you are looking for and in what price range?

When no money... she no give honey! 

6 minutes ago, plahgat said:

Lots of hotels to recommend on Soi 4 and Soi 2 it depends what you are looking for and in what price range?

Looking for clean hotel near Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy 1000-1500

37 minutes ago, donaldente said:

Looking for clean hotel near Nana Plaza or Soi Cowboy 1000-1500

Stable Lodge on soi 8 is my favourite. And seems to fit those requirements. 

• Like 3

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

2 hours ago, donaldente said:

Ever since I discovered Pattaya 20 years ago, I haven't spent a night in Bangkok.  I used to stay at Nana hotel across the street form Nana Plaza.  At that time it was a real dump and on its last legs.  Can someone let me know if the Nana hotel has been remodeled or if there is a reassembly price hotel near by?

thank you

donald

Its still a dump.  lol

Even after renovation theres cockroaches running up and down the walls in the bathroom.  I don't mind it.  Its literally the most nostalgic hotel i've ever been in my lifetime.

I can understand why apparently, theres a few Vietnam veterans who live there and have been for decades.

Embrace the filth and stay at Nana...its the most entertaining hotel I have ever stayed in...

Mind you, 2-3 nights is enough...

Also biggest hotel jacuzzi ive had the pleasure off, and if you get a a girl or two in there its epic.

3 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Been curious about that one. How's their food?

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

1 hour ago, LuckyAye said:

Also biggest hotel jacuzzi ive had the pleasure off, and if you get a a girl or two in there its epic.

Public jacuzzi or in-room?

I'm not your savior, I'm just a naughty boy.

13 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

Public jacuzzi or in-room?

Landmark hotel if you want a more expensive joint.

PB hotel down soi 3 for around maybe 1000 bt a night.

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

19 minutes ago, Revanchist said:

Been curious about that one. How's their food?

Absolutely superb! Their claim to fame, though, is Scandiwegian stuff. Maybe not for everyone. For Thai food Det5 right next door is better. And a nice place to chill as well. 

• Like 2

Take a look at ParkRoyal Suites, which has taken over the old Phachara Suites.  Also the Citrus Suites, which is discussed at length in its own thread.  

In the Nana and Cowboy areas, you can find many acceptable hotels in the 1,000-1,500 baht range.  For the best deals, try searching for "Sukhumvit area" or "Nana" on a booking site like Agoda or Expedia.  You'll come up a long list of possibilities.

5 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

And very cheap, too, according to Expedia!

stable.PNG

I get quoted a price of $1 because I have $42 in reward dollars from Expedia. :D

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

12 hours ago, LuckyAye said:

Embrace the filth and stay at Nana...its the most entertaining hotel I have ever stayed in...

Mind you, 2-3 nights is enough...

I wonder if you'll have the same adventerous smile if you look closer at the free breakfast buffet on that 3rd morning and see the roaches ? 🤢🤮 (first hand knowledge)

6 hours ago, snowbird said:

I wonder if you'll have the same adventerous smile if you look closer at the free breakfast buffet on that 3rd morning and see the roaches ? 🤢🤮 (first hand knowledge)

I think if you look too close at a lot of Thai breakfasts you'll see them not too far away....

14 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

In the Nana and Cowboy areas, you can find many acceptable hotels in the 1,000-1,500 baht range.  For the best deals, try searching for "Sukhumvit area" or "Nana" on a booking site like Agoda or Expedia.  You'll come up a long list of possibilities.

And very cheap, too, according to Expedia!

stable.PNG

I get quoted a price of $1 because I have $42 in reward dollars from Expedia. :D

The Stable Lodge peaked my interest as i love Soi 8.  But got quoted at $240 AUD for 3 nights in November.  Thats over 10,000 baht.  I wouldn't call that exactly cheap.

21 hours ago, donaldente said:

thank you

donald

I believe the Nana hotel rooms have been remodeled.  At least the room I was in recently.  So yes, the rooms are nice and modern now.  I think we paid 1350b a night.  If you want something a bit cheaper check out Nana City Inn about a block down the road.  1000b a night for an equivalent quality room.  

Edited by Kale

It’s been maybe ten years, but I used to stay at the Royal Asia Lodge, way down Soi 8.  It was a nice, quiet place. It’s way down the Soi; as I said, but they have a tuktuk that will haul you up to Sukhumvit. There’s a call button down the first sub-soi that will get you a ride back to the hotel.

I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.

Winston Churchill

42 minutes ago, Corrado Soprano said:

Stable Lodge peaked my interest as i love Soi 8.  But got quoted at $240 AUD for 3 nights in November.  Thats over 10,000 baht

Strange. Google is showing 1400 pr night. Must be some misunderstanding. Or they have a penthouse I'm not aware of. 

54 minutes ago, Corrado Soprano said:

I think if you look too close at a lot of Thai breakfasts you'll see them not too far away....

The Stable Lodge peaked my interest as i love Soi 8.  But got quoted at $240 AUD for 3 nights in November.  Thats over 10,000 baht.  I wouldn't call that exactly cheap.

That’s 5700 baht not 10000. Around 1900 a night

8 hours ago, snowbird said:

I eat at the roachside street food carts all the time, roaches, rats, birds all over the place...so the odd insect at breakfast wouldn't bother me too much especially when the buffet is low quality and best skipped ...although they used to have a huge pile of bacon in there and I think it was open to 11am , so I would often make a healthy bacon tower sandwich just before going bed when getting in after a good night out. Character building..🤣

I'm in The Ambassador, 10 minutes away. I booked then read some bad reviews but it's fine, room cleaned every day, fresh towels, quiet and lovely staff. Lots of Indians and Bangladeshis who are super polite and friendly. Been here two weeks now.

2 hours ago, stealth96 said:

That’s 5700 baht not 10000. Around 1900 a night

Yes, sorry.  My bad.  Wheres my bloody maths?  :P 

Still though, 5700 for 3 nights i wouldn't call cheap.

I like the Petals Inn on Soi 4 as it is only a 5 minute walking distance to NEP!

Modern small rooms, nice and clean about 900-1100 baht a night depending on season.

676608174_petalsinn(1).thumb.JPG.d3677a71a050387e3117c585f01ed6e6.JPG

219328813_petalsinn(3).thumb.JPG.38f61199b7e7780290a4d4936749340a.JPG

780072486_petalsinn(2).thumb.JPG.582a78625b19c7e003034d85d44f569b.JPG

Edited by plahgat

When no money... she no give honey!