IGNORED

Dell laptop repair

brewster

Any recommendations for the best place to drop in a laptop for a repair.  My Intel(R) wireless AC 9462 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems, which means it no longer connects to my wifi.  I don't think it's anything I can fix.

Cheers

can't help with the laptop repair, but for a temporary workaround, you can get a usb wireless adapter and plug it into the laptop if you need internet access.

Usually the wifi comes on a small plug in card, something like this https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255374837507. There will probably be 1 screw holding the card down and two or so wire connections to the antenna. If you have issues make sure these are well connected.

If you open up the machine you can get the exact Dell part number if you want an identical  replacement. You could also probably buy a newer card if you wanted better wifi you just need to do some checking to make sure the card will fit OK and work OK.

11 hours ago, brewster said:

Any recommendations for the best place to drop in a laptop for a repair.  My Intel(R) wireless AC 9462 adapter is experiencing driver or hardware related problems, which means it no longer connects to my wifi.  I don't think it's anything I can fix.

Cheers

before you go anywhere, this could help.

assuming your using windows 10

1. invoke control panel,

2. click on "hardware and sound"

3. at the top on the rhs you will "device manager"

4. click on that

5. on the device list you will see "network adaptors"

6. right click on the wireless adapter

7. exit and reboot machine and the driver should be automatically updated  and repaired.

should now work

good luck

8 minutes ago, aussielongboat said:

before you go anywhere, this could help.

assuming your using windows 10

1. invoke control panel,

2. click on "hardware and sound"

3. at the top on the rhs you will "device manager"

4. click on that

5. on the device list you will see "network adaptors"

6. right click on the wireless adapter

7. exit and reboot machine and the driver should be automatically updated  and repaired.

should now work

good luck

Pretty sure you meant to say "Uninstall device" and tick the 'Delete driver' box as part of step 6.

Easier way of getting to device manager is right-clicking on the Start button bottom-left, too.

9 hours ago, Encora said:

There is a Dell agent on Pattaya Klang opposite Foodland. We used them a few times for the Dell laptop we have and they seem to know what they are doing.

Wattana...they also are located on the 3rd floor in Tukcom on Pattaya tai...

another BM on here has been very happy with the service and prices at Pattaya2u shop. pattaya tai near tukom......., turn left at green kasikorn bank with tukom on the other side, after around 180 mtrs turn left at the grand day night hotel and the shop 50 mtrs on the right side