Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Circumcision reduces risk of herpes and HPV infection

allwet

In addition to significantly decreasing your risk at contracting HIV it looks like being circumcised cuts your chances of getting herpes and HPV.

Here's an excerpt from a news article:

"Men who are circumcised are less likely to get sexually transmitted infections such as genital herpes and human papillomavirus (HPV), but not syphilis, according to a study of adult African men published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine."

Full article here-

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/26/healt...ion.hpv.herpes/

In addition to significantly decreasing your risk at contracting HIV it looks like being circumcised cuts your chances of getting herpes and HPV.

Here's an excerpt from a news article:

"Men who are circumcised are less likely to get sexually transmitted infections such as genital herpes and human papillomavirus (HPV), but not syphilis, according to a study of adult African men published this week in the New England Journal of Medicine."

Full article here-

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/03/26/healt...ion.hpv.herpes/

interesting read, though I would like to know why this is the case, as I would have thought that given everything is 'out in the open' when circumcised; there would be a higher chance.

for further reading check out the Wikipedia page, which gives further trials and possible benefits

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumcision#...mitted_diseases

Edited by 1010011011

When a penis is circumcised, the soft, moist skin on the glans dries out, and becomes harder, tougher and less sensitive. I can imagine this might contribute to the skin being less permeable to viruses, but it's only a guess.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

When a penis is circumcised, the soft, moist skin on the glans dries out, and becomes harder, tougher and less sensitive. I can imagine this might contribute to the skin being less permeable to viruses, but it's only a guess.

I hadn't thought of that. I assumed it was that the foreskin provides a cozy home for the virus. Of course the lack of foreskin has other negatives that lead some people to extreme measures:

http://www.foreskinrestorationchat.info/fo...s/forchris.html

didn't realise that was the result of being circumcised, but that does make sense.

Viruses like the herpes and condylom thrives in warm and humid environments and probably won't survive long out in the dry, so a penis without foreskin and hence more dry is no longer a suitable environment for these viruses! :D

Talking about circumcisions, does anybody know where you can have one done in Patts and what about the costs and recovery times? :rolleyes:

Private Clinics, Government Hospitals or Cosmetic Surgery Clinics?

...just curious! :GoldenSmile1:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

I am sure cutting off the whole dick would further reduce the risk of infection.

What a BS! There are ways to protect from HIV and other diseases that work 100%. As long as we have no idea of the mechanisms and of the habits of the people in the 2 samples I find it difficult to make any sense of this.

Save our foreskins! I wouldn't want to live without mine.

I'm sure some use posts like this to justify to themselves that barebacking is OK (or maybe, kid themselves that it won't happen to them). Otherwise, why not wrap ?

Edited by Slacker

What a BS! There are ways to protect from HIV and other diseases that work 100%. As long as we have no idea of the mechanisms and of the habits of the people in the 2 samples I find it difficult to make any sense of this.

There's a great deal known about HPV and herpes transmission.

And what ways are you referring to that guarantee not catching herpes or hpv 100%? Do you mean abstinence? LOL

Edited by el_jefe

I'm sure some use posts like this to justify to themseves that barebacking is OK (or maybe, kid themselves that it won't happen to them). Otherwise, why not wrap ?

I always wrap but they do break sometimes and since abstinence isn't really an option I'm seriously considering circumcision.

Everything good about circumcision is FALSE and plain STUPID.

Do a search on "foreskin restoration" and you will see why.

Do not cut your penis, leave it uncut. :)

Then pls post a link to ANY research showing that circumcision does not reduce the risk of getting infected.

Do a search on "foreskin restoration" and you will see why.

Do not cut your penis, leave it uncut. :)

You have persuaded me with your well thought out cogent argument. Thanks for taking the time to write such a well thought out reply. TROLL

Oh, I am sorry you feel offended mr. trusted member.

I can understand that, the debate on foreskin is not new.

I am speaking this just to warn anyone who are thinking of circumcision.

Don't. I almost went for it, but glad I didn't.

Just google it, foreskin restoration, anti circumcision and you will see all the answers.

If you ever wonder why the american surgeons are so eager to circumcise the babies - Money.

Oh, I am sorry you feel offended mr. trusted member.

I can understand that, the debate on foreskin is not new.

I am speaking this just to warn anyone who are thinking of circumcision.

Don't. I almost went for it, but glad I didn't.

Just google it, foreskin restoration, anti circumcision and you will see all the answers.

If you ever wonder why the american surgeons are so eager to circumcise the babies - Money.

foreskin restoration is the process of getting it back - yes, that's hard.

Now show us the research that contradicts the seeming consensus in the medical community about foreskin and STDs. And please be specific - i.e., a link(s) not just search for foreskin restoration or something.

You can't just make wild statements and expect anyone to believe you - trusted member or not.

Edited by el_jefe

I always wrap but they do break sometimes...

I've only had this happen once in 35 years - I sometimes wonder what people do to the things. Circumcision is a bit of a drastic step, especially as an adult. Probably best done when you're too young to remember. A friend at school had it done when he about 13 - and he didn't look too comfortable for weeks.

Nice to know that my parents having my penis mutilated at birth has some benefits.

Yes I have read that before but as an ex sailor and uncircumcised man, I always give it wash is the sink straight afterwards.

I think in my bareback days it saved me from many 'Tropical' diseases.

I think I am too old to get it done at 37 now he he.

It is probably much the same as women have a higher chances of catching STD's as they çarry it around with them' so to speak.

Nothing like a warm, moist environment for diseases to live.

Cheers for the reminder

Highlander

When a penis is circumcised, the soft, moist skin on the glans dries out, and becomes harder, tougher and less sensitive.

On top of that, it reduces the total amount of skin surface, which reduces the chances of transmission of a virus.

But I still think that a condom provides much better protection and I'm glad I still have my foreskin.

I am not in denial

• 3 weeks later...

Woo hoo!

It's good to be circumsised because:

1. Your dick is less sensitive so sex lasts longer.

2. Girls don't have to deal with foreskin cheese so are more likely to enjoy blowing you

3. They look better. Seriously, I used to go to bording school and I really think some uncircumcised blokes' dicks look like some sort of marine animal

4. Less likely to get an STD including HIV. In fact, they are looking at practicing more circumcision in Africa to help slow down the spread there

5. God said so, so you won't go to hell :P

The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools

• 4 weeks later...

lol it's easy to see who is circumcised and who isn't here in this thread! Everyone wants to promote justification of what their own penis is like.

When I was a father to be 10 years ago my girl and I researched the subject heavily in case our child was a boy. From the research we decided the pros of circumcision far exceeded the cons. When we notified the hospital in Australia of our decision via our lodged birthing plan we were basically harassed by the doctors and nursing staff as being ignorant and just wanting the child to look like her father! WTF?

If any of you choose to had your child circumcised just tell em you are jewish and save the drama!

Am I worthy of being a Soi Prisoner you tell me?

Zero to Hero

I don't care what you lot say;

I ain't chopping the end off my Nob:

I like my foreskin;

It's pure Organic and natural:

Makes good cheese

:Dance1:

Edited by HappyGuy99

• 2 weeks later...

The medical evidence is simply overwhelming on this issue. No debate needed.

What's terrible is that HPV can be transmitted mouth to mouth. Can't even kiss a broad safely these days!

There is no reliable data to suggest circumcision is better then none cut. There are a number of opinions which are (imo) based on religious grounds more than scientific grounds.

The fact is that foreskin has its ups and downs (pun intended), but my opinion is that it should be the persons choice, so if you want it cut - go ahead. Just don't put a baby without a say in the matter through it.

Fact is, you still need to have a gentlemans wash regardless of how much skin you have :GoldenSmile1:

อะไรเอ่ย เวลาเรายืนมันห้อย เวลาเราเดินมันà¹à¸à¸§à¹ˆà¸‡?

à¹à¸‚น