IGNORED

Acqua or Page 10 - recommendations please

bobroost

9 hours ago, vimto66 said:

i haven't stayed there but those rooms at the Acqua look tiny

Having stayed there, they are tiny. 🙂 If you only go to the room to sleep, probably not that bad, but I generally spend a fair amount of awake time in my room so a standard room at Acqua is too small for me to be comfortable in. I stepped up to the Executive Deluxe room and that one was a comfortable size for me, and a well appointed room. I posted a review of the room on here somewhere. 

• Like 2

I agree with both @vimto66and @Garzan

The Acqua rooms ARE tiny, but I appreciate the location and am not one to lounge, if I did, Acqua would never be an option.

For someone who uses the room simply to shower, sleep and the occasional TF visit I think Acqua is adequate, otherwise Page 10 would be preferable imo.

Edited by AngelCty2Nit

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

I stayed in both and liked both hotel. Page 10 bigger rooms, first room I was in had an old bathroom (shower in tub) but I asked to change and the second night had a much better room. Con for Page 10 for me was the airconditioning that was either freezing cold (and noisy) or you had to turn it off and deal with the heat.

Acqua had a junior suite so room big enough but no balcony and slightly noisy from Treetown bars. Good aircon.

Lovely staff in both. Location wise both great but Acqua was the best of the two, walk around the hotel and you're in Treetown.

5 hours ago, Tapaz1976 said:

Acqua had a junior suite so room big enough but no balcony and slightly noisy from Treetown bars. Good aircon.

Lovely staff in both. Location wise both great but Acqua was the best of the two, walk around the hotel and you're in Treetown.

On 18/10/2022 at 15:29, Orgynizer said:

Be aware that only one of the two junior suites is having a balcony at all... 😉

On 18/10/2022 at 16:12, j_d66 said:

All rooms at Acqua have a balcony

Granted the Superior Room which is the smallest has a small balcony with a chair.  It is not huge but big enough to sit out there if one desires.

I have stayed at Acqua many times and true the Superior room is a little tight but I never found it a problem.

Thanks for confirming what I wrote two times already, but still some believe that all rooms in Acqua have a balcony 😉

On 25/01/2023 at 05:16, Tapaz1976 said:

I stayed in both and liked both hotel. Page 10 bigger rooms, first room I was in had an old bathroom (shower in tub) but I asked to change and the second night had a much better room. Con for Page 10 for me was the airconditioning that was either freezing cold (and noisy) or you had to turn it off and deal with the heat.

Had the same experience with the a/c when staying at Page 10. At 26 degrees, it'll be freezing; at 27, it'll be hot. Stayed on the 3rd floor maybe 301 or 310 (when you walk out of the elevator, room on the far left). Were other rooms like this? 

Otherwise, absolutely love the location of Page 10

• 8 months later...

Anyone have any updates regarding the Page10 hotel regarding their air conditioning? Just wondering if they have had a chance to fix it or not.

They seem to allow a guest to get a refundable stay, but I think that means if you cancel the whole thing ahead of time. Not sure what happens if you want to relocate after a couple of weeks.

Edited by ctp2018

Would recommend you reserve for a week or two if you think you might want to relocate in a week or two. In my experience the refund is good until a day or two before your reservation.

7 hours ago, ctp2018 said:

Anyone have any updates regarding the Page10 hotel regarding their air conditioning? Just wondering if they have had a chance to fix it or not.

I stayed at Page 10 in august and didn’t have any issues with the aircon but maybe it’s just something that didn’t bother me personally. Decent place and excellent location…the hotel has its shortcomings but I would stay there again (mainly cos of the location). 

For a cover is nice but the cover is not the book.

Does anyone know if the Page10 hotel requires you to create a login to complete the reservation?

I’m pretty sure that Agoda requires a login account to do a reservation. Always been a little bit shy about using a third-party for hotels.

1 hour ago, ctp2018 said:

Does anyone know if the Page10 hotel requires you to create a login to complete the reservation?

I’m pretty sure that Agoda requires a login account to do a reservation. Always been a little bit shy about using a third-party for hotels.

it would take you like 15 seconds to check that out yourself :)

but no, you don't need a login to make a reservation on the hotel website. you might get better prices if you create an account first tough, sometimes you get 5-10% off. 

no problem to use Agoda or another (reliable) third party website for hotel bookings, it's done millions of times a day all over the world.... all the big portals (that are mostly part of a duopoly anyway) are completely fine to use. 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

The best for Acqua hotel is to email reception.

They answer within 12h usually, if not, just send email back

The Superior rooms are tiny, yes

Executive deluxe are better

But till end of year, they are renewed, so only superior available ...

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed 3 nights in Page 10. All in all, a decent hotel with friendly service and ok breakfast. As some others also pointed out, the AC in room was quite noisy and also got too cold easily. Carpet floors as well. 

If I may suggest another option on the same soi, the Sea Me Spring Tree hotel was more to my liking and they are in the same price range. It has better (albeit smaller) rooms with wooden floors, good AC and balconies with partial sea views (although must upgrade for the view). I was also more quiet with less customers and often I had the roof top pool all to myself.

• 2 months later...

In Agoda you can see the room size something like 35m2 above is actually decent. That being said Acqua standard rooms are around 20m2 its damn tiny. If use the room for working then it will be not so comfy. They do have rooms with king size bed at 44m2 but Page 10 price to a comparable size were cheaper. But i like the look and feel of Acqua and great rooftop pool.

Does anyone know if Acqua is newer than Page 10? Page 10 is ok for me but it’s showing its age slightly. I’m looking at booking Acqua but curious if it’s in better condition ie less worn looking. Looks newer in the pics on Agoda but sometimes they can be misleading…

Edited by wallywest

11 hours ago, wallywest said:

Does anyone know if Acqua is newer than Page 10?

Acqua is much newer than Page 10.

25 minutes ago, Garzan said:

Acqua is much newer than Page 10.

Thanks do you know how old Acqua is roughly?

5 minutes ago, wallywest said:

Thanks do you know how old Acqua is roughly?

Roughly, my guestimate would be 6-8 years. I remember it being built while living here, and I've been here for around 12 years.

You can get a good guess of how new the hotel is by how tiny the rooms are. That's why I generally prefer older properties, since the room sizes are generally larger and I'm only in Pattaya now a week at a time.

Edited by Garzan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garzan said:

Roughly, my guestimate would be 6-8 years. I remember it being built while living here, and I've been here for around 12 years.

You can get a good guess of how new the hotel is by how tiny the rooms are. That's why I generally prefer older properties, since the room sizes are generally larger and I'm only in Pattaya now a week at a time.

True. Mind you my own house in Australia is semi new and very tiny, my bedroom is barely large enough for walking room around my bed, so I’m used to it. But I am worried I won’t have enough space to arrange all the things I like to take in Acqua. I have booked the deluxe size though (with the option to cancel, still thinking about it)…doesn’t look that different to the standard in the pics but hopefully it’s enough. Thanks for your answers.

It has been mentioned that Acqua rooms, "on the wrong side" might be subject to late night (TreeTown?) noise if that's a concern . Acqua certainly offers quick access to Soi Honey and offerings like Sweet massage. You could probably scoot across in your PJs for a wake-me-up bj.

Page 10 is on a quiet Soi with a 3 minute walk to the beach

If you want a soapy Honey massage is just outside Acqua' front door. The downside you will sometimes face a throng of song-thau with packs of Indian customers seeking nirvana, while at the same time screaming "DISCOUNT DISCOUNT DISCOUNT!"

This is Thailand.

Cheers and good luck.

I just sit back and relax - I've earned it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/11/2022 at 04:16, Stokielad said:

No on the right, opposite the suit shop

image.thumb.png.a3a4b941e14310f576e457c854460b92.png

This is fantastic info, is this still around and available? I assume Page 10 hasn't reduced their laundry prices at all....

• 1 month later...

Stayed in Acqua on my visit to Pattaya in May of 2023 and Page 10 in March 2024. 

Acqua Rooms were tiny, so small that there wasn't even anywhere to put a 20kg case without it being significantly in the way. I was in a room not on the roadside so it was very quiet at night, I heard plenty of people complaining about noise and asking to change rooms while waiting for friends in reception though. 

Apologies AngelCty2Nit, but I disagree entirely that Page 10 is on a quiet soi. Bars right outside the hotel were playing music loudly until 5:00 am every night, the bass was so high window was shaking and I was on Floor 4. I suspect this is a similar problem with most of hotels in area though. I did not get a good nights sleep 5 nights I was in town, even with noise-cancelling headphones I could 'feel' the noise. I wasn't a massive fan of having a foldable screen between the room and bathroom area also. Other than that room I was in was excellent, very spacious, probably a little too spacious in bathroom as the shower area was too big.

Both being in such close proximity to Hemingways is excellent news, great menu for brunch/lunch to start the day.

1 hour ago, Muttley81 said:

Apologies AngelCty2Nit, but I disagree entirely that Page 10 is on a quiet soi. Bars right outside the hotel were playing music loudly until 5:00 am every night, the bass was so high window was shaking and I was on Floor 4.

From my own experience, yes and no. 🙂 I'd agree with @AngelCty2Nit that Soi 10 is "mostly" a quiet soi, but also agree with you that the Second Road end of Soi 10 sucks, unless you get a room on the north side of the Page 10 hotel

While it is not included in the thread topic, my current favorite hotel is The Stay on Soi 10, and it is very quiet. In the middle of the soi, the two hotels facing The Stay are both casualties of COVID. The only noise you'd get at The Stay is if you happen to be unlucky enough to get an asshole neighbor. And unlike Acqua, the room size is comfortable--true for many older properties. 

• Like 3

Acqua is fantastically located and yes, small rooms.

I've stayed at Page 10 three times and won't ever stay again.  Not because of the noise, I didn't ever find that bad at all, but there were some other problems on my last stay:

1.  The cleaner lady on my floor was acting very odd and suspicious.  She then took the spare key card out of my room while I was out.  I was then charged (robbed) of 300b for "losing" the key card.  The cleaner claimed she didn't take it, and the staff refused to listen to sense.  I don't care about 300b.  I care about the principle of what happened.

2.  My room was very moldy.  This included the AC, some of the wall, and some of the roof.  It made me sick.  Even my backpack that was sitting in the room got absolutely coated in mold too.  Had to get it washed.

Personally, I'm going to try the Debua next trip.  It's not too far away.

I'd agree that for the most part Soi 10 is fairly quiet.  The closer you stray from beach road towards 2nd the louder it gets, however.  The top of the soi has that one bar that runs karaoke until like 4 am full blast, and is practically right across the street from Page 10.  If you don't get a north side (opposite the road) opening room, you will regret it if you're a light sleeper. 

IMO the best hotel on Soi 10 is Deep Blue Z.  If you can snag one of the three top floor rooms with a sea view it's pretty nice.  The rooms are on the smaller side, but the hotel is run fairly well.  The only issue I have with the rooms is they designed the AC to blow directly over the bed, and it's either on full blast, or off.