IGNORED

Acqua or Page 10 - recommendations please

bobroost

This will be my first time to Pattaya. I've read through a lot of the reviews and narrowed my search down to Acqua and Page 10 hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels recently? With price being pretty much same, which would you recommend? Have they started breakfast buffets or is it still the set menu? Looks like Acqua is the newer hotel with better breakfast but the recent reviews in tripadvisor is giving me second thoughts. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.  

Edited by bobroost

My first trip upcoming too, so no first hand info I can share.

I looked at both. I booked Page 10. I checked Agoda just now, a much lower daily rate and significantly bigger rooms.
I opted to ignore breakfast offerings as I anticipate missing it more often than not. Easy enough to stroll across the road and find somewhere when I arise. The price for breakfast with Agoda booking is the same per day as at any nearby breakfast bar. At Acqua its included in the price no matter what.

There are mixed reviews at both hotels although on the forum everyone seems positive. I did read that at Page 10 there is an issue with poor drainage of shower room floors, limited to rooms on only one of the levels, but I think its been fixed thanks to recent referb. Can anyone confirm?
People who had the issue resolved it by raising it with staff and were given a room on a different floor.

Have a look on google street view and see what bars are around Acqua. I know from reading that one side of Page10 is quiet, facing over undeveloped land while the front can pick up bar noise. I made request for room on the quiet side.

I also liked the fact there is a small weights room with dumbells, treadmill and a cable machine next to the pool at Page10. I will keep my routine up and finish with a swim.

Edited by davetherave3311

I have stayed in both in the last six months, it’s no contest Page 10 wins in all departments in my view.

Ask for a room at the back on floor five and above and you overlook what is achieved an undeveloped area in front of the Bayview hotel very quiet. The only real potential issues can be noisy Aircon and don’t worry about the breakfast,  it’s not great, Hemingways is literally across the road which is just one of the best breakfasts in town.

Answering the question above I’ve stayed Page 10 three times and had no issues in the bathrooms they are some of the best in Pattaya.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

Sitting at Page 10's breakfast as I write.  Planning on spending 3 days at Acqua starting tomorrow 555.

I'm testing hotels for extended stay starting mid next month so giving hotels 3 day tests.

P10 is okay across the board. A little meh other than the value. Their breakfast buffet actually runs from 7am to 11am so you might be able to hit it.  It's meh, not good, not bad. 

No complaints and they check most of the boxes,  swimming pool,  'Sky bar', weight room,  pleasant decor, rooms okay size. Service people also meh, not unfriendly but not the OTT pleasant one often gets with thai hotel workers.

Get strong 5G AIS reception in room which is important to me,  but the wifi is totally okay as well.

Enjoy your stay wherever you end up. 

10 hours ago, BuckDefiant said:

but the wifi is totally okay as well.

wifi at page10 is actually the biggest downside imho. while the signal strength is good, the speed of their shared internet connection is just terrible for 2022. you will get under 10mbps (aka 1megabyte / s) in download speeds and it's normally not enough to stream 1080p and even 720p streaming is sometimes over the limit. 

so if you need large data transfers for work (or fun), it certainly sucks. for normal browsing etc it's certainly good enough tough. 

that is based on many visits, but the last one is from march 22, so there's a slight chance that they upgraded in the mean time and the problem is solved. i hope so, but i don't think so. 

but Page 10 is still my goto option, so it's certainly not enough of a downside of keeping me away. 

• Thanks 2

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, petehoax said:

wifi at page10 is actually the biggest downside imho. while the signal strength is good, the speed of their shared internet connection is just terrible for 2022. you will get under 10mbps (aka 1megabyte / s) in download speeds and it's normally not enough to stream 1080p and even 720p streaming is sometimes over the limit. 

so if you need large data transfers for work (or fun), it certainly sucks. for normal browsing etc it's certainly good enough tough. 

that is based on many visits, but the last one is from march 22, so there's a slight chance that they upgraded in the mean time and the problem is solved. i hope so, but i don't think so. 

but Page 10 is still my goto option, so it's certainly not enough of a downside of keeping me away. 

Apparently, the key to good Internet connection in your room at Page 10 is to use the LAN cable into wall socket near the desk. Plug in direct or use a travel hotspot router thing and then you have your own private wireless and its is fine, full speed. Saw an article review about it.

Page 10 and its not close IMO, way too much noise at Acqua. You also need to be very careful about what rooms you get too, the smallest ones are so small you wont have enough room for a suitcase. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've stayed in both hotels. I like Acqua, it's newer and more 'stylish' but as mentioned, the standard rooms are microscopic. I stayed in the Executive Deluxe, which is significantly more roomy. 

Still though, if Acqua and Page10 were my two choices, I'd stay at Page10. It's older, so the rooms are a decent size instead of the modern micro-room philosophy. The breakfast is decent. On Soi 10 it's in between the north baht bus route on Second Road and the south baht bus route on Beach Road. And the north side rooms are very quite since it backs up on a parking area instead of Tree Town. 

My own opinion is that Acqua is more trendy, but Page10 is a better value. 

17 minutes ago, Garzan said:

I've stayed in both hotels. I like Acqua, it's newer and more 'stylish' but as mentioned, the standard rooms are microscopic. I stayed in the Executive Deluxe, which is significantly more roomy. 

Still though, if Acqua and Page10 were my two choices, I'd stay at Page10. It's older, so the rooms are a decent size instead of the modern micro-room philosophy. The breakfast is decent. On Soi 10 it's in between the north baht bus route on Second Road and the south baht bus route on Beach Road. And the north side rooms are very quite since it backs up on a parking area instead of Tree Town

My own opinion is that Acqua is more trendy, but Page10 is a better value. 

I can't disagree with this.  I have stayed at both in the past 6 months, but booked Acqua again becuase it suited me better at the time. They both have their pros and cons and you shouldn't be disappointed with either, but you could whinge about both.

Just book the one you want and enjoy it for a week.  I would not book either for more than a week.... book one and then decide if you want to stay for longer than a week, or just change to the other for the next week to try something different.

Page 10 nice sized and decent rooms for the money, stayed recently.  I don't like the pool that much personally, but it's acceptable. Overall a good value hotel in a decent location. 

Acqua rooms are way too small. 

Seems like I’ve recommended Page 10 in at least two other threads this week, but I am a big fan. Location, room size, and the unflappability of the staff are the biggest factors in its favour IMO. On the other hand, it is a little bit worn (at least the last time I was there), the breakfast is meh, and the weight room and pool are somewhat perfunctory, if these matter to you. 

TB-ES

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not stayed at Page 10 recently but i'd reccomend it on my one stay, its in a superb location down a relitively quiet soi, with Beach road a minutes walk to your right and second road a minute to your left, nice rooms too, if i get back to pattaya i'd try stay there again.

22 hours ago, bobroost said:

This will be my first time to Pattaya. I've read through a lot of the reviews and narrowed my search down to Acqua and Page 10 hotel. Has anyone stayed at either of these hotels recently? With price being pretty much same, which would you recommend? Have they started breakfast buffets or is it still the set menu? Looks like Acqua is the newer hotel with better breakfast but the recent reviews in tripadvisor is giving me second thoughts. Any thoughts or recommendations would be appreciated.  

I also had the same question in 2019 and i went for Page10, following some advice, because of room size, mainly. Some people warned me against the noise in some Page10 rooms, coming from a bar in front, but i asked for a room in the back at it was perfect (and i am not sire the band is still playing at that bar, anyway).

I found the swimming pool smaller than what i would prefer, but it was not bad. Breakfast nothing special, but also not bad. 

Room was fine, bathroom was very good too (not a single problem, on the contrary). Staff was nice too.

It was a nice experience for me. I will not go there, this time, but only because i will go for a condo, as my stay will be longer.

I stayed in Acqua each time cause new

But as Garzan said, standard room are little and you dont know where to put the luggage !

I changed for an executive Deluxe, much more place and not many price difference

I like the pool in this hotel and very friendly staff

But for my next trip I will perhaps change and the Page 10 was on my list too

Or a LK (Residence, Empress ...), SEA ME SPRING ?

Soi 10 hotels are in the middle of everything, beach, action, bath bus ...

I used to stay at Page 10 up to 5 years ago. Loved the room layout and big walkin shower. But I found I did not get comfortable sleep as the beds were way too hard. Moved to Areca but that was disappointing in July. Staying at Acqua in January. I saw a review on here which had the Wi-Fi download speed at 47.0 mbs  . That was the main reason I booked was for Wi-Fi. Rooms looked a lot smaller but that’s okay

Are there construction works planned or even started at Acqua already, i.e. is there loud noise during daytime now? I heard some rumours that they will work on the roofdeck until the end of this year.

Is somebody staying in Acqua right now and can either confirm directly or possibly ask at the reception for confirmation?

I stayed at both. Much preferred Acqua because it felt more modern and the staff was lovely. Also, absolutely prefer Acquas location. The secret back door to treetown is clutch. Acqua has small rooms though.

Edited by jerkmcgerk

Does anyone know if there's any major differences between the deluxe and grand deluxe rooms. The website says 38sqm v 44sqm but is that the only difference?

Anyone with a strong preference or just comes down to budget /availability etc

Looking to book soon - Thanks!

8 hours ago, Garry Honga said:

Does anyone know if there's any major differences between the deluxe and grand deluxe rooms. The website says 38sqm v 44sqm but is that the only difference?

Anyone with a strong preference or just comes down to budget /availability etc

Looking to book soon - Thanks!

Deluxe has the cupboard for clothes in the shower room, pretty weird. Grand Deluxe has it in the more conventional place in main room.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, davetherave3311 said:

Deluxe has the cupboard for clothes in the shower room, pretty weird. Grand Deluxe has it in the more conventional place in main room.

Yeah - OK. Appreciate that Dave. 

Cheers

I dont know if somebody has same problem, but if i go on Acqua website, I see blanck screen

Just can see the accomodation with rooms, but not the first screen and the reservation screen

Button to click are there, but all is blanck

Has this on all computer, with Firefox and edge ...