IGNORED

1 day over 30 day stay. What to do?

Knightop

I have the answer for anyone in the conundrum of a 1 day overstay. I was just in it. Yes they do count your landing as the first day, even if it's 1130 pm. The good news is the immigration officer smiled and said, no problem if under 24 hours. 

Yes the first person you show your passport to will tell you to standby because of overstay but when you see the immigration officer, as long as it's not more than 24 hours, no fine and no penalty stamp. My plane left at 8am, so anything under my landing time would have been acceptable.

On 13/08/2022 at 03:06, barmatt said:

I also overstayed 1 day a while ago. I miscalculated the month stay by an extra day. At the airport I was sent to another area of immigration but there wasn't a drama they simply stamped my passport after a close look and sent me through. Just assumed I was a falang that couldn't count.

Same thing happen to me couple of years ago, only difference I had 2 days overstay. Sent to another officer with higher hat, he just looked at my passport stamped it and let me go. He also said welcome back to Thailand and safe flight home. Nicest immigration officer I ever meet in Thailand.

Good news here in this thread. I eff'd up remembering what my permission to stay date was and have made all of the arrangements for my exit plans (air, VN hotel, VN Visa) already. These will result in a 1 day overstay. Sounds like no big deal and probably not even the 500 THB fine.

• 2 months later...

Good to know that a day over doesn't seem to be a huge problem..

If God hadn't meant you to eat it , he wouldn't have made it look like a taco !

I'd rather burn out than rust away !