IGNORED

My Day Out At Phoenix Gold

Tuna Town

Looks like a nice course, thanks for the review!

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

After my round decided to head to the Driving Range at Phoenix and hit some balls.

As I would most likely do so later in the day it made sense to do so now as I was hot and sweaty already and it saves the drive though Pattaya arvo traffic 

As for the driving range here .

Well it was hot and hard work as the shade from the roof was just out of range as I was hitting and no fans present. Unfortunately I was probably there at the wrong time of day as the roof is probably set up more for the arvo than 11am 

50 baht a tray of 40 balls so competitive

Mats a bit of variety in quality but as there were only 3 other golfers there it made it easy to pick yourself a good one

Not the longest driving range but it gets longer over in the right hand corner of it where it is a bit over 200 yards there. 

Worked out well as I was really able to fine-tune the direction on the 3wood and Driver as if I didn't hit it into the right area I would be hitting it over the fence

IMG20221025112738.jpg

IMG20221025112733.jpg

IMG20221025112741.jpg

IMG20221025112732.jpg

• Like 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

18 minutes ago, hoback said:

Looks like a nice course, thanks for the review!

It's a great course and I am keen for another crack at it. A better score is out there waiting for me

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

So get in the bunker and after Sunday's shenanigans in the bunkers at Green Valley I am approaching the shot with the confidence of a man walking into a  Pattaya Agogo with a fistful of 1000 baht notes he ain't planning on having when he leaves. 

Well let's just say after I then proceeded to bounce the club straight off the sand and bladed the ball and sailed it 70 metres away from me and well over the green what fake confidence I had on bunker's was shattered.

Do you call that shot the Robbie? or the Jones? 555

11 hours ago, 1080B said:

Do you call that shot the Robbie? or the Jones? 555

Neither Robbie or Timbo over shoot the mark by 70 metres 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Played here in April. Today actually a Tuesday 

Green Fee 2200baht Caddy and Cart Included and I ordered in my caddie 215. Who was unaware who had booked her but was delighted to see my ugly head in the car when she got told her booking had arrived 

Played here four times now so feel like I know where I am going 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 2 hours 45 mins. Couple of useless Farang cunts playing in a group of 3 had 3 singles backed up for 3 holes straight at the end and they had only played 7 holes so far 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 and shot a 89 today which is satisfactory 

Started off on the Ocean and had a 44 Limped it in on the Mountain with a 45

Highlights of the Round was finding a Bogey  on the 18th hole. A Par 5 down hill seen me get the driver away a 7 Wood over the trees leaving me a wedge in. Stiffed it 12 feet. Putt lipped  so no birdie. Next putt also lipped out for a 3 putt 6. Now I didn't really do a lot wrong on this hole at all and could easily have had a 4 but one of these days one will drop 555

Second highlight was the first and second on the Mountain with  regulation pars played well tee to green but still couldn't make a Birdie Putt 

Lowlight was really two bad holes on the finishing Mountain 9 On the 7th a Par5 got away with a poor tee shot right which hit a tree short with a crushed 3Wood over the dam leaving me 65 m out uphill pitching on for a birdie putt. Proceeded to skull it over the back by about 30 metres. Pitched on and 3 putted for a 7. Then on the 9th good tee shot away middle of fairway. Played a 7Wood right which expected to chip but upon arrival realised it was a bunker shot. Proceeded to blast it over the green into another and then took two to get out of it before two putting for triple bogey 7. Not a great way to finish the day but I at least put myself in a good position today 

Chipped on and 3 putted and on the 1st where I did the exact same to record double bogey 6s. Both were really poor chips compounded by bad first putts 

As for my game the real highlight was I sort of backed up yesterday's performance with another ok showing 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver started off poorly pulling left on first few holes and then right and just didn't really have it on the first nine  but eventually straightened back out to be back out on the back 9 

Irons were going well and I got some great ones particularly on the first two par 3s giving me good look at birdies which of course didn't go in 

Wedges were great today with the exception of one on the 7th I would like back 

Fairway Woods Went well today and was pretty impressed with contact and direction 

My chipping was disappointing today. The course set up around the greens should favour my style of chipping but you wouldn't know it. Skilled one across a green early and that left me gun shy the rest of the day 

My putting was Ok Did have the 3 X  3 putt though and still can't buy a putt to save my life at present. Hit a few great putts that finish next to the hole but won't go in 

Bunkers we're going ok until the disaster on the last 

Lost Ball tally was 0 which was good as if I don't maintain some control I am gonna be investing in another box before the week is over 

Course is a great playable track and I recommend for golfers of all abilities 

About a 30 minute drive from Central Pattaya

impressive level of dedication and focus with these reports.  thank you.

"If a man could fuck a woman in a cardboard box, he wouldn't buy a house". - Dave Chappelle

On 25/04/2023 at 11:54, hoback said:

impressive level of dedication and focus with these reports.  thank you.

No problem 

• 3 months later...

Yet another good report, have you played here recently or know anything about the state of the course? Hopefully I will play this one aswell on my next trip.

4 hours ago, Rui said:

Yet another good report, have you played here recently or know anything about the state of the course? Hopefully I will play this one aswell on my next trip.

Stayed tuned.

I am going there next week 

1 minute ago, Tuna Town said:

Stayed tuned.

I am going there next week 

Will certainly stay tuned then 🙂 Looking forward to your report from your future visit there.

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/08/2022 at 13:13, Tuna Town said:

Thought I was getting a bit slack so need to finish these off so I didn't get the reputation on par with@boingo555

Played here in June

Green Fee 1900 baht.

Caddy/Cart  Included

300 baht Comp Fee

Played with a Golf Bar as this joint just like Laem Chabang seems to want a Mint for one off golfers and playing with the bar who tee off early saved me a pile of baht 

Arrive nice and early and I must compliment the club for the two or three fantastic speed bumps they have on the road into the club house. Real suspension killing things these things were. Thank Fuck they don't look at the under carriage in a rental 

Putting the blockout on for a day in the sun I find we are held up by golfers in front of us 

The day is bright and sunny and I am getting a case of Deja Vu.

It has been 7 years since I was here and the last time I was here I was sitting on the first tee thinking about what a great night I had getting back to the room at 4am with my BarFine some late night shenanigans and I was up early at 7am for some early morning shenanigans then off to golf and I was sitting in the cart waiting to play 18 holes with a hangover. 

This time I had tried having an early night. The TG carried on like a Pork Chop and I wasn't gonna argue with her so I went to the room at 2300 and  left her to it and eventually got to sleep only to be woken up by her at 0230 as she wanted to get into the room and needed to get past Security as I hadn't left her with the swipe card. Anyway she still hadn't calmed down or forgiven or forgotten and I staggered back into bed and struggled to get back to sleep 

She was leaving in the morning anyway and the reaction was cold then as well. 555 

Driving out to golf I realised I had left my wallet in the safe so was a bit put out as I only had 3000 baht  in the Emergency I just drunk my wallet empty I need to pay the bin stash spot I have. Was just enough for the day out but not having more cash was putting me off things

Anyway I am sitting in the same spot this time not hung over but on the back of minimal sleep feeling as flat as a tack so I had the similar feeling of being hung over and thinking how this is the same as I felt last time I was on this course 

Hopefully I can break this trend next time 555

Tee off early in the morning on the Ocean and Mountain 9s and we take nearly 6 hours to play the round. We start off in sun. But before too long it rains and we get 5 to 6 showers today with a couple of them we had to stay off the course for 40 -60 mins until they pass

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was happy with 89 off the stick around there 

My Putting I was happy with. Today I really started to find my groove and on the front 9 was rolling in putts most holes. Took 30 putts for the day and only 13 putts on the front 9 

Highlights of the round was the Par 5 2nd which I birdied for the 3rd birdie of the trip 

Got one away off the tee. Then up the fairway to 9Iron range and then took on what was a tight pin but I couldn't see it from where I was and knocked it to about 8 feet. In a lot of ways I was lucky as I would have really short sided myself big time if it hadn't of worked out. Rolled the putt in for the birdie

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 12th and 13th Had spent a long time waiting to play after a rain delay just lost the rythym and started with a bogey on the 11th that I was lucky to make and then followed it up with 2 shockingly played holes.

Though was able to get it back on track with 3 pars on the next 3 holes but those two holes cost me a good score 

That doesn't take into account losing balls on the Front 9 where I hit the Par 3 4th into a Greenside Water Hazard with an errant wild tee shot and then hooked one OB on the 6th so I was playing 3 off the tee

These errors are costing me big time and I need to cut them out 

The course is a great course and has 27 holes. I haven't played the Lake 9 yet as both yes I have played the same set 

As great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future as this time I really appreciated this course as a test of your game but a playable course with minimal water. 

Hopefully next time the rain Fucks right off as well 

Pheonix is another of my favourite cheap courses. I normally do okay on it. Last time I was there back in 2018 I played it 3 times and the final par 5 bit my arse every time. I don't know which 9 it is. It's the one with bunkers right on driving distance and then a stand of trees on the left and a raised green at a funny angle. That hole is a bastard.

I preferred the old layout before they chopped that par 5 into a short par 4 with a green like the crack of an arse and made the next par 4 into a 90 degree dogleg right par 5 over water. They fucked around with the stroke 1 hole as well which ruined it a bit. Now it's 3 wood and a wedge.

• 2 months later...

Played here in August on a Tuesday.

Hadn't made golf Monday as there was an incident with karaoke and cocktails at a bar on Chayapoon late on Sunday night that saw me in no fit state on Monday at all to play golf and the ear drums bleeding of those who heard me murder Bohemian Rhapsody 

Green Fee 2200baht Caddy and Cart Included and I ordered in my caddie 215. Caddie once again had no idea who had booked her and the Head staff at the bag drop said she remembered me but the caddie forgot again 

Good thing she don't forget the lines of the greens around here 

Tee off early as only myself playing and around in about 3 hours 45 mins. Lightening fast front nine in just over an hour and 15 mins then to have two and half hours of sitting around waiting as three Koreans refused to let us through for the last 9 holes 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 and shot a 87 today which is satisfactory 

Started off on the Ocean and had a 45. Finally got a run on the Lakes for the first time  and got round that in 42 

Highlights of the Round was finally  a Birdie on the 1st hole of the day on the Ocean course. Tee shot away 2nd up to near the green. Caddie dropped me off with my chipping weapon a 9iron. Picked the spot I wanted to land on the green struck it sweet and watched it roll in. Shame no one seen it. Caddie comes running up to the green with the putter looking around trying to locate the ball thinking I must have chipped it off the green or something as I calmly walked over and cool as fuck picked it up out of the hole 

Second highlight was the Birdie on the 5th on the Lakes course a short Par 4. Teed off with the 7Wood to leave myself a full Sand Wedge at the green. Struck it to about 4 feet and tapped it in for a birdie 

To be fair I should have had a 3rd Birdie today but lipped a putt out on the 2nd on the Lakes when I hit it just not hard enough to hold its line 

Lowlight was the 8 on the Par 5 4th on Ocean

Poor tee shot got me in trouble couple of chip shots and a couple of putts. Sloppy all over 

As for my game the real highlight was I sort of backed up Sundays performance with another ok showing 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver not as good as my previous round but solid 

Irons were an improvement today and didn't leave me feeling like they were my problem as they had been 

Wedges were good today 

Fairway Woods Went well today and was pretty impressed with contact and direction

My chipping was ok but still below my ability around here. Chipping in once though was a bonus 

My putting was Ok Did have only 12 putts on the front 9 and 16 on the back with one 3 putt

Lost Ball tally was 0 which is always handy 

First time playing the Lakes course and it is noticeably a short course. Still a challenge but suitable for higher scoring golf types 

About a 30 minute drive from Central Pattaya