Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out At Phoenix Gold

Tuna Town

Thought I was getting a bit slack so need to finish these off so I didn't get the reputation on par with@boingo555

Played here in June

Green Fee 1900 baht.

Caddy/Cart  Included

300 baht Comp Fee

Played with a Golf Bar as this joint just like Laem Chabang seems to want a Mint for one off golfers and playing with the bar who tee off early saved me a pile of baht 

Arrive nice and early and I must compliment the club for the two or three fantastic speed bumps they have on the road into the club house. Real suspension killing things these things were. Thank Fuck they don't look at the under carriage in a rental 

Putting the blockout on for a day in the sun I find we are held up by golfers in front of us 

The day is bright and sunny and I am getting a case of Deja Vu.

It has been 7 years since I was here and the last time I was here I was sitting on the first tee thinking about what a great night I had getting back to the room at 4am with my BarFine some late night shenanigans and I was up early at 7am for some early morning shenanigans then off to golf and I was sitting in the cart waiting to play 18 holes with a hangover. 

This time I had tried having an early night. The TG carried on like a Pork Chop and I wasn't gonna argue with her so I went to the room at 2300 and  left her to it and eventually got to sleep only to be woken up by her at 0230 as she wanted to get into the room and needed to get past Security as I hadn't left her with the swipe card. Anyway she still hadn't calmed down or forgiven or forgotten and I staggered back into bed and struggled to get back to sleep 

She was leaving in the morning anyway and the reaction was cold then as well. 555 

Driving out to golf I realised I had left my wallet in the safe so was a bit put out as I only had 3000 baht  in the Emergency I just drunk my wallet empty I need to pay the bin stash spot I have. Was just enough for the day out but not having more cash was putting me off things

Anyway I am sitting in the same spot this time not hung over but on the back of minimal sleep feeling as flat as a tack so I had the similar feeling of being hung over and thinking how this is the same as I felt last time I was on this course 

Hopefully I can break this trend next time 555

Tee off early in the morning on the Ocean and Mountain 9s and we take nearly 6 hours to play the round. We start off in sun. But before too long it rains and we get 5 to 6 showers today with a couple of them we had to stay off the course for 40 -60 mins until they pass

As for my golf game I play off 12 so was happy with 89 off the stick around there 

My Putting I was happy with. Today I really started to find my groove and on the front 9 was rolling in putts most holes. Took 30 putts for the day and only 13 putts on the front 9 

Highlights of the round was the Par 5 2nd which I birdied for the 3rd birdie of the trip 

Got one away off the tee. Then up the fairway to 9Iron range and then took on what was a tight pin but I couldn't see it from where I was and knocked it to about 8 feet. In a lot of ways I was lucky as I would have really short sided myself big time if it hadn't of worked out. Rolled the putt in for the birdie

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 12th and 13th Had spent a long time waiting to play after a rain delay just lost the rythym and started with a bogey on the 11th that I was lucky to make and then followed it up with 2 shockingly played holes.

Though was able to get it back on track with 3 pars on the next 3 holes but those two holes cost me a good score 

That doesn't take into account losing balls on the Front 9 where I hit the Par 3 4th into a Greenside Water Hazard with an errant wild tee shot and then hooked one OB on the 6th so I was playing 3 off the tee

These errors are costing me big time and I need to cut them out 

The course is a great course and has 27 holes. I haven't played the Lake 9 yet as both yes I have played the same set 

As great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future as this time I really appreciated this course as a test of your game but a playable course with minimal water. 

Hopefully next time the rain Fucks right off as well 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Bit of a fuck up today with the App as I thought I was playing the Lakes course so had to cancel the round after 9 and restart another 9

So 44 and 45 is 89 

1659872024828.jpg

1659871993397.jpg

Caddy for the day 

Caddy no 215

Have to give a solid recommendation for her as one of the best I have had this year 

She was all over the putting lines all day and given me very good reads of the lines required

IMG20220627125132.jpg

It’s a decent, if basic course. I only play it because it’s close to Pattaya and quite cheap. 
nice club house. 

if it was inconvenient in any way to get to I would never go 

4 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

It’s a decent, if basic course. I only play it because it’s close to Pattaya and quite cheap. 
nice club house. 

if it was inconvenient in any way to get to I would never go 

It isn't complicated but that was one thing I liked about it. In a lot of ways I should have played golf here with @TimboJones@Robbie Jones @1080Bas the course was more suited to them 

The bunkering at this course was something I liked a lot as it reminded me of golf on the Murray River in Australia where the holes are very similar styled 

• Like 2

6hrs is far from expectable where ever your playing. I play 6/7 time per trip and I think it’s getting slower and slower.. they need to get course rangers out there moving groups on and such.

However we had one issue with a ranger at the Navy course. He told us to play through on a par 3 which we did and then on the next tee he started chewing out the poor caddy and wanted my pal and her to go ahead and apologies to the group In front for playing through… was like a mental scenario….

Turns out group Ahead was Thai and had majorly lost face. My pal who plays there every week refused to apologies as he was told to play through from the guy who was now saying he had to apologies. 

When we came off we made sure the caddy was ok and wasn’t stopped from working or such. Later on we caught up with the group in front at a drinks break and they couldn’t have been any nicer…. As they say this is Thailand and some stuff is just bonkers..

Anyway back to Phoniex I haven’t played it in 4 years but had my best ever round in Thailand on it -1 so I have a soft spot for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Clem Fandango said:

6hrs is far from expectable where ever your playing. I play 6/7 time per trip and I think it’s getting slower and slower.. they need to get course rangers out there moving groups on and such.

However we had one issue with a ranger at the Navy course. He told us to play through on a par 3 which we did and then on the next tee he started chewing out the poor caddy and wanted my pal and her to go ahead and apologies to the group In front for playing through… was like a mental scenario….

Turns out group Ahead was Thai and had majorly lost face. My pal who plays there every week refused to apologies as he was told to play through from the guy who was now saying he had to apologies. 

When we came off we made sure the caddy was ok and wasn’t stopped from working or such. Later on we caught up with the group in front at a drinks break and they couldn’t have been any nicer…. As they say this is Thailand and some stuff is just bonkers..

Anyway back to Phoniex I haven’t played it in 4 years but had my best ever round in Thailand on it -1 so I have a soft spot for it.

The 6 hours round here was more so down to the constant rain breaks 

We had a bit of delay getting off the first as there were groups in front waiting but once they were off the pace of play was fine 

Biggest problem we had was the 2 lengthy long breaks of 40 to 60 mins where we had no choice but to seek shelter and the other 3 or 4 smaller stoppages where it blew over much quicker

The length of round had very little to do with groups in front or the course at all.

Just golfers not playing when it was flogging down and taking shelter 

8 hours ago, simon1 said:

Hey Tuna,  timely report, one of bookings, thanks

Your welcome 

Enjoy 

Played there last week. Course was in excellent  condition  considering  the rain Pattaya  has had.  Lakes course is closed at the moment  and maybe  for the considerable  future. 0800hrs start and 1800bht sports day rate. No one in front  of me so round in 3 half hours. Caddie  also was excellent  with accurate  reads on all the greens. Nice club house, changing room and close to pattaya. 

Good days  golfing  there.. 

10 hours ago, GARYZX6R said:

Played there last week. Course was in excellent  condition  considering  the rain Pattaya  has had.  Lakes course is closed at the moment  and maybe  for the considerable  future. 0800hrs start and 1800bht sports day rate. No one in front  of me so round in 3 half hours. Caddie  also was excellent  with accurate  reads on all the greens. Nice club house, changing room and close to pattaya. 

Good days  golfing  there.. 

Glad you enjoyed it. I most likely will add it to my list of must visits along with Green Valley next trip 

I am keen for another crack at it 

I have had the pleasure of playing Pheonix on many occasions.

It's a good course and usually in great condition. Worth the money, which is why so many golf societies play there.

I have a regular caddie there and she is a great green reader and fun with it, which makes for a better experience.

Thanks for uploading the photo's. Brought a smile to my face while I am sheltering from the rain in a coffee shop in the UK.

• 3 months later...

Played here in October

Green Fee 1900 baht

Caddy/Cart Included

Had seen they had a Sports Day for 1900 on Tuesdays but this was allegedly for Thais. Had bitten the bullet and decided Fuck it I will rock up and see how I go on the day. Lo and behold I got the 1900 Thai rate without asking 

Sunday rates so paying premium prices 

Had booked a tee time during the week from Farangland via Line and got me booked in for an 8:08am tee off 

Arrived after a 30 minute drive from my condo at Pratmanak and was happy to not see a Korean anywhere

I didn't get stitched up by Google Maps trying to take me in some back door like last time and I managed to slow down for the giant speed humps as you drive in

Tee off and around in about 2.5 hours as today as it was just me and my pre-booked caddy. Yep used the same one I had last trip as she had given me some good reads on putts. 

Unfortunately today my putting skills were not up to scratch though her putt reading was still on 

Played here last trip so am familiar with the course and wanted another crack at it 

I had the day off from golf on Monday after driving into Pattaya on Sunday.

Well that's a lie. I went out on the piss after a session down the range Sunday arvo got trapped in a rain storm down at my mate @1080Bbar on Soi 6 and ended the night down at the recently reopened Bamboo Bar where I found some woman who worked me over hard I just didn't have any interest in going to golf 

But I had another session down the driving range and had worked out the reason why I was getting this cut on my tee shots and that was me cupping my wrist again. 

So two sessions down the range I was looking forward to biting into this course today 

Played the Ocean and Mountain 9s again as the Lake 9 is still out of order

As for my golf game I play off 13 so was not happy with 93 off the stick around there.

Highlights of the round was the Par I got on the 18th. Played a great straight tee shot and left me in a position where a downhill shot with a fairway wood will leave you close to the green but there are a few trees planted on the left side of the fairway you have to negotiate. Problem was I had hit my drive about 15-20 metres too far down the fairway I just didn't fancy I could clear them and was enviously wishing I was 15 metres back.

Ended up laying up and this time didn't put it so it ran right down the slope last time and into the trees. These are the little things I am learning playing these courses again you learn where not to go. Played a good shot on and the fucking thing landed exactly where I wanted it to and expected it to skid on and chase up to the hole but the fucker stopped dead. Tried to finish with the birdie and the caddie gave me the read.

Unfortunately the dickhead with the putter hit the right line but about 2 inches short. So frustrating 

Tapped in for the par but the hole had been well played 

Lowlight was the brain fade on the 2nd. Brain fade??

Let's call it correct

Multiple Brain Fades by an Idiot

Last trip I had a birdie on this hole a Par 5. This trip I shot a fucking 10 

Been ages since I had a score that high on a hole

Started off with a leaked shot right into the trees. Glad to see that work on the driving range had paid off 555. Left without much of a shot to advance it down the fairway due to trees blocking my path I was able to chip it onto the fairway though so I am playing my 3rd where I should be playing my 2nd. Fairway wood up there left me 110 out so I have somewhat put myself back into the hole.

Now here is where it sort of went pear shaped. I hit up to the green and my caddy thought I was on as we were looking into the morning sun. Not her fault as I couldn't see shit either but when we got up there no sign of the ball on the green. Found the fucker in a bunker. 

Caddie hurries back to the cart to get the long wedge as we only had a putter as we were expecting to putt. So get in the bunker and after Sunday's shenanigans in the bunkers at Green Valley I am approaching the shot with the confidence of a man walking into a  Pattaya Agogo with a fistful of 1000 baht notes he ain't planning on having when he leaves. 

Well let's just say after I then proceeded to bounce the club straight off the sand and bladed the ball and sailed it 70 metres away from me and well over the green what fake confidence I had on bunker's was shattered. Followed it up with 2 chips onto the green. Then 3 putts as well.

So I pretty much done nearly everything you can do to cost you shots on a hole ALL on the same fucking hole 

What was the most bizarre thing about this was after 5 holes I had 3 pars and 1 bogey. So the 10 jammed in there was like the most bizarre at thing as the rest of my golf wasn't showing it 

Did get fucked over on the 6th though when I laid up short with my 2nd shot  and proceeded to find myself in such a damp area that the divot I took was as big as one of those rolls of turf you buy at the landscaping place if you are turfing your yard. Ball went about 15 yards. When I finally got the fucker out of the wet patch I missed the green and had to chip on with my 5th 2 putted and got out of there with a triple bogey 7 

The 49 I got on the front 9 was bizarre.

A quintuple bogey two triple bogey 2 bogeys and 4 pars a real mixed bag of shite

As for the back 9. A couple of 3 putts when I was putting for birdie and fucking up good drives with approaches missing greens were just more missed opportunities today 

My ability to be finding ways to squander shots today continued and really hurt me 

My putting I was a really disappointed with. 37 putts today and I just wasn't on my game with it with 4 or 5 three putts 

My driving started off with some issues but as the round proceeded I started to find some improvement 

Well let's just say my golf wasn't great today. No excuses a mixed bag of champagne and shit where a potential good score was blown

Nice quality golf course that I would thoroughly recommend. It's approx 30 mins from Pattaya 

• Like 1