IGNORED

Looking for a Condo in Jomtien

Mockingbird

5 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

View Talay 6 - Some advertised at THB10K/month, which might be a scam, but I'll ask.

Did you mean View Talay 7?

Thanks for the list. I'm looking at a 5 month stay starting October. I'll book a hotel for a few nights and do some viewings of condos that are immediately available.

31 minutes ago, penboy said:

Did you mean View Talay 7?

Thanks for the list. I'm looking at a 5 month stay starting October. I'll book a hotel for a few nights and do some viewings of condos that are immediately available.

No, View Talay 6. Because I've always wanted to stay there, but I think the rent has been too much. On FB, there are reasonably priced ones and I did try and ask one.

I really like View Talay 7, having stayed there once, but even on FB marketplace, they are beyond my budget. Maybe next time, if I am richer or ready for a longer contract.

I am looking at Acqua Condos at the moment and close to booking one if they just come back to me with possible solutions for Internet. I don't mind paying extra for some sort of home fibre or 3BB or whatever works in that condo complex, because not everything works everywhere. 

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

6 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

The Axis - trying to strike a deal for short term here, but so far, none. Axis on AirBnB is expensive

The Axis has 2 blocks. Building A closer to Jomtien, B closer to Pattaya. A is considered better so B is usually cheaper.

Units at the front can get some road noise so are usually cheaper than ones at the back that overlook Big Buddha park.

Reception in Building A have units for rent and will do them just for a month. I’m guessing 12-14k a month??

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

The Axis has 2 blocks. Building A closer to Jomtien, B closer to Pattaya. A is considered better so B is usually cheaper.

Units at the front can get some road noise so are usually cheaper than ones at the back that overlook Big Buddha park.

Reception in Building A have units for rent and will do them just for a month. I’m guessing 12-14k a month??

Cool! Thanks, Davidge!

It's okay. If that's the rate then it's beyond my budget. I'll just look elsewhere.

Just curious - how do I check what kind of short term internet package can I get in certain buildings, like Acqua Condo in Jomtien or View Talay 2A/2B or Jomtien Beach Condos?

I don't mind paying for some sort of temporary Internet service for 1-2 months but so far no one I spoke to know anything about internet services, packages or anything. Initial Google searches also didn't reveal much. 

I'm also eyeing a property on Waterpark Condos as it shows a speedtest for its Internet which seems to be quite decent. I might just book that one because I feel more reassured of the Internet connection.

The last time I was in Pattaya, I stayed in Pratumnak and the host promised some sort of router but when I came he told me it sucks and for me to just use my Thai SIM. It's okay for Netflix and YouTube, but whenever I tried to do some work - Google Meet, and transfer just a few hundred MBs of file, the mobile Internet was very slow. 

I think I need some sort of private router or home fibre or whatever that is stable, fast and reliable.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

A friend owns in Waterpark. Nice pool on roof, a few business near the condo now. Pre-Covid had a lot of short term rentals. You need to walk to the junction of Pratumnak & Thappraya to get the baht bus, which is perfectly doable but don’t underestimate the hill! Friend gets a mototaxi most of the time. The building has run out of money to pay staff and to do maintenance, which is a big problem for owners but won’t affect a short rental.

Internet will vary by building so there’s no way of predicting. If you get something installed just for a month it will obviously add significantly to cost.

34 minutes ago, davidge said:

A friend owns in Waterpark. Nice pool on roof, a few business near the condo now. Pre-Covid had a lot of short term rentals. You need to walk to the junction of Pratumnak & Thappraya to get the baht bus, which is perfectly doable but don’t underestimate the hill! Friend gets a mototaxi most of the time. The building has run out of money to pay staff and to do maintenance, which is a big problem for owners but won’t affect a short rental.

Internet will vary by building so there’s no way of predicting. If you get something installed just for a month it will obviously add significantly to cost.

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the management of Waterpark. Man, I was seriously considering it because of the Internet being offered.

Is there something like a monthly Internet package? I remember seeing a banner stating 3BB for 1 month or 3 months at THBXXX or something at Central festival. Are there any temporary internet packages that is not a Thai mobile SIM?

1 minute ago, Mockingbird said:

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about the management of Waterpark. Man, I was seriously considering it because of the Internet being offered.

Is there something like a monthly Internet package? I remember seeing a banner stating 3BB for 1 month or 3 months at THBXXX or something at Central festival. Are there any temporary internet packages that is not a Thai mobile SIM?

I had one installed for a month when I stayed in Jomtien Complex condo but the rental agent arranged it all. I ‘think’ it was 2-3k but honestly don’t remember.

As I’ve said before, it’s probably something you’d have to arrange with owner/agent or Juristic Office.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, davidge said:

I had one installed for a month when I stayed in Jomtien Complex condo but the rental agent arranged it all. I ‘think’ it was 2-3k but honestly don’t remember.

As I’ve said before, it’s probably something you’d have to arrange with owner/agent or Juristic Office.

Thanks dude.

I think after pushing the issue for as far as I can with the agents and reading and asking on the forum, I believe the best course of action for this Internet issue is just to let it go for now and be prepared to rely only on my traveller's SIM for Internet during my next trip.

Once I get there this September, I will go around these properties and ask about the Internet at the juristic/management offices and quiz the ISPs at the malls on what options are available.

My hope is to get a clearer picture of which property has access to what Internet service thing and then base my future travels on that. Focus of course on short-term stays of 1-6 months.

I plan to spend slightly less than 6 months in Pattaya next year (maybe 5 months, but will go for a 6 months contract) and hopefully with my upcoming 60 day trip, I can determine:

1. Which area in Jomtien (and a few in Central Pattaya and Pratumnak) are walkable and which are torture.

2. What Internet service is available in which complex (with Speedtest)

Okay, so rather than obsessing over things, I think I will try to book a condo next week after my doctor's appointment.

Will update as and when new info comes up.

Okay guys. I just got back from the hospital where the docs said I don't have ass cancer (YAY!) but I do seem to have early stages of osteoarthritis. So I need to lose a lot of weight and not walk so much.

Scared shitless, I went home and booked a flight to Bangkok for this September and decided to reserve one of the Jomtien Beach Condos on AirBnB. Simply because it is confirmed to be on Jomtien Beach Road and I won't have to do extra walking for anything as I want to preserve my knees as much as I can. Most of the other options require a little to fair bit of walking.

I was told by the agent/owner that there is 15-20MB Internet from the building, which probably means a very weak connection, if any. However, I have resigned to relying on a Thai mobile SIM once I'm there and seeing what Internet solutions are available for me once I'm at the place.

I also booked this JBC unit for September and I plan to extend my stay for another month, so I can try another place in October, if I feel like it. 

Honestly, it was a toss up between this or Grande Caribbean, since GB is newer and also doesn't require walking - just rely on baht buses, etc. However, I had my heart set on exploring living in Jomtien as prep for my longer stays the coming years. 

I was intrigued with Waterpark Condos, as it is close to my previous trip favs as well as the baht bus route, but Davidge said maintenance wasn't paid or something and I really hate it if I'm there and suddenly they cut the water or electricity or any sort of trouble.

Anyway, I'm at an older condo but I think the location could save me some pain.

Oh, and I got it for THB 8,125/month. After adding the fees and taxes, figure comes up to THB9599. 

Edited by Mockingbird
Added price
  • Like 2

Following this thread with interest as i too plan on laying roots in Jomtien hopefully by the end of the year.

I would be more longer term as in my case would be for premature retirement so looking at 6 months or a year, still debating on how long i would want to stay in one condo block in case i didn't like it.

The airbnb properties you're looking at i would be curious as to your opinions as they all have large pool areas which i would suit.

Good luck on your decision. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

Following this thread with interest as i too plan on laying roots in Jomtien hopefully by the end of the year.

I would be more longer term as in my case would be for premature retirement so looking at 6 months or a year, still debating on how long i would want to stay in one condo block in case i didn't like it.

The airbnb properties you're looking at i would be curious as to your opinions as they all have large pool areas which i would suit.

Good luck on your decision. 

Hey dude! Thanks and wishing you the best in your premature retirement.

To avoid a mismatch of sorts, I would suggest what others have before - spend some time at a property to form your own perception or feel for it. 

As for my opinion, well, with my medical situation I am now bound by the distance I have to walk.

Otherwise, I really like the area that has Park Lane, Paradise Park, Amazon Residence, The Orient Spa and Resort, Angkhet Condominium as it's like a self-sustainable village with a fruit market (I love fruits), a few eateries and multiple 7-Es and Family Marts.

It's also close to a water treatment facility, so I don't know it might smell. That area is close to a health center, which is a Government clinic, I believe.

And within the area is a library (has a VCD/DVD collection, for some reason) and a youth facility which is a field for them to play sports.

In any case, this area needs exploring and despite my knees, I think I can make it there and explore the place, taking a walk to Jomtien Beach Road and see how hard that is. 

I am also interested to look at Lumpini further down Jomtien, and see how difficult it is to use the baht buses from over there. Maybe even have a look at Espana and VT 8.

As for pools, well Laguna Beach resort 3 - Maldives has stunning pools... on AirBnB. I plan to go there and see it for myself, as well as how tacky/fun the ships are at Atlantis Condo resort, Seven Seas, Grande Caribbean. 

As always, one man's meat...

Truth be told, I really like Pratumnak, but since I won't ever own a vehicle, I have to stay on the baht bus route, for when all the e-hailing services fails us. For next year, I am also considering some of the older more inland condos in Central Pattaya such as Nirun, or even some hidden ones in certain Pattaya Beach Road Sois with their own pools, etc.

This trip, I will also visit City Center Residence and see how far of a walk it is to Buakhao, because I keep seeing many units from there on AirBnB, but have no sense of where it is.

In any case, I plan to stay around six months in Pattaya next year as well (but less than 180 days), so I will be looking out for 3-6 month deals. FB Marketplace is much friendlier if you're looking for 3-6 months and not just one month.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Condos that were mentioned in this thread, which ones got thicker  walls so you can't hear the next doors easily? I hate to hear the next rooms easily and when they walls are so thin, I mean a little noise is fine but I hate when you can hear eerything in next rooms and even hallway when they roll the cart or walking by.

On 13/07/2022 at 16:51, Mockingbird said:

Yes, but what can you do? Sometimes it rains. I usually would take a Bolt back, or I'd stay at a shop until the rain slows to a drizzle. 

I would strongly advise you get a condo on the baht bus route. Even if it rains i can jump out of the bus and be in my condo in 10 seconds.  The girls won't be happy walking in the rain, or on the back of a bike.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 06/09/2022 at 11:50, THguypattaya said:

Condos that were mentioned in this thread, which ones got thicker  walls so you can't hear the next doors easily? I hate to hear the next rooms easily and when they walls are so thin, I mean a little noise is fine but I hate when you can hear eerything in next rooms and even hallway when they roll the cart or walking by.

Poor Wall Quality in mostly Condos in Thailand. I hear older ones have thicker walls. But you should read the Reviews on Google Maps and Airbnb then you can know

• Like 1