IGNORED

Looking for a Condo in Jomtien

Mockingbird

Hello, so I'm going to Pattaya in Sept and October this year. Two months.

So I'm looking at renting a condo in the Jomtien Beach Area.

I am open to any condos from Jomtien Condotel area all the way to the Riviera.

I am looking seriously at Park Lane, Atlantis Condo Resort, Paradise Park, Jomtien Beach Condo, VT7, VT5 and even the three Laguna Beach resorts.

Stayed previously at VT7 and VT5C but I couldn't find any on AirBnB at my budget.

My budget: Up to THB10K per month. Utilities paid separately.

Requirements:

- Must have pool.

- Must have strong and reliable Internet. 

- Must be on baht bus route. I don't mind walking around 500m to it if the condo is great.

- Must have shops nearby. Points if close to place where I can buy fruits every day.

- Must be 35sqm or bigger. 

I am also going to be spending 6 months in Pattaya next year.

I have been looking at AirBnB and Facebook Marketplace and Baht and Sold almost every day for the past few months. There are great deals for long term contracts (min 1 year) but the deals for short-term and even 6 months are a bit unclear - FB should really have a filter for short term rental availability. AirBnB can be more expensive.

Please feel free to jump in with any feedback, leads, offer or what have you.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

Start asking the ones with longer contracts if they can do 6 months to a good price.

8 hours ago, ElSueco said:

Start asking the ones with longer contracts if they can do 6 months to a good price.

Thanks. I'll do that for the 6 months thing next year.

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

This facebook group deals only with short term rentals in Pattaya:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/421587791811427/

Thanks. I applied. Will wait till they respond.

Please subscribe to my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@sixmonthnomad1815?sub_confirmation=1

I do videos about being a digital nomad, switching every six months between Malaysia and Pattaya, Thailand or other parts of South East Asia.

I would book a few days first and have a look around in person. I think 10,000 a month with those requirements will be hard, even VT2 might be higher in price for 2 months. Good Luck

• Thanks 1

Wow, man. I posted in the FB group that 

12 hours ago, CampariO said:

This facebook group deals only with short term rentals in Pattaya:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/421587791811427/

Wow dude. I posted in that group and got some very weird options I'd never have thought existed since I only looked at AirBnB and FB Marketplace.

First up was a legit lead on View Talay Villas which also has 38SQM studios, apparently. The facilities are basic and I am still unsure about their Internet strength (even though one of the people vouched for it) but the location is almost unbeatable! At THB8K/month, it is worth considering seriously.

Then, one guy came up and suggested me a beachfront condo with a pool and a private router. I msged him and couldn't locate the place on Google Maps after he gave me the name.

After some confusion later, I found it - Casa Jomtien Condominiums, which exist in Thaiprop, Fawwaz and other sites but not really on Google Maps which only shows Casa Jomtien Village.

The location is beautiful and it is beachfront, but the facilities and the room look quite tired. The pool is somewhere at the back. The front has some massage parlours and to the side is a building under construction I am told is completed or almost completed. I would consider it, but would have to view it myself before deciding to stay or not.

Also, THB8K/month.

I have been looking at THB8K-10K options on AirBnB and FB marketplace and none of them screamed great deal so far. All are good deal or possibilities, but I think maybe I have to talk to the owners/agents first before I can truly know.

I'll keep a shortlist of top 20 properties and might stay at 2 of them, since I'm staying for two months.

42 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

After some confusion later, I found it - Casa Jomtien Condominiums, which exist in Thaiprop, Fawwaz and other sites but not really on Google Maps which only shows Casa Jomtien Village.

The location is beautiful and it is beachfront, but the facilities and the room look quite tired. The pool is somewhere at the back. The front has some massage parlours and to the side is a building under construction I am told is completed or almost completed. I would consider it, but would have to view it myself before deciding to stay or not.

If Casa Jomtien Condos is between Soi 8 and 9, then the building under construction next to it is far from finished. Maybe they were talking about the Copacabana 200 meter south,  which is near completion. Though directtly next to the Casa is another condo under construction. Actually is has just started recently.  They are building there the Arom Jomtien with 45 stories.

If I am correct, the building to the left is the Casa, the building to the right with 1 or 2 floors being constructed belonging to the Arom and the Copacobana is the high rise in the background.

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.b4992ac256e7cff57a4e3d1cfec281db.jpg

6 hours ago, CampariO said:

If Casa Jomtien Condos is between Soi 8 and 9, then the building under construction next to it is far from finished. Maybe they were talking about the Copacabana 200 meter south,  which is near completion. Though directtly next to the Casa is another condo under construction. Actually is has just started recently.  They are building there the Arom Jomtien with 45 stories.

If I am correct, the building to the left is the Casa, the building to the right with 1 or 2 floors being constructed belonging to the Arom and the Copacobana is the high rise in the background.

Unbenannt.thumb.jpg.b4992ac256e7cff57a4e3d1cfec281db.jpg

Yeah, that's the building. That's casa Jomtien. Thanks for the heads up! These things, I have to see it for myself before committing to anything. 

Which is why I'm thinking of booking a month first and spending some time looking for the next month's condo while I'm there. 

So here's what I've learned so far with regards to my search for my specific needs:

1. I like the properties around this area - Soi Bun Kanchana (up to Tevan Jomtien Pattaya).  There are many fruit stands (a fruit market or something), convenience stores, small Thai restaurants, a few decent cafes.2039888822_soibunkanchana.thumb.JPG.bd297798ab6e8ea7d41e2a17905d18e9.JPG

The properties include: Park Lane, Paradise Park, The Orient resort & Spa, The Majestic Jomtien, Angket Condominium, Amazon Residence and outside at the main road, at an arguably better location, is Atlantis Condo resort.

All priced on AirBnB at THB8k-10k/month. On FB Marketplace, long term contracts for any or most of the units here range from THB4K-8k per month for a studio up to 1Bd1Bt unit.

I think the pricing on AirBnB for short term rental is fair.

So what I've been trying to determine are the variables from each unit or complex. A glance at the furniture and what they have is sometimes enough to rule out some units or get them into shorter shortlists.

Of concern is each unit's internet setup - do they use building wifi only and what is the strength?   

Actually, if all else is equal, should any of them say they have home fibre or something like that, I'd probably put that unit on top of the list.

The only reason I have not is because I am also considering these other clusters:

2. Top of Jomtien

Now, I am interested in these two properties here: 1264447745_topofjomtien.thumb.JPG.4961cb51daa40b3ec8322d1cb8acfb24.JPG

View Talay Villas and Laguna Beach Resort.

View Talay Villas is right next to Kiss Food and Drink as well as Rompho market. There are 38sqm units there for THB8K/month. The rooms are basic, but if it's clean and functional and the Internet is strong, I don't see any problems.

Laguna Beach Resort 1 meanwhile, makes the most sense out of all the Laguna Beach Resorts. It is 350m to the main road and from there, also close to the Jomtien Night Market.

LBR1 is also the property with the most listings on AirBnB, with rent ranging from THB8K-10K.

So I am leaning heavily to LBR1. I don't know about the Internet thing. Might just let it go for this two months vacation but make sure the place I'm renting next year for 6 months better have some sort of home fibre or whatever.

• Like 2

Don't forget to consider the distance to the Baht bus. When it is pissing down or hot, it is no fun to walk a lot.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CampariO said:

Don't forget to consider the distance to the Baht bus. When it is pissing down or hot, it is no fun to walk a lot.

Yes, but what can you do? Sometimes it rains. I usually would take a Bolt back, or I'd stay at a shop until the rain slows to a drizzle. 

I found some okay options on Theppraya road.

There's Grande Caribbean, Arcadia Beach Resort and Arcadia Beach Continental. Even Waterpark Condo seems good. Supalai Mare as well.

But I wanted to stay in Jomtien this trip because I found myself having lunch in Jomtien most of the time. And I wanted to check out the area further.

But since I am going for two months, I could do one month in Jomtien and one month in I dunno, one of the Theppraya Road condos. I'll book one in Jomtien first, end of this month, for September, and then let my heart and feet decide after I get there.

23 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

1. I like the properties around this area - Soi Bun Kanchana (up to Tevan Jomtien Pattaya).  There are many fruit stands (a fruit market or something), convenience stores, small Thai restaurants, a few decent cafes.

Realistically, you need your own transport or be happy to use mototaxis or Bolt frequently if you stay in this area.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

3 hours ago, davidge said:

Realistically, you need your own transport or be happy to use mototaxis or Bolt frequently if you stay in this area.

It's 600m to the main road, yes? Isn't that distance walkable? My current condo is 800m to the nearest food stall/convenience store. 

Edited by Mockingbird

1 hour ago, Mockingbird said:

It's 600m to the main road, yes? Isn't that distance walkable? My current condo is 800m to the nearest food stall/convenience store. 

Doing that several times a day is not what some people want to do .... including me :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, penboy said:

Doing that several times a day is not what some people want to do .... including me :)

Ah, yes, I can see how that could be a problem.

My activities are quite bland. During the day, I'd be happy having lunch around the area or going down to Jomtien beach. I might go to Pattaya a few nights a week, but not every night - and when I come back, I'll probably get a Bolt. 

I like the area around that place - has fruit stalls and small restaurants as well as 7-E and Family Mart just next door. 

2 hours ago, Mockingbird said:

You were talking about using baht buses which don’t run on Second Road but only beach road. Also, the further down the road you go the fewer buses there tend to be.

eg Park Lane condo is over a kilometre to Beach Road, other condos up there will be slightly further.

The other point to consider is that some of the Sois aren’t really very suitable for walking and often unlit so even more unsuitable at night. There are some Sois between Beach Rd and Second Road that aren’t very good, pretty much all the Sois inland from Second Road are pretty poor.

(I am aware I’m prepared to walk rather less than many in Pattaya so I may be overemphasising a little, but not by too much)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

You were talking about using baht buses which don’t run on Second Road but only beach road. Also, the further down the road you go the fewer buses there tend to be.

eg Park Lane condo is over a kilometre to Beach Road, other condos up there will be slightly further.

The other point to consider is that some of the Sois aren’t really very suitable for walking and often unlit so even more unsuitable at night. There are some Sois between Beach Rd and Second Road that aren’t very good, pretty much all the Sois inland from Second Road are pretty poor.

(I am aware I’m prepared to walk rather less than many in Pattaya so I may be overemphasising a little, but not by too much)

Ah. I thought they run on second road! Somehow, when I was there, I was under the impression that they did. Thank you, Davidge! My previous stays were at VT5 and VT7 so I didn't really know how the baht buses function further down and was meaning to find out.

Oh my, I have to rethink this whole thing then, and be open to staying on Theppraya Rd. However, Laguna Beach Resort 1 and View Talay Vilas are still in it.

Also, Beach 7 Condo, because it's on the Beach Road block. As well as Jomtien Beach Condo (depends on unit).

I can only assess how I feel about the walk from these condos to the baht bus after I have done it, when I'm there. For now, I guess I'll stick to something closer.

Anyway, I'm off to an island tonight. I'm looking at places to stay next year in my own country for the first 6 months. 

5 minutes ago, Mockingbird said:

As well as Jomtien Beach Condo (depends on unit).

Buildings S1 and S2 are the ones nearest Beach Road. Most are 32sqm studios though there are some where 2 have been made into one larger condo. How they’ve been renovated varies a lot but definitely should be within your budget. Decent location and plenty of restaurants, laundries etc on ground floor. Pool is ok too.

• Like 1

I'm staying grande carribean perfect for baht bus ,food mart ,and bus station 100 yards ,nice bar called frasers similar distance, 12,000 a month including water and electric but probably get one cheaper lots available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, davidge said:

Buildings S1 and S2 are the ones nearest Beach Road. Most are 32sqm studios though there are some where 2 have been made into one larger condo. How they’ve been renovated varies a lot but definitely should be within your budget. Decent location and plenty of restaurants, laundries etc on ground floor. Pool is ok too.

Yes, I definitely have to give the Jomtien Beach condos I saved on Airbnb a serious consideration. 

15 hours ago, septicusglutinus said:

I'm staying grande carribean perfect for baht bus ,food mart ,and bus station 100 yards ,nice bar called frasers similar distance, 12,000 a month including water and electric but probably get one cheaper lots available.

Funnily enough, a real estate agent offered me a Grande Caribbean Condo just two days ago. She said she will install some sort of Internet.

What's available over at Grande Caribbean? What Internet service is good for that condo complex? Or just a sim would do? 

The lady who owns the condo has wi fi I only use the phone and it works perfectly, the security here are very good too it's busy this weekend but everyone is checked coming in I like the place ,I walk anything under 15 minutes and any longer it's the baht bus

• Like 1

Another condo unit to consider, which is high on my list, is Aqua Condo a more modern style condo.

Prices range from around 6000b to around 12/13k depending on quality of furnishings and size on FB market.

Located on soi8 just next to Jomtien night market , which will be dead handy for food etc., and only about 150m to the beach and hence beach rd for the baht bus and located on a quiet road. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/112306758786227/search/?query=acqua

On 16/07/2022 at 20:38, septicusglutinus said:

The lady who owns the condo has wi fi I only use the phone and it works perfectly, the security here are very good too it's busy this weekend but everyone is checked coming in I like the place ,I walk anything under 15 minutes and any longer it's the baht bus

Thanks! I'll definitely consider Grande Caribbean for either both months or second month.

On 16/07/2022 at 22:52, mikey2410 said:

Another condo unit to consider, which is high on my list, is Aqua Condo a more modern style condo.

Prices range from around 6000b to around 12/13k depending on quality of furnishings and size on FB market.

Located on soi8 just next to Jomtien night market , which will be dead handy for food etc., and only about 150m to the beach and hence beach rd for the baht bus and located on a quiet road. 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/112306758786227/search/?query=acqua

Yes! Acqua was on my list but they are not on AirBnB a lot, and the ones that do are quite expensive. I might contact some of these agents/owners if I'm interested in any of their units. The location is very good, IMO.

Anyway, Here's where I was the past few days:

I plan to stay here for 6 months and then Pattaya for 6 months.  

After the massive feedback from Davidge, I had to rethink my entire approach to this trip. 

I am now prioritising accessibility to Baht Bus route and Internet for the first month as I will go and explore the areas and properties I have seen online for my decision on the second month rental.

So I have been looking at properties here on AirBnB:

Grande Caribbean

Jomtien Beach Condo

Waterpark Condo

View Talay 2A/2B

Arcadia Beach Continental

Arcadia Beach Resort

TW Jomtien - I am worried about distance to walk is similar to Atlantis Condo Resort to Jomtien Beach Road, but good sized condos.

Beach 7 - maybe small pool?

And some of these properties on Facebook Marketplace:

View Talay 1 - somehow, no ads on AirBnB

View Talay Villas - there are studios for rent and they only advertise on FB

The Axis - trying to strike a deal for short term here, but so far, none. Axis on AirBnB is expensive

View Talay 5C - trying to strike a deal for a short term rental. Some ads for THB9K minimum for 6 months, so will see if they could do it for THB10K for 1 month. Long shot.

View Talay 6 - Some advertised at THB10K/month, which might be a scam, but I'll ask.

Acqua Condo - trying to strike a deal for short-term stay. So far nothing worth it.

I'll make my decision next week, after the doctor's appointment.

Edited by Mockingbird
added some info
  • Like 3