IGNORED

A House just completed in Barn Saray, South of Pattaya

AlantheBuilder

The only thing I don't like is the small windows...

Which are obviously so it doesn't get too hot..

RAZZ

nice looking house from the outside, really liked the ceiling details of the fan set within a slightly higher circle and corber spot lights. Don't like the dark doors to me they are overly dark and a little depressing. Overall very nice but wonders if the boundary wall on the bend in the road is an accident waiting to happen?

Fucking beautiful home! May look you up when it is time for me to build.

May for the wedding and 9 months later the baby comes... :GoldenSmile1: so you better get building!!

• 3 months later...

alan, you still standing there?

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful house but I see it's a bit secluded with a high wall, so make sure you get yourself a couple of mean motherfucker dogs, once the Thais see there's a farang living in the house you're gonna get knocked off one night while you're drinking up in Patts. Happens all the time, they know farang have dosh and valuables in the house. Best of luck.

when you said 4-7 million, where you talking baht, dollars or pounds..?????

when you said 4-7 million, where you talking baht, dollars or pounds..?????

He is talking Bahts

Guys,

reading those posts it would appear that some are not aware of the 3 options when it come to "owning" a house here,

1) Put it in your wifes name and suffer the consequences that can go with it.

2) Put in a company and pay the taxes that go with it, and remember you still don't own it, 49% is not really owning anything.

3) Put it in the Wifes name and put a mortgage in place, that technically never gets paid off, that way, should you bust up or worse she dies and the rellies show up to kick you out and take possession, they can't, without paying out the mortgage, and we all know that more often than not, they won't have the dosh to do that.

:DeadHorse2:

Bam Bam

PS: that was given to me by a solicitor when I was contemplating building a house a while back.

PSS: nice house, built a 300sq metre, Colonial Homestead style house in OZ just before I moved over here.

That which doesn't kill me only makes me stronger