IGNORED

NANA Hotel Bangkok a stone throw to NEP @ Soi 4

tonyacat

8 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

All valid points, but none a stones throw away.

Cut through what used to be still boarded off ( I still miss Annie's )

Marriott pretty close as well but walking particular when it rains is likely to get one wet at least with Nana,Dynasty quick dash and you in under cover :D

Cut through?  I am wondering if you mean Rajah Alley between Soi 4 and Soi 2.  I just booked a place on Soi 2.  I did so due to the ease of getting to Nana via the alley that runs by Rajah hotel and that Mexican place.   Hope it is not closed to pedestrian traffic.  

• Thanks 1

"If I ever acquire wisdom I suppose I shall be wise enough to know what to do with it."

1 minute ago, Ackruu123 said:

Cut through?  I am wondering if you mean Rajah Alley between Soi 4 and Soi 2.  I just booked a place on Soi 2.  I did so due to the ease of getting to Nana via the alley that runs by Rajah hotel and that Mexican place.   Hope it is not closed to pedestrian traffic.  

Seemed to be with big metal sheets up

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Seemed to be with big metal sheets up

Fuck!

"If I ever acquire wisdom I suppose I shall be wise enough to know what to do with it."

I've stayed at Nana quite a few times - glad they finally started upgrading the rooms. Much better now.

For some reason I actually like that crappy breakfast - the pool is great and yeah, pulling those lower end freelancers (maybe even a couple in a night) from right down by the sign is a nice advantage.

I never thought about the Rummchat, Larry - great access to Thermae - I need to try that! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I exiled myself from Nana hotel about six years ago but the old place called me back and i stayed there again a month ago

and next week i will stay there again. i understand there are a lot of newer better hotels but the Nana has a certain old

fashioned charm and character. maybe similar to old parts of Bangkok.

13 hours ago, Chuck in Bangkok said:

I never thought about the Rummchat, Larry - great access to Thermae - I need to try that! 

Not to TF but as much as I liked Ruamchitt, the rooms didn't have room safes, a deal breaker for me.  

11 hours ago, james persil said:

I exiled myself from Nana hotel about six years ago but the old place called me back and i stayed there again a month ago

and next week i will stay there again. i understand there are a lot of newer better hotels but the Nana has a certain old

fashioned charm and character. maybe similar to old parts of Bangkok.

I think it's funny how I can let the girl lead ME through the hotel and where to go!

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BuckDefiant said:

Not to TF but as much as I liked Ruamchitt, the rooms didn't have room safes, a deal breaker for me.  

The room I'm in has one and it's large enough for my laptop 2707

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On 21/05/2022 at 20:26, Laid Back Larry said:

I have stayed in Landmark a number of times,  one reason has been the Huntsman Pub. It has bee reported it is permanently closed - did you have a look?

Had a stroll down there just now. Closed and looks permanent. Maybe waiting for someone to come and take over the lease 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Had a stroll down there just now. Closed and looks permanent. Maybe waiting for someone to come and take over the lease 

Sad - it was a favourite place of mine up until 22.00, Great food, a terrific Phillipino House band and occasionally some interesting people at the bar for enjoyable conversations

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

Sad - it was a favourite place of mine up until 22.00, Great food, a terrific Phillipino House band and occasionally some interesting people at the bar for enjoyable conversations

Yeah good bar, but I could never work it out. Some nights you would wander in an 20:00 and it would be CRAWLING with girls, literally over a hundred of them, sat and stood everywhere.

2 nights later and it’s 2 blokes sat at the bar and not a single girl in there. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Yeah good bar, but I could never work it out. Some nights you would wander in an 20:00 and it would be CRAWLING with girls, literally over a hundred of them, sat and stood everywhere.

2 nights later and it’s 2 blokes sat at the bar and not a single girl in there. 

I never experienced girls in the douzens or hundreds but tw oor three FLs at the bar striking up a  conversation. Mostly I met business people or Farrang/Thai families or couples staying in the hotel. As I said the Philipino House band used to be great and was a main reason for going there for a meal before browsing the bars in Soi 4

6 hours ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I never experienced girls in the douzens or hundreds but tw oor three FLs at the bar striking up a  conversation. Mostly I met business people or Farrang/Thai families or couples staying in the hotel. As I said the Philipino House band used to be great and was a main reason for going there for a meal before browsing the bars in Soi 4

84F14D25-0DE2-4666-9713-F3382788B4AE.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

• 2 months later...

I had 3 days at the Landmark in 2019 and again in February 2020. Both visits the pub was dead and I was pretty much the only guest at the bar. In 2017 the place was jumping.