IGNORED

NANA Hotel Bangkok a stone throw to NEP @ Soi 4

tonyacat

Has anyone stayed in the Nana hotel, Soi 4. Has the hotel been renovated recent year or it's interior decoration is too old?

Very cheap, large swimming pool, standard room about 1k baht, breakfast included  

• Thanks 1

I have stayed Nana hotel many times . I would recommend on check in that you ask for a high floor and a quiet room with a view . otherwise they might give you a room facing a wall which makes the room look gloomy. the swimming pool area is

lovely and also its nice to relax in the lobby but the main reason to stay is obviously its a few meters away from Nana Plaza.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tonyacat said:

Has anyone stayed in the Nana hotel, Soi 4. Has the hotel been renovated recent year or it's interior decoration is too old?

Very cheap, large swimming pool, standard room about 1k baht, breakfast included  

Yes was in it last weekend for 4 Nights before moving to Landmark.

My room was all redecorated and few staff still here after 30 yrs 5555

Reason I stay few nights is I just feel more comfortable taking the odd Deaf Mute FL or lower end Girl their than Landmark hotel.

Got and never had any complaints about Nana hotel it is what it is and Location wise hard to beat

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I personally think this fascination with the Nana hotel is foolish. People are always recommending it, saying you have to stay there at least once even though it's old and rundown. Why? There's plenty of much nicer hotels at different price points in the same area.

11 minutes ago, briguy said:

I personally think this fascination with the Nana hotel is foolish. People are always recommending it, saying you have to stay there at least once even though it's old and rundown. Why? There's plenty of much nicer hotels at different price points in the same area.

Your sort of correct however nearly all rooms have been sorted and pass Muster,   Plenty Hot Water, Big Bed, onsite restaurant very Girl or LB friendly if that your thing. 

It has the Pool, plus various shops inside, and onsite Taxi service .

Location wise especially say for a Newbie it cant be beat only other hotel close is Dynasty currently closed.

For price one pays it cant be beat.

If you can point to a hotel as close with amenities it has I would love to know because I dont know of one

Thanks

FM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

If you can point to a hotel as close with amenities it has I would love to know because I don't know of one.

I've stayed twice at the hotel Icon, which is on Soi 2 a block away (you used to be able to cut through the Rajah hotel parking lot from Soi 4). Newer hotel, nice rooms, rooftop pool, restaurant in lobby. Similar is hotel Solo, also on Soi 2. There's also Citrus Suites on Soi 6 near Nana, which a friend quite liked.

The Doubletree By Hilton (formerly Majestic Grande) is down the block from the Icon on Soi 2 and is quite nice. JW Marriott at the corner of Soi 2 and Sukhumvit is even nicer as is the Landmark right around the corner on Sukhumvit. Both are 4-5 star hotels.

• Thanks 1

Haven’t stayed there for years, but if you are a shagger and want to booze it up and whore it around Soi 4 then it’s the best place to stay.

yes the rooms are old and the breakfast isn’t great, but if sticking your dick in Issan farm girls is what you want, who cares about that?

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, briguy said:

Mate, it’s a grubby little hotel to take whores back to fuck. Do you need a “nice” hotel to do that?

13 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Mate, it’s a grubby little hotel to take whores back to fuck. Do you need a “nice” hotel to do that?

5555 I'm quite Happy in a ST room however....I would not want sleep in one or spend my whole Holiday in it and enjoy at times some luxury.

Dependant upon what I plan doing and seeing different hotels work for me Dam I have even kept 2 hotels at times just because makes sense to me.

Not sure Whores would be a word I choose but we each I guess use different Grammar to describe things and people yes ?

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, briguy said:

I've stayed twice at the hotel Icon, which is on Soi 2 a block away (you used to be able to cut through the Rajah hotel parking lot from Soi 4). Newer hotel, nice rooms, rooftop pool, restaurant in lobby. Similar is hotel Solo, also on Soi 2. There's also Citrus Suites on Soi 6 near Nana, which a friend quite liked.

The Doubletree By Hilton (formerly Majestic Grande) is down the block from the Icon on Soi 2 and is quite nice. JW Marriott at the corner of Soi 2 and Sukhumvit is even nicer as is the Landmark right around the corner on Sukhumvit. Both are 4-5 star hotels.

All valid points, but none a stones throw away.

Cut through what used to be still boarded off ( I still miss Annie's )

Marriott pretty close as well but walking particular when it rains is likely to get one wet at least with Nana,Dynasty quick dash and you in under cover :D

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Haven’t stayed there for years, but if you are a shagger and want to booze it up and whore it around Soi 4 then it’s the best place to stay.

yes the rooms are old and the breakfast isn’t great, but if sticking your dick in Issan farm girls is what you want, who cares about that?

Known, accurately, IMHO as the "Mothership" by some. I've stayed there many a time, over more than a 40 year time span. Nana hotel pre dates Nana Plaza (as we now know it anyway) of course. There were freelancers in the Nana Coffee shop and over the road at the German Restaurant Hidelburg.

The Grace hotel Coffee Shop the other side of Sukumvit was popular also for FL's and there was also a German open air Beer Bar down that way. Patpong was the main area though.

I couldn't care less what others call Nana hotel, it has always 'done the job' for me, but I don't visit Bangkok much these days. Pattaya calls louder, but a visit to Bangkok would be great.

Before the rise of Thai 'tourism' Nana hotel was also a R&R hotel during the Vietnam era.

I wonder if the Lounge Lizards are still in residence there ? Some retired US folk actually lived at the hotel but they have probably passed.

Edited by Zeb

Life must be lived forward, but can only be understood backwards.

6 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Known, accurately, IMHO as the "Mothership" by some. I've stayed there many a time, over more than a 40 year time span. Nana hotel pre dates Nana Plaza (as we now know it anyway) of course. There were freelancers in the Nana Coffee shop and over the road at the German Restaurant Hidelburg.

The Grace hotel Coffee Shop the other side of Sukumvit was popular also for FL's and there was also a German open air Beer Bar down that way. Patpong was the main area though.

I couldn't care less what others call Nana hotel, it has always 'done the job' for me, but I don't visit Bangkok much these days. Pattaya calls louder, but a visit to Bangkok would be great.

Before the rise of Thai 'tourism' Nana hotel was also a R&R hotel during the Vietnam era.

I wonder if the Lounge Lizards are still in residence there ? Some retired US folk actually lived at the hotel but they have probably passed.

There was certainly a couple of guys living there before covid and we did speculate in the pub what happened to them when the hotel closed. Alas we never found out.

Unfortunately the glory days of the cocktail bar downstairs are long gone, even in the decade before covid it was deserted. That was a primo spot, and there was the Nana disco just there too.

I sometimes think about having a night there (I only live down the road) to experience it all again 

7 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I think Stickman mentioned that the guys that were living there had to move out when they shut the hotel during Covid. Not sure if they will have come back now. 

I stayed there the first two times I came to Thailand and it was a lot of fun. Rooms were basic back then but big. I stay further up the Soi at Petal Inn now as it's a bit quieter. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zeb said:

Think their is one possibly 2 still in residence. Staff pointed out one guy when I asked why you get everything for him at Breakfast, Home he was answer stay longggggg time

2 hours ago, tonyacat said:

I used to stay in the Nana all the time but for about half the price 700 B I get a much nicer room at the Rummchat which is conveniently located above the thermae and about halfway between Nana and cowboy directly on Sukhumvit.

They also have a pool but breakfast is not included. The last time I stayed at the Nana they did have remodeled rooms but they also offer the standard room which is the old rooms that if you have to be remodeled but I believe those are still at thirteen or fourteen hundred a night which I feel is overpriced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

6 hours ago, FROST MEDIC999 said:

Yes was in it last weekend for 4 Nights before moving to Landmark.

My room was all redecorated and few staff still here after 30 yrs 5555

Reason I stay few nights is I just feel more comfortable taking the odd Deaf Mute FL or lower end Girl their than Landmark hotel.

Got and never had any complaints about Nana hotel it is what it is and Location wise hard to beat

I have stayed in Landmark a number of times,  one reason has been the Huntsman Pub. It has bee reported it is permanently closed - did you have a look?

Well look where my wandering feet took me this evening.

Lots of memories here back in the day. Wonder if it will ever reopen like before?

77ADA1A3-E5DE-4440-B9E3-CFB62A5847BD.jpeg

19 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I have stayed in Landmark a number of times,  one reason has been the Huntsman Pub. It has bee reported it is permanently closed - did you have a look?

I didn't to be Honest went once but decided it wasnt for me so never went again I will ask about it n let you know

i Have stayed in Nana hotel 6 time so far, for 1 -2 nights at a time. It was the first hotel in Thailand i stayed in so maybe i have a soft spot for it. 

Yes the decor was fairly run down but everything functioned ok. The location is very convienient for obvious reasons but the carpark deserves a special mention of it's own for the decent amount of turnaround.

Alternatively you can stay 100m down the same soi at Dynasty Inn hotel. Last time i stayed half of it had been renovated out the back and if you wanted privacy you didn't need to go through the main hotel to your room complex, you can walk up the side alley. 

1 hour ago, Gonetothedogs said:

Well look where my wandering feet took me this evening.

Lots of memories here back in the day. Wonder if it will ever reopen like before?

77ADA1A3-E5DE-4440-B9E3-CFB62A5847BD.jpeg

I recall sitting down and having a free drink upon check-in in that area on numerous occasions.

*The Mothership* 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Zeb said:

I recall sitting down and having a free drink upon check-in in that area on numerous occasions.

*The Mothership* 😋

As you know, It used to be absolutely packed, as did the lobby bar. Always funny to see a girl come out of the elevator after finishing with a customer, and being picked up by a lurker before she even reached the front door. 

The zoo in the car park was quite the scrum, too.

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Gonetothedogs said:

As you know, It used to be absolutely packed, as did the lobby bar. Always funny to see a girl come out of the elevator after finishing with a customer, and being picked up by a lurker before she even reached the front door. 

I've seen them chased up the Soi......not by my good self you understand 😋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redr00ster said:

i Have stayed in Nana hotel 6 time so far, for 1 -2 nights at a time. It was the first hotel in Thailand i stayed in so maybe i have a soft spot for it. 

Yes the decor was fairly run down but everything functioned ok. The location is very convienient for obvious reasons but the carpark deserves a special mention of it's own for the decent amount of turnaround.

Alternatively you can stay 100m down the same soi at Dynasty Inn hotel. Last time i stayed half of it had been renovated out the back and if you wanted privacy you didn't need to go through the main hotel to your room complex, you can walk up the side alley. 

I have stayed there as well and recently heard/saw on the Net its closed down for good.

4 minutes ago, Laid Back Larry said:

I have stayed there as well and recently heard/saw on the Net its closed down for good.

It’s been closed for the last 2 years and I didn’t notice that it had opened again. 
Will check next time I’m passing 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gonetothedogs said:

It’s been closed for the last 2 years and I didn’t notice that it had opened again. 
Will check next time I’m passing 

Still closed off as is Dynasty Grande. I did speak with security other day and said open again soon but as I posted elsewhere what that means and when who knows

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1