Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Seeland Brewery - new Bavarian place on Thappraya. NOW THE BARREL HOUSE

Looks like Jordi, a well known chef around Pattaya for a number of years and once of Bruno’s, is involved in this place. No menus shown on the website though.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 01/10/2023 at 18:46, KingRatty said:

Hopefully i can try it soon and report back

Any place that adds ++ i presume for VAT and a complusory 10 % service charge is on an immediate black list from me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KingRatty said:

++  Just means no tip as the bill includes a service charge.

Precisely, most people would probably tip anyway.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

IMG_6211.jpeg

As with other businesses, I hope this one succeeds but the pricing does seem a little ‘optimistic’ for the location. 700 baht for chicken & potatoes with 2 small glasses of beer as a ‘Friday Special’ is the latest example.

Gonna have to drop by this in a couple of weeks when I'm back in town. Not that much of a walk from my condo

On 29/10/2023 at 10:08, KingRatty said:

599++ for a baby chicken and chips and 600ml of beer. That is expensive.

Yeah but i suppose its of those places you go to for a change of pace knowing beforehand it will be more expensive, i'd go but i imagine it wouldnt be a place i'd visit often.

• 2 weeks later...

@ChiFlyer said he was going there (this week I think) and would report back. His post disappeared when the forum went down yesterday.

I’m staying in Pratumnak next week but can’t promise to visit this place. I’m certain none of my friends would go and I’m not that keen tbh.

6 hours ago, davidge said:

@ChiFlyer said he was going there (this week I think) and would report back. His post disappeared when the forum went down yesterday.

I’m staying in Pratumnak next week but can’t promise to visit this place. I’m certain none of my friends would go and I’m not that keen tbh.

We dined there last night. My impressions were largely favorable.

• Nice mostly wood (I think) decor.
  • Large TV with an NFL Game replay (Dallas-PHL (good game))
  • House wine list is a little pricey. We had a Merlot at 1590, but it was decent.
  • Large diverse menu with some unusual items, such as Suckling Pig. Food prices will seem a bit high to some, but there are a number of items around 300. There was a "Bavarian" section in the menu.
  • Huge beer list, but I do not drink beer. There is a medical reason for that.
  • There is some parking behind the restaurant, but it seems to fill up.
  • Service times need a little work. This was not terrible.
  • They had a decent crowd on a rainy Wednesday Night.

I ordered the Chicken Schnitzel and it was very good. Plenty of food and as I recall it was 320.

BarrelHouse-B.thumb.jpg.58a5bdf8cbc4e3095f801be07624aff1.jpg

The Mrs ordered some kind of Thai Shrimp (Kung) dish and let's say she was less than thrilled with it.

BarrelHouse-A.thumb.jpg.a6de228d1e745601f4c9f8bc13092a82.jpg

Would I repeat? From my perspective yes, but it is a half hour drive for us and the Thai food would have to become better regarded by the Mrs.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, davidge said:

I’m staying in Pratumnak next week but can’t promise to visit this place.

Make sure to bring an umbrella. :)

Just now, ChiFlyer said:

Make sure to bring an umbrella. :)

No change there then. Been hammering down with rain constantly in Wales recently.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

No change there then. Been hammering down with rain constantly in Wales recently.

Make sure to pack some mosquito spray as well. They are doing very well with all the rain. :)

2 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Make sure to pack some mosquito spray as well. They are doing very well with all the rain. :)

Famous last words but they’ve never bothered me. I’ve often sat outside with friends getting bitten left right and centre and I’ve been fine. Guess I naturally repel them…

… same as I do most other people :)

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, davidge said:

Famous last words but they’ve never bothered me. I’ve often sat outside with friends getting bitten left right and centre and I’ve been fine. Guess I naturally repel them…

… same as I do most other people :)

Don't bet the ranch IMO. They are much worse this year IMO. Take care :) .

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

We dined there last night. My impressions were largely favorable.

• Nice mostly wood (I think) decor.
  • Large TV with an NFL Game replay (Dallas-PHL (good game))
  • House wine list is a little pricey. We had a Merlot at 1590, but it was decent.
  • Large diverse menu with some unusual items, such as Suckling Pig. Food prices will seem a bit high to some, but there are a number of items around 300. There was a "Bavarian" section in the menu.
  • Huge beer list, but I do not drink beer. There is a medical reason for that.
  • There is some parking behind the restaurant, but it seems to fill up.
  • Service times need a little work. This was not terrible.
  • They had a decent crowd on a rainy Wednesday Night.

I ordered the Chicken Schnitzel and it was very good. Plenty of food and as I recall it was 320.

BarrelHouse-B.thumb.jpg.58a5bdf8cbc4e3095f801be07624aff1.jpg

The Mrs ordered some kind of Thai Shrimp (Kung) dish and let's say she was less than thrilled with it.

BarrelHouse-A.thumb.jpg.a6de228d1e745601f4c9f8bc13092a82.jpg

Would I repeat? From my perspective yes, but it is a half hour drive for us and the Thai food would have to become better regarded by the Mrs.

Thanks for the review, will stop by next trip.

We ate there tonight (Sun night) and I agree with ChiFlyer. Good food, good atmosphere. Service was good for us. Yes, parking was not super easy.  Excellent truffles. Had a lounge singer guy doing some old timey songs which were a nice mellow way to wind down the weekend. 

not cheap, but recommended . 

Menu:

IMG_6356.jpeg

IMG_6357.jpeg

IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6359.jpeg

IMG_6360.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

IMG_6362.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

IMG_6364.jpeg

On 29/10/2023 at 17:08, KingRatty said:

599++ for a baby chicken and chips and 600ml of beer. That is expensive.

with the ++ it is almost 700B! 

I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that Jordi was involved in this place. He’s a well known, and undoubtedly talented, chef who’s been around Pattaya for a while. He was chef at Bruno’s before it closed and has had one or two places since.

This explains the higher prices here and the interesting menu he’s come up with. They are obviously depending on people being willing to pay a bit more for food that should be a step above the normal ‘pub grub’ on offer elsewhere.

7 hours ago, davidge said:

This explains the higher prices here and the interesting menu he’s come up with. They are obviously depending on people being willing to pay a bit more for food that should be a step above the normal ‘pub grub’ on offer elsewhere.

Pattaya:  Where people who are bidding up the price of everything else moan about people bidding up the price of pussy.  :wink:

• Haha 2

Working at getting laid in Pattaya is like working at drowning at the bottom of the ocean.  If you want to get the most out of Pattaya, take the chicks for granted, and enjoy life like you would on any other holiday.