IGNORED

60 Day Visa

Dave999

58 minutes ago, walshy said:

7 . Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.) 

8 . A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement 

9 . Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport 

10 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip. 

11 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. 

12 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport. 

And don't forget about all of these, surely it must be easier to just get another 30 days when your there.

No it's not. Unless you are willing to shell out 6 - 7k baht to the agent each time. All the wording of the requirements made them look official and such, but it is actually very simple, like #7 and #11, just a copy of your DL is sufficient. And #12, how hard it is for you to take a picture of yourself holding your passport with the info page opened ? It took me 20 minutes to complete all the 1st time, and the 2nd time, 5 minutes, because I already has most of these saved on my laptop. And I did all this at the convenience of my home, now you try to do it running around in Thailand, a foreign country. Which is easier ?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Evening all, 

Thought i would update this as I’ve just returned. 

I got my 30 day extension when i was on Samui, took around 2 hours of waiting and a cost of 1900Baht. 

Stayed for around 45days in total, great trip. 

Dave

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but the single entry 60 day tourist visa has a validity of 3 months. So does that mean as long as it has not expired, they will stamp you in for 60 days? Ie: I apply and receive visa in mid October and arrive in early December. 

2 minutes ago, Steve1981 said:

Forgive me if this sounds like a dumb question, but the single entry 60 day tourist visa has a validity of 3 months. So does that mean as long as it has not expired, they will stamp you in for 60 days? Ie: I apply and receive visa in mid October and arrive in early December. 

as long as you land before 90 days from issue then the visa gives you 59 nights/60 days