IGNORED

60 Day Visa

Dave999

Afternoon all, 

Its been a while since i last visited Thailand and wondered if anyone would be able to help? 

Im planning on staying for a total of 58Days (July and August). Whats my best approach to getting a 60day visa? 

Previously when i have been to Thailand (5 Years Ago), i just completed a form when i arrived at BKK Airport, can i do this again and then get an extension for the 60days when im in the country?

Any help would be great (UK Citizen)

You can still get 30 days as a Visa Exempt entry when you arrive then get a 30 day extension at immigration but it’s easier to get a Tourist Visa (TR) before going. It’s all online now. You apply here: https://thaievisa.go.th/ and you get an electronic visa. This gives you 60 days on entry (and you can extend by a further 30 if you want).

At the moment you also need a Thailand Pass and what it requires but it could change by July. This applies whichever way you choose to enter.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

16 minutes ago, davidge said:

This gives you 60 days on entry (and you can extend by a further 30 if you want).

So this means you can have 3 months total? I'd like to try this in the summer if things get more laxed up reg covid

16 minutes ago, Mishko said:

So this means you can have 3 months total? I'd like to try this in the summer if things get more laxed up reg covid

Probably 89 days in reality due to the way Thai immigration counts days! But, yes, you would be stamped for 60 days when you arrive then you can go to Immigration and pay 1900 baht for a further 30 days.

1 hour ago, davidge said:

You can still get 30 days as a Visa Exempt entry when you arrive then get a 30 day extension at immigration but it’s easier to get a Tourist Visa (TR) before going. It’s all online now. You apply here: https://thaievisa.go.th/ and you get an electronic visa. This gives you 60 days on entry (and you can extend by a further 30 if you want).

At the moment you also need a Thailand Pass and what it requires but it could change by July. This applies whichever way you choose to enter.

Going through that site for a 60 day visa do you have to upload bank account details as proof of funds ?

2 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

Going through that site for a 60 day visa do you have to upload bank account details as proof of funds ?

I've never been asked that for any kind of regular tourist visa. I think the Special Tourist Visa (STV) had that requirement though.

Edited by Ohyesuare

8 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

You never used to, though I think it might be theoretically a requirement. Now it’s online some things have been tightened up though RTE London are pretty good.

If it asks, you won’t need to show much.

8 minutes ago, mikey2410 said:

Yes, I just applied and received the 60 day tourist visa. You do need to submit your latest bank account statement as one of its many many requirements.

Thanks for the help, sounds like theres a few options on the table. Main one being just apply online for the 60Day one, or worst case scenario, just arrive in BKK. Get the usual 30 day Stamp and then get an extension when you are in the country?

Thanks all, 

Edited by Dave999

Here’s the latest requirements from RTE London. They are issuing Multiple Entry as well as Single.

Required Documents 

For tourism and leisure activities

For Single Entry (stay up to 60 days) 

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Printout of visa application form submitted online, with bar code
  • Travel booking confirmation
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

For Multiple Entries (stay up to 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months)

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months beyond the date of depature from Thailand and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Financial evidence e.g. original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print out with official stamp of the bank
  • A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)
            If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required.
  • Proof of accommodation in Thailand e.g. hotel booking, invitation letter from family or friend in Thailand
  • Confirmation of legal residence in the UK or Ireland (if applicants are not nationals of these countries) e.g. long stay visa, residence permit, BRP card

3 minutes ago, davidge said:

Here’s the latest requirements from RTE London. They are issuing Multiple Entry as well as Single.

Required Documents 

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Financial evidence e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings, sponsorship letter

For Multiple Entries (stay up to 60 days for each entry within the period of 6 months)

• A current passport with validity not less than 6 months beyond the date of depature from Thailand and at least 2 blank pages. Applicants must fill in online visa application with their given name(s) and surname as appear in their passports.
  • Financial evidence e.g. original bank statement of the applicant showing a balance of at least £5,000 (for 6 months) or a print out with official stamp of the bank
  • A letter from the applicant's employer (in the UK and addressed to the Royal Thai Embassy)
            If you are self-employed, you self-assessment and a company registration document are required.

Thanks for that, worst case scenario. If i land at BKK airport in July with no Visa. I will fill out the 30 day form in the airport and then extend for another 30days while I'm in Thailand? 

5 minutes ago, Dave999 said:

Thanks for the help, sounds like theres a few options on the table. Main one being just apply online for the 60Day one, or worst case scenario, just arrive in BKK. Get the usual 30 day Stamp and then get an extension when you are in the country?

Thanks all, 

I am in the same situation, but chose to apply for the 60 day tourist visa. And applying online is so easy to do :

1. Can do it at the convenience and leisure of your home.

2. Financially, it's cheaper compared to apply for extension in Thailand (and that is for you doing it yourself, and much more expensive if you hire an agent.)

3. And most important, get this out of the way so I can enjoy my time in Thailand without wasting my time running around trying to get the extension.

4 minutes ago, Dave999 said:

Thanks for that, worst case scenario. If i land at BKK airport in July with no Visa. I will fill out the 30 day form in the airport and then extend for another 30days while I'm in Thailand? 

Yes, though there’s no form just a stamp in your passport, but I agree with comment below

2 minutes ago, h.harris said:

I am in the same situation, but chose to apply for the 60 day tourist visa. And applying online is so easy to do :

1. Can do it at the convenience and leisure of your home.

2. Financially, it's cheaper compared to apply for extension in Thailand (and that is for you doing it yourself, and much more expensive if you hire an agent.)

3. And most important, get this out of the way so I can enjoy my time in Thailand without wasting my time running around trying to get the extension.

6 minutes ago, Dave999 said:

Also, as per my first comment, remember there is currently a requirement to get a Thailand Pass as well and that could still be in place, though likely with different requirements to now.

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

Also, as per my first comment, remember there is currently a requirement to get a Thailand Pass as well and that could still be in place, though likely with different requirements to now.

Yeah understood. I was just trying to get an understanding of what the options are. Hopefully by the time July comes around the Thailand Pass might be dead and buried! 

Edited by Dave999

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Required Documents 

I suspect that the proof of accommodation is for the full period of the visa but what if you want to be spontaneous and travel around? It would be helpful if you just had to prove that you had a reservation for the first week being as you already prove that you have the money for your trip.

3 hours ago, h.harris said:

Yes, I just applied and received the 60 day tourist visa. You do need to submit your latest bank account statement as one of its many many requirements.

I’m in the U.K. and applying for the 60 day visa, similar circumstances as you. 
The process requests I upload a file with details of a Thai person who has invited me to Thailand and provide their ID card details or passport no. As I’m going there on holiday, I obviously don’t have that info. Did you encounter this? 
I’ve sent an email to the U.K. Thai embassy, but thought you might know the answer. ?

2 hours ago, reckless said:

I suspect that the proof of accommodation is for the full period of the visa but what if you want to be spontaneous and travel around? It would be helpful if you just had to prove that you had a reservation for the first week being as you already prove that you have the money for your trip.

Proof of accommodation does not need to cover whole 60 days. I just uploaded the first 4 days booking and they accepted it.

44 minutes ago, David2268 said:

The process requests I upload a file with details of a Thai person who has invited me to Thailand and provide their ID card details or passport no. As I’m going there on holiday, I obviously don’t have that info. Did you encounter this? 
I’ve sent an email to the U.K. Thai embassy, but thought you might know the answer. ?

I just uploaded my passport page again here if I remember correctly, as I am tourist too and don't have any inviting Thai person either (unless they want to count those gogo girls who kept Lined me "when you come back ?") 🙂

Edited by h.harris

2 hours ago, reckless said:

No its not as stated many times already on here.

When I got my Tourist visa in Nov 2021, I gave details of only my 1st hotel for my 1st night only, & got my visa in 48hrs

1 hour ago, David2268 said:

Please read the original thread for applying for 60 day Tourists e-visa, details of answers for questions given & used by many people, including myself

3 hours ago, reckless said:

For hotel proof, I uploaded a copy of my ASQ hotel booking for 1 night, there was a question regarding further hotels but no section to upload anther booking. I didn't have a problem

1 hour ago, David2268 said:

I wrote a note " I am a tourist going on holiday" and attached a screenshot of the note.

21 hours ago, bangna said:

I wrote a note " I am a tourist going on holiday" and attached a screenshot of the note.

Ok thx. 

• 2 weeks later...

7 . Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa. (In case that you are not a national of the country in which you are applying for the visa.) 

8 . A confirmation letter from employer, School, Self-assessment, Pension statement 

9 . Identity of the person inviting you to stay e.g. Thai ID card, Passport 

10 . Applicant is required to upload his/her passport pages which contain all travel records for the past 12 months (1 year) since the last international trip. 

11 . Applicant must apply for e-Visa via specific Embassy/Consulate conforming with his/her consular jurisdiction and residency. Applicant is required to upload document that can verify his/her current residency. 

12 . Please upload your picture holding the photo and information page of the passport. 

And don't forget about all of these, surely it must be easier to just get another 30 days when your there.