Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Streaming Netlfix to your TV, can it be done

Cerberus

On 11/04/2022 at 00:53, WhiteThai said:

If it's not a smart tv, you need a android box or firestick, both available on Lazada.

You don't need a dedicated box if you have a laptop + HDMI cable + something to control it remotely.  I bring a compact wireless keyboard+mouse with me for remote work so it's a no brainer for me to just use that.

Edited by Kale

The HDMI cable from laptop to HDMI port

Use your remote and go to input. Find what port your PC is hooked into and designate that port

Get a wireless mouse and keyboard to use

Enjoy this website for free TV...https://ustvgo.tv/hbo/

53 minutes ago, Kale said:

You don't need a dedicated box if you have a laptop + HDMI cable + something to control it remotely.  I bring a compact wireless keyboard+mouse with me for remote work so it's a no brainer for me to just use that.

Everybody has their own preferences, I like having the box and the remote separate from the laptop. Then I can watch tv and surf the net at the same time.

I am not sure if it was Covid or Colombia that made tv more important in my planning.  It seemed like in Thailand there was better english tv channels available in even guest houses and/or I just spent less time in place.  However, in Colombia where you can spend a lot of time waiting in apartment or hotel for your company and/or last yr when you could not go out wherever/whenever you want TV became much more important.  In addition to this, the time zone in Colombia is much more conducive to watching the sports that I am interested in.  

For this I have 2 cracked firesticks(costs 20USD to crack) that are teamed with a medellin tv subscription - Cost $20usd/month.  There are issues with this(funny enough more this past yr than last yr) and you definitely need good internet, but I still would not be without it.  I can literally get any tv event(ppv)/movie/netflix/youtube in the world.  The youtube for music is very popular with Colombian girls.  I have heard of cheaper packages available, however, some of the ones I have seen seem to have little quirks/problems associated with them as well.  

As much as you can make this work via non-smart tvs with just usb port and a pc it still amazes me how many hotels do not have smart tvs and/or do not advertise which tv they have in a lot of booking sites.  

24 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

Everybody has their own preferences, I like having the box and the remote separate from the laptop. Then I can watch tv and surf the net at the same time.

You can do that with the laptop connected as well.  Up to you.  To me, it's two less things I need to bring with me.  In my case it's no compromise at all because it's the same thing I do at home. 

Edited by Kale