Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out at Khao Keow Country Club

Tuna Town

• 3 months later...

Played here in August Today actually a Tuesday

Green Fee 1150baht Caddy and Cart Included

Up early at 0600 today and arrive at the course and start at 0740. No issues with Google Maps and my repeat visits here are meaning I know where I was anyway 

Head out on the course my 4th ime playing here and was assigned the C and B loops again 3 from 4 for me on that front. Started on the C and finished on the B again. 

Tee off and I am around in 2 hours 30 mins today 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 so to shoot a 92 around here left me content though not ecstatic. I can't seem to score well around here anyway and after yesterday's triple figure score a step in the right direction.

It helped today I seemed to not really be in big trouble. Yeah I was wayward off the tee but I didn't compound things like I had been anywhere near as much. I did feel today I was losing the battle to make Par where as previously I felt I was losing the battle for making a bogey

As for my game today the putting was quite good. One three putt for the round but was really reading the greens well and had the distance down well. On another day could have dropped 7-8 putts but luck ain't with me on that front. 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver I didnt really hit well today again 4/10. Still going crazy right but did not get me into big trouble like yesterday 

Fairway Woods Ok at times

My Irons striking them much better but still not great 

My chipping is a struggle. Currently don't have the confidence in this part of the game. If I was chipping better my putting stats would come down as I ain't exactly getting up and down much let alone giving me good looks at the hole 

My Bunkers were not great today. Didn't really flush the ball well out of them at all 

My wedge play also dissappointing. I either get it pin high and well wide ie push or pull off target line bigly or I hot it down the right line and leave it 10 yards short or 10 yards long. It is not really good enough but a symptom of my chipping issues 

Highlights of the Round was the oar I got on the Par 3 8th island green hour on the B Loop. My previous efforts on it had seen balls in the drink and one decent effort where I think I made a par. I had in the past under clubbed or not detected the wind enough so this time I went the extra club and knocked it about 15 feet pin high. Rolled the birdie putt well and had it on the intended line and rolling well enough to reach the hole. I for all money was expecting it to drop only for it to veer suddenly left in the last foot or so and burn the edge of the hole. A modern day  tragedy has unfolded before my eyes. I did feel robbed 

Also I did par the 7th on C loop a Par 5 Good Tee shot. Well layed up second on pin high wedge if a bit wayward. Rolled the birdie putt up well but missed out and easy tap in from a foot for Par.

Pleasing that last time I fucked these two holes up and this time I played them well

Lowlight was the Play on the 5th and 6th Holes on the C Loop. After 4 straight bogeys the round threatened to implode when I got a double and a triple bogey on two par 4s. Identical issues. Wayward tee shots. Poor second shots . Poor 3rd shots.Poor chips. It just was brain fade after brain fade

Lost Ball tally was 0. Only got close to losing one on the 9th on C Loop. I had more of less gone to take a drop at point of entry of the water hazard right Only to find my ball in a fairway bunker 1 foot from the water. Was very fortunate 

Course is in good condition and I enjoy playing it even if I can't seem to score well at it as I seem to score 91-92 every time I play here. I would say though I think they could do with some cutting of the rough some more. There are a few areas of the course where the guys with the brush cutters need to tidy up. They are also in a few spots letting the Cow Grass in the rough get too high. It's a nightmare trying to find golf balls in there and it is down to the fact it should have been cut 4-5 days earlier 

About a 40 minute drive from Central Pattaya 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Some good memories there. Tks for the post and all the pics.

The island green and very tight last hole with water left can kill a good round.

1 hour ago, Dunghie said:

The island green and very tight last hole with water left can kill a good round.

Those two holes bring back memories for me.  And thanks Tuna Town for the report.  When it's in good condition KK is an excellent track.

OK memories.  First I am playing in a competition.  Two local golf groups in Pattaya playing a Ryder Cup style comp and this day I drew their best player who was off a 2-3 handicap.  I was getting one stroke against him that day.  We reach the #8 island green and he is one up on me and I HAVE to win the hole to keep a chance of a win alive.  We both hit the green.  I putt first missing birdie saving par.  Dayum.  He goes next and leaves his first putt short.  I almost gave him the next putt which was only about 3 feet but my partner saw I was gonna do that and stops me.  Yup.  He misses it.  First putt of any kind he missed all day.

We go to #9 (our 18 for the day) all square and my only stroke hole.  Our two team captains are sitting on the hill looking down on the green watching.  Long story short he is on in 2 and me in 3.  I am putting first for the win from about 12 feet to a back pin with about 3 feet of break.  In other words if I make it there is a large bit of luck.  I sink it and win the match.  More incredibly my partner who has also had a back and forth match off a much higher handicap and much worse putter sinks a 10 footer to close out his match. 

OK, I know I'm droning on.  Second memory is actually more incredible.  Just a normal individual competition and I reach that same final hole and I've played well so far.  Bad tee shot.  15 yards short second shot.  Then it gets interesting.  It begins to HAIL.  I mean so hard the caddy and I are hunkered down beneath the umbrella.  Only lasts 4-5 minutes.  But when it stops the ground and green are covered in hail.  I try to get up and down but I have no clue how to do that over hail.  Really an off event in Thailand.

7 hours ago, Dunghie said:

The last holes on the B and C loops are killers actually 

The island green one can also ruin your day 

5 hours ago, madmike said:

Those two holes bring back memories for me.  And thanks Tuna Town for the report.  When it's in good condition KK is an excellent track.

OK memories.  First I am playing in a competition.  Two local golf groups in Pattaya playing a Ryder Cup style comp and this day I drew their best player who was off a 2-3 handicap.  I was getting one stroke against him that day.  We reach the #8 island green and he is one up on me and I HAVE to win the hole to keep a chance of a win alive.  We both hit the green.  I putt first missing birdie saving par.  Dayum.  He goes next and leaves his first putt short.  I almost gave him the next putt which was only about 3 feet but my partner saw I was gonna do that and stops me.  Yup.  He misses it.  First putt of any kind he missed all day.

We go to #9 (our 18 for the day) all square and my only stroke hole.  Our two team captains are sitting on the hill looking down on the green watching.  Long story short he is on in 2 and me in 3.  I am putting first for the win from about 12 feet to a back pin with about 3 feet of break.  In other words if I make it there is a large bit of luck.  I sink it and win the match.  More incredibly my partner who has also had a back and forth match off a much higher handicap and much worse putter sinks a 10 footer to close out his match. 

OK, I know I'm droning on.  Second memory is actually more incredible.  Just a normal individual competition and I reach that same final hole and I've played well so far.  Bad tee shot.  15 yards short second shot.  Then it gets interesting.  It begins to HAIL.  I mean so hard the caddy and I are hunkered down beneath the umbrella.  Only lasts 4-5 minutes.  But when it stops the ground and green are covered in hail.  I try to get up and down but I have no clue how to do that over hail.  Really an off event in Thailand.

Thanks 

5 hours ago, Tuna Town said:

The last holes on the B and C loops are killers actually 

The island green one can also ruin your day 

Thats so true, I quite like KK when its in good condition, but never actually played any good rounds there. It was one of my first rounds there in Thailand some 12+ years ago, and i were fascinated by the chained elephant they had at one of the par 3 holes.

3 hours ago, Rui said:

Thats so true, I quite like KK when its in good condition, but never actually played any good rounds there. It was one of my first rounds there in Thailand some 12+ years ago, and i were fascinated by the chained elephant they had at one of the par 3 holes.

No sign of any chained elephants these days 555

33 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

No sign of any chained elephants these days 555

They probably had to get rid of it due to all the stray shots coming its way 555