Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

My Day Out at Khao Keow Country Club

Tuna Town

Played here in March.

Green Fee  1500 baht.

Caddy/Cart Included

Played the B loop and then the A loop as this place is a 27 hole course. I asked to get on the C loop on another date but this was gonna be closed for maintenance all of my trip so for another day 

Up early and drove the trusty Rattly Nissan up Sukhumvit Rd to Khao Keow Golf which was about 40 minutes trip 

Tee off early and around in about 3 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group. Was held up on the 10th by a four ball who let us through on the next hole and a 6 ball of Koreans when we got to the 14th

First time playing here so was walking in blind.

The practice putting green was missed which was a big mistake and something I didn't repeat all trip after this 

As for my golf game I play off 12 so to shoot 92 off the stick around here was slightly disappointing but to be fair I had a bad day on the putter which was unlike me as I really struggled with the pace of the greens which caused multiple 3 putts and very few putts were made that I would usually hope to make 

92 turned out to be my worst score for the trip so if I had of known this before I flew out I would have ripped your arm off to sign off on it 

My driving I was a little all over the show here early on as the radar was off about 30 metres to the right for some reason but was soon reigned in 

I started to hit some quality iron shots today particularly with the lofted clubs 

Highlights of the round was on my 2nd hole a long Par 5 with water down the left. I had stuffed a 2nd shot up out of the rough and then compounded things by putting the 3rd into a fairway bunker when the intent was for the 3rd shot not to get on but to be up in chipping range or short pitching range. Problem was the fairway bunker was 50metres away at the dreaded distance for bunker shots. Most of the time from this range I get it out but halfway to the green. Not this time . Knocked it on the green and to about 2 feet. My caddy was impressed and thought I could actually play. How little did she know 

Lowlight was the 6 in the 8th on the B loop. A picturesque Par 3 of about 100 metres to a green surrounded by water on all sides which had been the hole that had motivated me to come to Khao Keow in the first place 

I took the wedge and it was between clubs so hit it soft to a frontish pin . Unfortunately it landed over the water just but spun off the green and trickled into the hazard. So I reloaded from the tee and had another go. Then proceeded to 3 putt the green for a 6. Was rather disappointing heading to the next hole feeling like I had just shot my load on some girls thigh as I was too excited to wait until it was inside her snatch 

One thing I  will say was after about 8 holes I started calling to the caddy where the Out of Bounds was when we came to the tee block before she had a chance. She was surprised I was correctly predicting where the OB was everytime. Could have had something to do with every other hole having OB left. Worked out fine for me most of the time as I was fighting the going right all day 

Clubhouse is a bit older and more worn than others though no photos 

A great track and will look forward to visiting again in the future for another crack at that water hole as well as getting to play the C Loop

• Like 6

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

You may notice the scores on the Garmin Golf App and the Course Scorecard don't match 100% 

That be because the caddy was filling out the scorecard and not adding in penalties when incurred where as I was adding them into Garmin as I put one OB and a couple in the drink this day 

1649483270512.jpg

IMG20220316082957.jpg

IMG20220316082233.jpg

IMG20220316085515.jpg

IMG20220316090255.jpg

IMG20220316085807.jpg

IMG20220316090502.jpg

IMG20220316090626.jpg

IMG20220316090501.jpg

• Like 2

Great track, we`re spoiled by so many good courses within 30km from Pattaya

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky to have played this course a number of times. Great layout and excellent value.

Always one I enjoy.

Thanks for helping me remember it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I absolutely love this track…maybe not the poshest or best kept - but it’s a top experience.

Agree.

It is also a tough track with a few holes that are easy to bust up your score 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Does this course have a driving range to warm up before play? and if so, is it included with the green fee?

Thanks for a really good report.  KK is a great layout and when in good condition well worth a play.  And 39 putts.  OUCH.  LOL.

I'd love to play with you - an honest golfer and sounds like even in adversity still having fun.  That's what it's all about. 

I get spoiled living on a golf course where I am a member and playing 5 days a week.  But I really miss having a caddy when I'm home.  I know some guys complain about mandatory caddies and the cost and tip but for me they really make playing golf there a joy.

1 hour ago, VegasRob said:

Does this course have a driving range to warm up before play? and if so, is it included with the green fee?

Unsure 

I didn't even partake the practice green this day which was an issue 

1 hour ago, madmike said:

Thanks for a really good report.  KK is a great layout and when in good condition well worth a play.  And 39 putts.  OUCH.  LOL.

I'd love to play with you - an honest golfer and sounds like even in adversity still having fun.  That's what it's all about. 

I get spoiled living on a golf course where I am a member and playing 5 days a week.  But I really miss having a caddy when I'm home.  I know some guys complain about mandatory caddies and the cost and tip but for me they really make playing golf there a joy.

I be back in Pattaya in  2 weeks so if you are around........I will have a car and can drive to the course 

12 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

I be back in Pattaya in  2 weeks so if you are around........I will have a car and can drive to the course 

I wish.  Not sure if I will ever be back.  I was there Feb-Mar and the travel and boredom between golf really got to me.  Might have retired my Pattaya lifestyle for good.  Jeez, that depressed me to type that.  😐

But I've said it before and always seem to go back.  Like a magnet there or something. 

24 minutes ago, Tuna Town said:

Unsure 

I didn't even partake the practice green this day which was an issue 

Yes there is a grass driving range at KK 

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Durks said:

Yes there is a grass driving range at KK 

Thanks. When I read that some courses don't have driving ranges I was quite surprised. While I know a few people that will play without hitting the range, it's tough for me as I have some back issues and need to get warmed up before going out. could never go out cold as I wouldn't be warm until the back nine.

6 minutes ago, VegasRob said:

Thanks. When I read that some courses don't have driving ranges I was quite surprised. While I know a few people that will play without hitting the range, it's tough for me as I have some back issues and need to get warmed up before going out. could never go out cold as I wouldn't be warm until the back nine.

List of courses with ranges

kk

all the Siams have ranges

greenwood

Phoenix

Bang Pra

Emerald

Eastern star

Laem Chabang 

Burapha

The ones I know don’t 

Pattavia

Treasure hill

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Played here in June

Green Fee 950 baht.

Caddy/Cart Included

I had been planning on paying 1450 baht but got contacted by LINE by the course the arvo before wanting to confirm my booking for 8:06am. When I confirmed they asked if I wanted to tee off before 0800 as it would be 500 baht cheaper. Well why wouldn't I like to save cash for teeing off 8 minutes earlier 

Played the C loop and then the B loop as this place is a 27 hole course. I had played the A and B loops last trip so would now get to complete the 27 holes there 

Up early and drove the Honda up the Expressway to Khao Keow Golf which was about 40 minutes trip unfortunately Google Maps sent me on an excursion and detoured me off all over the countryside before I made it there 

Tee off early and around in about 2.5 hours as only myself and the caddy in our group.

As I hadn't used the practice putting green last time I figured fuck it why even bother this time as well

As for my golf game I play off 12 so to shoot 93 off the stick around here was slightly disappointing. My day can be described as either hit or miss and it stared off disastrously.

First hole a Par 5 on the C loop with water all the way the left saw a lost ball on my 3rd shot at the green when I just pulled the ball left of the target. Not really a bad shot as such just 3 yards left of the green and wet saw me dropping to play my 5th 60metres out and ended up with a 7 Followed this up on the 2nd by spraying the Tee Shot right and it was either OB or in the Jungle I was playing my 3rd on the tee block and finished with a 7 

What can I say but you can't start this way 5 over after 2 holes and expect a good result 

After this the game started to get a bit better but again on the 6th had a triple bogey when I sprayed my tee shot right and ended up in a fairway bunker on a different hole 

Ended up turning after 9 for 47 of the stick

Ended up pulling some good golf together on the B Loop. As I had played the course only 3 months ago I did feel at ease as I knew where I was going on the course to some extent 

Started knocking the pars in and was getting in a position where I could post a good score. Being I was 11 over after 9 to still only be 12 over standing on the 15th tee I felt I was really starting to resuscitate my round to a level of respectability 

Well the wheels sort of fell off on the 15th. A par 5 to a raised green seemed not so hard when I parred it last visit. Well the 10 that I got was a bit of a shock. 

I honestly can't recall the last time I got a double digit score on a hole. Been fucking years. 

Well it started by me spraying tee shot right into the trees. Not the worse as it ain't heavily tree lined course. You just got to pick your way back on course and negotiate the trees. Well they weren't really that much of a problem other than they were in the way limiting a full solid wack of the ball up the course.

So I decided my first shot I would go over trees with the 8 iron and try and avoid them that way. Well I did but I didn't hit the right line I wanted and went a bit right and ended up with a similar type of shot where I couldn't really get to the green this time going high or really low as there was a raised green with a bunker in front of it 

So decided to play the punch up to the green and try and go on the green where the fairway meets the green whilst avoiding the bunker. 

Well that was the idea and it wasn't a real wise one 

Caught the punch shot ok but hit it a little right of where I wanted to and put it in the bunker.

This is where it started. 

Now I have included a photo on this hole where if you zoom in you can spot my ball on the left side of the bunker.

As I approached the ball I was thinking this was gonna be a hard shot getting it up high enough to get it on the green. Now I ain't the best bunker player in the world but I ain't the worst either so I am expecting to get out in one shot 

Problem wax it took me four shots to get out. Issue wasn't so much my technical skills letting me down but due to the slope I was standing outside the bunker reaching down approx 40cm to 50cm lower than my feet to try and hit the ball. Took me 4 shots to move the fucking thing enough I could get my feet in the sand and swing properly at the ball

Not a great feeling playing your 5th from the bunker when I could have been chipping on for my 4th shot if I had of avoided it

Once I could hit the ball I got it on and missed the putt for a 9 so tapped in for 10

So there sort of went the respectable score down the train getting a 10 on a Par 5 with 5 shots in a bunker 

What can I say it was just one of those things. You don't usually see bunkers like this where you can't get in them to hit the ball 

Ohh well.

Followed it up with 2 Pars and got my Par on the picturesque 8th hole to the Island Green where I knocked it on and two putted it . Much better than the 6 I had last time 

Proceeded to head to the last 17 over and then had an 8 

Honestly this game is a cunt at times.

Tough hole where water left so I sprayed it right. Punched it out to the fairway. Then proceeded to knock the next one left and into the drink. Then chunked the chip short before chipping on and two putting for an 8 

What can I say about the back 9 I shot 46 of the stick which was +10 yet I had 6 pars

My golf today was really all over the place. 9 Pars and 5 fucking nightmare holes. If I cut them out I am posting a great score. 

As for my game today my putting was starting to come back and my chipping is starting to come good again. 

My driving was a big disappointment as I was spraying them Right. Not the worst course as it usually OB left on this track but right and getting me into some strife 

As for the course I like it and will be back in the future. My next trip I am trying to get through all the Pattaya courses so the missing courses are more on the agenda but we will see how we go with this one

IMG20220623095517.jpg

• 8 months later...

Played here in April. Today actually a Wednesday at Songkran time the big water fight day 

Green Fee 1150baht Caddy and Cart Included

Whilst driving near the course at an intersection a Thai guy pulled up on the inside and started dribbling at me in Thai. Didn't understand a word he was telling me but knew it was I had a flat tyre again

Arrived at the course a few mins later and all the caddies waiting pointed it out to me . 

Not a great start to the day

Head out on the course my 3rd time playing here and was assigned the C and B loops again 

Tee off and am around in 3 hours today 

As for my golf the handicap has slipped out to 14 so to shoot a 93 around here left me frustrated as I seem to be shooting similar scores here yet feel I can do much better

Started on the 2nd so avoided the 1st a long par 5 water hole down the left all the way.

Ended up getting off my streak of double bogey starts with a Par 4 on the hole where a good tee shot and approach shot around the green was chipped very tight for a tap in par4 

As for my game the wedges into the green I hit some jaffas in today. But kept missing the putts though 

As for the rest of the skills.

Driver I didnt really hot well today. Just didn't strike them out the middle much 

Fairway Woods Ok at times

My chipping was an improvement on recent days 

My Bunkers were good and although not getting in many it seems a strength of the game 

My putting was much better today. I ain't holding them but I was made to work hard today with a lot of long putting so to finish with much less than 41 was an improvement 

Highlights of the Round was Really little. I barely played a hole really well today hence why I had only 1 GIR. 3 Pars came from good chips from around the green 

Lowlight would be the 7 on the 8th on the B loop. Par 3 to an island green seen me waiting and I proceeded to chunk the ground the first time into the drink. Reload and into the rocks just short pinging off over the green into the drink. Take a drop chip and 2 putt for a 7 and any hope of breaking 90 is gone.

Add in the 8 on the 7th on the C Loop. A poor tee shot found a waste bunker near the tee. Dodged some bird trying to attack us. What they are called in my neck of the woods in a Plubba. Survived  Got out the bunker Then laid up and left the iron in short. Chipped on and then 3 putted. Real foot shooting stuff

Lost Ball tally was 3 which isn't a bad effort around here. Two on the 8th on B Loop and one on the 6th on the B loop when I tugged the tee shot left into the Jungle

Course is in good condition and I enjoy playing it even if I can't seem to score well at it 

About a 40 minute drive from Central Pattaya