IGNORED

Seeking Accommodation for July 2022 Trip

Barhop

21 hours ago, Barhop said:

Sorry, but in their confirmation email, quote "Payment by bank transfer is fine for us."

All our charges are in Thai Baht - THB.
We accept ONLY cash - we DON'T accept credit cards, bank checks, bank transfers, etc.
All our room rates have to be prepaid on a monthly basis.
We expect your first payment upon check-in, and then on a month by month basis and upon check-out (except when agreed differently).

For first time guests, we charge a 5'000 THB security deposit - which is refundable.

Hi Barhop

I cut and pasted this from the website under payments, that is where I got my information from.

Glad to hear that they will accept your transfer.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

29 minutes ago, rickyt said:

All our charges are in Thai Baht - THB.
We accept ONLY cash - we DON'T accept credit cards, bank checks, bank transfers, etc.
All our room rates have to be prepaid on a monthly basis.
We expect your first payment upon check-in, and then on a month by month basis and upon check-out (except when agreed differently).

For first time guests, we charge a 5'000 THB security deposit - which is refundable.

Hi Barhop

I cut and pasted this from the website under payments, that is where I got my information from.

Glad to hear that they will accept your transfer.

Yep, I had mentioned to them that I have a Thai bank account so it would be Thai bank to Thai bank.  Maybe that's why they said "Payment by bank transfer is fine for us."

Cheers.

On 24/03/2022 at 00:30, Barhop said:

Much appreciate the noise advice.  Have stayed in a Pothole balcony room many times and survived the parties almost every night :wink:

Am  looking seriously at Diana Oasis and noticed E-03 ground floor rooms (no balcony) are double glazed.  That is also the slightly cheaper room.  They say they're quiet.  Should help to keep the metered power down also...

Which room type did you usually stay in and what do you recommend for convenience, view, etc?

Hi Barhop

I had E-03 booked for all of May 2020 and was looking very much to staying there also had very large television with free Netflix, and a very large shower room but of course had to cancel because of Covid was most disappointing.             Have also stayed in the D and C rooms and in the Tower it's an excellent place to stay

7 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Hi Barhop

I had E-03 booked for all of May 2020 and was looking very much to staying there also had very large television with free Netflix, and a very large shower room but of course had to cancel because of Covid was most disappointing.             Have also stayed in the D and C rooms and in the Tower it's an excellent place to stay

Thanks for your comments.  Had my local TG masseuse over for the Sunday massage and I showed her pics and my costs.  She loved the idea of the complex rather than just a room in a building.  Excited myself as am due there in just over three months :Flying:

• 5 months later...
On 27/03/2022 at 05:47, Barhop said:

Thanks for your comments.  Had my local TG masseuse over for the Sunday massage and I showed her pics and my costs.  She loved the idea of the complex rather than just a room in a building.  Excited myself as am due there in just over three months :Flying:

Hi Barhop,

Did you stay at the Diana estate in the end? Am looking at possibly staying a month there and wondered what your opinion of it was?

11 hours ago, baggy67 said:

Hi Barhop,

Did you stay at the Diana estate in the end? Am looking at possibly staying a month there and wondered what your opinion of it was?

I stayed for two months with a gap in the middle.  My room was almost perfect for me.  Large enough, ground floor, microwave, coconut and banana trees outside my window for the view.  Pool, gym and restaurant metres away.  Expect to stay there again next year in my Adelaide winter.  Place is getting a bit dated perhaps, but that is of no concern to me.

I was advised that bookings from November(ish) were close to full already, when I left at the start of this month.

15 hours ago, Barhop said:

I stayed for two months with a gap in the middle.  My room was almost perfect for me.  Large enough, ground floor, microwave, coconut and banana trees outside my window for the view.  Pool, gym and restaurant metres away.  Expect to stay there again next year in my Adelaide winter.  Place is getting a bit dated perhaps, but that is of no concern to me.

I was advised that bookings from November(ish) were close to full already, when I left at the start of this month.

Sounds great, thanks for the booking info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2022 at 08:26, Barhop said:

Was noise from Tree Town, or elsewhere for that matter, an issue?

10 hours ago, SamSpudz said:

Was noise from Tree Town, or elsewhere for that matter, an issue?

In my room, zero outside noise.  The only place I have stayed in Pattaya that I can say this for.  After saying that, I was ground floor in a building perhaps in the middle of the complex.  I guess that higher up rooms in buildings facing Buakhao may have some noise, but only guessing...  Suggest you ask if/when you email them...

12 hours ago, Barhop said:

In my room, zero outside noise.  The only place I have stayed in Pattaya that I can say this for.  After saying that, I was ground floor in a building perhaps in the middle of the complex.  I guess that higher up rooms in buildings facing Buakhao may have some noise, but only guessing...  Suggest you ask if/when you email them...

That's good to know, thanks. I may give that place a go on my next trip, whenever that may be. Looking to spread my wings and stay somewhere other than View Talay 6 for a change.

On 24/03/2022 at 10:48, Barhop said:

Looked around for a youtube on Diana-Oasis and came up with this 2019 clip.  He goes to a 5th floor room and waffles on (when not clearing his lungs)...

TBH, had no idea how big this complex is and I have passed by the entrance countless times.

Anyway, youtube for info and/or amusement...

@Danolo have a look at this video & whole thread, plenty of small reviews on Diana estate.

• 1 month later...

Booked a room at the Diana Estate through Meow for 25 nights towards the end of Jan. The last one she has left. The location is spot on for me. Plus they have Netflix. I'm hoping that ploughing through box sets will cut down on my excessive lady drink buying resulting from drinking sprees where I end up in debt going home. Well, that's the plan. It won't happen.