IGNORED

Seeking Accommodation for July 2022 Trip

Barhop

Many of the old pre-covid accommodation youtubes are perhaps past their usefulness.  So much has changed.  Wondering if any BMs can suggest places that currently cater for most of my following preferences:

Location - Central / Balcony / Exercise Bike & Dumbells / Shower Screened / Bar&Cafe / Medium or Above Fridge / Microwave

My trips are 30 days so anticipate a monthly rate.

Cheers and thanks...

12 minutes ago, Barhop said:

Many of the old pre-covid accommodation youtubes are perhaps past their usefulness.  So much has changed.  Wondering if any BMs can suggest places that currently cater for most of my following preferences:

Location - Central / Balcony / Exercise Bike & Dumbells / Shower Screened / Bar&Cafe / Medium or Above Fridge / Microwave

My trips are 30 days so anticipate a monthly rate.

Cheers and thanks...

Budget

Pool ?

1 hour ago, Shamrocksam said:

Budget

Pool ?

Thanks for the reply.  Pool not required.

Have been looking at "Everything Pattaya" budget accommodation youtubes around Buakhao.  The Corner Lodge ticked all the boxes (even has pool and lift) but is much too far away for me.  He also showed Rcon Siam which has exercise bikes but I did not see dumbells.  One bedroom, has lift, bath/shower and a sink (no microwave but place for one).  So far this seems most likely so far and even has a crappy small pool.  No bar cafe though.  Price is B13K pm (I think).  It's also about the limit away from central that I would go (near new Witherspoons).  Budget allows for quite a bit more.

Edited by Barhop

I was going to suggest looking at his vids. 

I used to stay in Diana estate using Diana oasis , beside treetown.  I enjoyed my stays there but since treetown moved in a few years ago, it's getting pretty noisy at night.

I have stayed many times at Diana oasis it's a great place to stay even has 2 pools, all my trips are 28-30 days and i pay monthly. I was due to stay there in May 2020 but of course Covid put pay to that had to cancel and not been back since     Whether i stay there again i just don't know because as been said Treetown has certainly taken off big time and i was wondering about the noise myself.  

The KTK properties seem to fit what your looking for only thing I'm not sure about is the microwave. It's on Pattaya Klang a short walk away from Soi 6.

41 minutes ago, worldtraveler3 said:

The KTK properties seem to fit what your looking for only thing I'm not sure about is the microwave. It's on Pattaya Klang a short walk away from Soi 6.

Thanks but a bit far from central area.  KTK is close to Nova Gold where I have stayed some years ago.  Not really a 6 fan but that's just me...

I think sleep with me Pattaya covers all your bases, not sure about the gym and free weights, but there is one onsite. Large room has kitchen area including microwave and sink, big shower, good sized fridge, cafe and bar, contact them directly for a monthly rate there were several long term stayers there when I was staying in Jan/feb.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png                                                                                      

10 hours ago, Shamrocksam said:

I was going to suggest looking at his vids. 

I used to stay in Diana estate using Diana oasis , beside Treetown.  I enjoyed my stays there but since Treetown moved in a few years ago, it's getting pretty noisy at night.

Much appreciate the noise advice.  Have stayed in a Pothole balcony room many times and survived the parties almost every night :wink:

Am  looking seriously at Diana Oasis and noticed E-03 ground floor rooms (no balcony) are double glazed.  That is also the slightly cheaper room.  They say they're quiet.  Should help to keep the metered power down also...

Which room type did you usually stay in and what do you recommend for convenience, view, etc?

Edited by Barhop

I stayed around a dozen times in Diana oasis, so I have stayed in all blocks. I think D are the new units and stayed there a good few times.

The other blocks are OK. Good clean and tidy. 

Are you booking through oasis or the other onsite agent ( can't remembert the name)

The staff are brilliant and it has a nice restaurant . It also has two pools

A guy on airbnb also rents out a place there 

8 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

I have stayed many times at Diana oasis it's a great place to stay even has 2 pools, all my trips are 28-30 days and i pay monthly. I was due to stay there in May 2020 but of course Covid put pay to that had to cancel and not been back since     Whether i stay there again i just don't know because as been said Treetown has certainly taken off big time and i was wondering about the noise myself.  

It was my go to place since my first trip in 2013. It used to be nice and quiet at night (apart from the odd karaoke night nearby)

19 minutes ago, Shamrocksam said:

I stayed around a dozen times in Diana oasis, so I have stayed in all blocks. I think D are the new units and stayed there a good few times.

The other blocks are OK. Good clean and tidy. 

Are you booking through oasis or the other onsite agent ( can't remembert the name)

The staff are brilliant and it has a nice restaurant . It also has two pools

A guy on airbnb also rents out a place there 

http://www.diana-oasis.com/contact--bookings--location.html

This site looked very promising to me.  Seems I could do it all via gmail.  Thought I would just book for my 30 days over early July to early August with an explanation that I am assuming that the SHA+ first day requirement may be finished.  But if it is still in play, then I would simply arrive a day later.

Think I will go for the double glazed ground floor unit, for both the noise and power use reduction.

Transferred $A1000 today into my BKK Bank Account which will almost be enough for the 30 days.  There was no need to because there was already heaps in the account but the exchange rate was good.  Hoping they accept Thai bank to bank for payment.  Do you know if they do?  Thanks for your help and advice so far...

48 minutes ago, Barhop said:

This site looked very promising to me.  Seems I could do it all via gmail.  Thought I would just book for my 30 days over early July to early August with an explanation that I am assuming that the SHA+ first day requirement may be finished.  But if it is still in play, then I would simply arrive a day later.

Think I will go for the double glazed ground floor unit, for both the noise and power use reduction.

Transferred $A1000 today into my BKK Bank Account which will almost be enough for the 30 days.  There was no need to because there was already heaps in the account but the exchange rate was good.  Hoping they accept Thai bank to bank for payment.  Do you know if they do?  Thanks for your help and advice so far...

Sorry, couldn't wait and emailed an enquiry.  Couple of homebrews does that :Chokdee:

2 hours ago, Barhop said:

I just paid on arrival.  Never had an issue 

Looked around for a youtube on Diana-Oasis and came up with this 2019 clip.  He goes to a 5th floor room and waffles on (when not clearing his lungs)...

TBH, had no idea how big this complex is and I have passed by the entrance countless times.

Anyway, youtube for info and/or amusement...

5 hours ago, Barhop said:

No cash only.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

Centara Azure Soi 15

or Acqua hotel Pattaya

good value

good location

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

9 hours ago, rickyt said:

No cash only.

Meow has split from Oasis now, but still doing the private rentals.

No need to pay up front.

She only requires cash payment with in 48hrs of arrival if it is your first time there she may ask for a 5000bt deposit.

So plenty of time to make a withdrawal from your bank account.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/topic/165739-5-days-in-issarn-udon-thani-loei-chiang-khan-mekong-pictorial-report/

You can take the monger out of the bar but you can never take the bar out of the monger

12 hours ago, rickyt said:

No cash only.

Sorry, but in their confirmation email, quote "Payment by bank transfer is fine for us."

Have just booked 30 days from Early July 2022 with Diana-Oasis.  Hoping the ThaiPass (at least in its current form) and the SHA+ first day hotel/test requirements have died by then.  Happy with the studio accommodation with kitchen for 20,900B and took the breakfast option also at 2,000B (67B PD).  Elec and Water are metered extras.  Picked the double glazed option, should help with noise and cooling.  Ground floor and sad there's no balcony but am happy with the deal.

She has not asked for a deposit.

Thanks again to Shamrocksam and Rickyt for all the advice and others for their suggestions.

Thought I might add this pic for anyone who maybe interested in Diana-Oasis.  I'm in Block E ground floor.  Hanging out now for a few months to pass  and then:Party3:

map.thumb.jpg.3cb92be6c5026c92a4310243ba950bc5.jpg

Shoosh now,

we don' want too many to know about this.

I'll have trouble getting a decent room next trip 555

I am sure u will enjoy your time there. The little restaurant beside the small pool has some good tucker too.

I will be there on Sunday.

21 hours ago, fostraswift said:

Centara Azure Soi 15

or Acqua hotel Pattaya

good value

good location

Be aware Soi 15 is a mudbath at least until December

1 hour ago, rickyt said:

Shoosh now,

we don' want too many to know about this.

I'll have trouble getting a decent room next trip 555

I am sure u will enjoy your time there. The little restaurant beside the small pool has some good tucker too.

I will be there on Sunday.

Consider me shooshed :Oops3:

Enjoy your Sunday...

3 hours ago, Kandinski said:

Be aware Soi 15 is a mudbath at least until December

Not at that end.. still approaching  avenue currently.  

Still 100 meters from Azure.

Your right could be an issue in few months tho

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...