IGNORED

Flights

zodiak

Guys. Rightly or wrongly I’m looking at all of February in Thailand. Bkk-Patts-Bkk. My issue is flights from the UK. I have vouchers for B.A who fly direct but currently aren’t allowed to transit. I’ve booked and been cancelled at short notice 3 times by Eva. I have no faith in Thai. Which airlines have you guys been using and which could you recommend to me confidently. Ex: that if I book it they WILL actually fly!

cheers!

BA definitely not operating the route until at least mid-January and imho not looking likely to start again for a while. They codeshare with Qatar and you can book Qatar through the BA website. I don’t know if you could you your voucher?? Qatar have been flying consistently.

Other options are Singapore, Emirates & Etihad or possibly Finnair or KLM. All have been flying though KLM are cancelling some flights.

• Like 3

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

39 minutes ago, zodiak said:

Guys. Rightly or wrongly I’m looking at all of February in Thailand. Bkk-Patts-Bkk. My issue is flights from the UK. I have vouchers for B.A who fly direct but currently aren’t allowed to transit. I’ve booked and been cancelled at short notice 3 times by Eva. I have no faith in Thai. Which airlines have you guys been using and which could you recommend to me confidently. Ex: that if I book it they WILL actually fly!

cheers!

In the current climate I don't think anyone can say for certainty that any airline WILL fly, what I do know is I have used Qatar many times with no problems, due to cancellations I have been refunded at least 3 times with no problems, I am currently booked with them to fly in Jan and return March, I know they don't fly direct, the stopover in Doha is no problem if you choose the right flights, in fact its a welcome break to stretch your legs and get some fresh air....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zodiak said:

Which airlines have you guys been using and which could you recommend to me confidently.

I was booked on Singapore Airlines, but there is/was some issue that us stupid Yanks with no electronic form / no QR Code for vaccines couldn't even transit through Singapore. But that wouldn't apply to you. Then I booked on Japan Airlines because we can transit through Japan. Now they are saying Japans borders are closed...... not sure if transits are allowed at this point..... And I've always had good luck with Korean Air (prior to COVID). 

I'm booked to fly out with Thai next week but my usual choice has been Emirates.

I grabbed direct gatwick to suvarnabhumi for £256 return with scoot for 2 weeks time.

They werent doing flights for next year yet but have another look to see if they have added more.

Edited by phatpat

Email last week from Melbourne Airport. $A1 is about 24THB

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmktdplp102asda.az

Black Friday Sale

Scoot's 'Black Friday' sale is now on! Various destinations on sale including Berlin, London, Singapore, Phuket and more. Fares to Berlin starting from just $339* one way, economy class.

Sale ends 29 November 2021, but worth checking

Travel between 26 November 2021 - 29 October 2022.T&Cs apply.

Book now

The World Awaits Sale

Discover the world with Singapore Airlines, with great fares to London, Singapore, Seoul, New York, Phuket and more. Fares to Singapore from just $588* return, economy class.

*Sale ends 10 December 2021. Travel between 26 November 2021 - 01 November 2022. T&Cs apply.

Qatar has operated throughout the pandemic at some level. I don't think Doho has never stopped taking transit passengers. They are probably the best option. But, who knows what tomorrow brings.

As far as i know (and hope still are) Eitihad are consistently flying from Manchester at least. My flight in early January transits as usual in Abu Dhabi but the flys direct to Phuket, after a brief stop then goes onto Bangkok. Only one flight a day from Manchester though. 

Edited by Shaygate

On 01/12/2021 at 11:52, Ineverbb said:

I was booked on Singapore Airlines, but there is/was some issue that us stupid Yanks with no electronic form / no QR Code for vaccines couldn't even transit through Singapore. But that wouldn't apply to you. Then I booked on Japan Airlines because we can transit through Japan. Now they are saying Japans borders are closed...... not sure if transits are allowed at this point..... And I've always had good luck with Korean Air (prior to COVID). 

Transit is still allowed via Japan as long as no overnight or airport change.

source - https://jp.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

I’m heading out Jan 13th dfw-nrt-bkk with jal.

(I flew jal biz ord-nrt-bkk in October and back bkk-hnd-jfk in November and they were great).

Edited by javasumatra

On 01/12/2021 at 14:07, davidge said:

BA definitely not operating the route until at least mid-January and imho not looking likely to start again for a while. They codeshare with Qatar and you can book Qatar through the BA website. I don’t know if you could you your voucher?? Qatar have been flying consistently.

Other options are Singapore, Emirates & Etihad or possibly Finnair or KLM. All have been flying though KLM are cancelling some flights.

Thanks Davidge. That’s exactly what I did. Voucher accepted👍🏻

• Like 2

On 01/12/2021 at 05:45, zodiak said:

cheers!

There is a FB EVA sale post out there...  The EVA rep finally responded they don't believe TPE will open for transit till after Feb...  (Which sucks for me)...  Buyer beware...  If you buy anything which transits through Taipei before they open, the airline won't have any choice but to cancel/reschedule the flight down the road... and no guarantee it will fly even then... Good luck...

• 2 weeks later...

I suspect that a lot of airlines pulled their schedules last night...  to re-evaluate their flight schedules for the next few months...  a bunch of flights I was tracking for Feb disappeared...  Stay tuned...

If BA do pull it they always email me and reissue the voucher. Or if they don’t pull it I have the option of changing the dates. My one night SHA+ at the Landmark? I suspect that may be a different story🙄

I should try Qatar. They fly from LAX, and not much longer flight time. Fares are better than JAL (in Bus). Has anyone made a stopover in Doha? I would like to spend a day there. 

Mid November I flew JAL in Bus class, LAX-NRT-BKK. Sakura Lounge in LAX (Tom Bradley Intl Terminal, or TBIT) was closed, so they send you to the Star alliance Lounge, was able to take a shower, and have some decent breakfast.

On return trip in early December, had just enough time to use the lounge in Narita (only First Class lounge). Order sushi, or other Japanese food by QR code, then they bring to you within 3 minutes. 

I’ve already booked JAL again for mid January, and fortunately have received my QR code for Thailand entry.

TGOEA