IGNORED

Thailand’s Tourism Minister to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues in most “Blue” zones for incoming tourists traveling in November

The Pattaya News

The Tourism fella actually made a crafty move; he put them on the spot. Someone will have to reply as to why the entertainment areas cannot open in November when tourists are allowed back. Their goal was 70% jabbed; most areas where the bars are have reached that. His statement was fairly clear, "whats your excuse now?". :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Biennial said:

What are the blue zones?

Like you, I was caught napping by the blue zone idea.  I've been in orange zone, red zone, deep red zone.  And blue soon.   Life is colourful in Pattaya.

6 hours ago, Sloracer said:

In Australia the advice on AZ was changed to 1 month gap between shots, apparently there is only a 2 % difference in efficacy between 1 and 3 month gaps. 

I wasn't concerned on the shorter timeframe as it gave me a vaccination certificate and I plan to get a booster before travelling.

When I read about this  while ago, there was a much bigger efficacy gap than 2%.  And a difference in length of effectiveness.   Not sure however.

Maybe if covid is prevelant sensible to give 2nd jab quicker, rather than wait.

"Efficacy was found to be at 81% with the longer interval of 12 weeks between the first and second dose, compared with 55% efficacy up to the six-week gap, according to the Lancet study, which backs British and WHO recommendations for longer intervals. (bit.ly/3bmLX25)"

Edited by rog555

8 hours ago, Thomaz73 said:

Thanks Thomas. According to that article, you have to stay 7 nights in the first place you go. My trip will only be 9 nights, and I usually split it between BKK and Huahin. 

58 minutes ago, Biennial said:

Thanks Thomas. According to that article, you have to stay 7 nights in the first place you go. My trip will only be 9 nights, and I usually split it between BKK and Huahin. 

Ok, after November 1, that is not the way it works if you're jab'd. That article is only good for the list of blue zones :)

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 23/10/2021 at 19:31, striderman said:

i got AZ as an existing bkk pattaya hopital sukhumvit old customer from 2006 i regestered as soon as i could. jab 2 is not till 23 nov 86 days after stab 1. i have no idea where you are pulling those figures from. AZ  the split time is around 90 days so many and most will not be fully jabbed

Yes, But you can 1 az and 1 Pfizer from Central much earlier and efficacy is reported to be much better. I did it and registered on mor prom(sp) and have all the necessary info. on my phone. At Central you can leave a copy of your passport with telephhonr number in the morning and ask them to call you if any Pfizer is left over at !5:00. About 10 of my friend have done this. At 14:50 we showed up looking hopefully and got a Pfizer. Do not ask too many questions or talk too much. It confuses them.

Jack