IGNORED

Thailand’s Tourism Minister to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues in most “Blue” zones for incoming tourists traveling in November

The Pattaya News

The Pattaya News
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Bangkok – Thai Tourism and Sports Minister Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn is planning to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues, such as bars, nightclubs, karaoke lounges, etc. for foreign tourists in most areas in so-called “Blue Zones”(Business, Leisure, Ultimate Experience) destinations, except Bangkok, at the next CCSA (Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration) general meeting next week. […]

Thailand’s Tourism Minister to officially propose the reopening of entertainment venues in most “Blue” zones for incoming tourists traveling in November
-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-
The Pattaya News - Real. Unbiased. Impactful. In the moment.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Excluding Bangkok will lead to influx of Thais to Pattaya at the weekends. This could increase the spread of Covid.

17 hours ago, bangna said:

Excluding Bangkok will lead to influx

Agreed. Would be a bad idea. Still, though. I'd happily take any progress any progress at this point.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

And how will the entertainment venues distinguish between tourists (who will at least be vaccinated to get into Thailand), and the many thousands of farang who live here, and who may or not be vaccinated? (If the entertainment venues care)

Just now, kevin2013 said:

And how will the entertainment venues distinguish between tourists (who will at least be vaccinated to get into Thailand), and the many thousands of farang who live here, and who may or not be vaccinated? (If the entertainment venues care)

The expats here have the vaccination certificate and registered on the app. I’d say it’s a dead cert it will be a condition of opening that you show this to get entry to any bar. Whether the bars enforce it will be another matter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

3 minutes ago, whitespider said:

The expats here have the vaccination certificate and registered on the app. I’d say it’s a dead cert it will be a condition of opening that you show this to get entry to any bar. Whether the bars enforce it will be another matter.

I think that is the point. After 12 months with very little revenue, no entertainment venue is going to turn away a single paying customer.

And you only have to walk into any shopping centre to see how seriously they take temperature checks, phone numbers/signatures, etc ie NOT seriously at all.

I have no idea what % of farang living here are vaccinated - but I am sure it is nowhere close to 100%

I will be sticking to outdoor beer bars for a while

24 minutes ago, kevin2013 said:

I think that is the point. After 12 months with very little revenue, no entertainment venue is going to turn away a single paying customer.

And you only have to walk into any shopping centre to see how seriously they take temperature checks, phone numbers/signatures, etc ie NOT seriously at all.

I have no idea what % of farang living here are vaccinated - but I am sure it is nowhere close to 100%

I will be sticking to outdoor beer bars for a while

Yes I would agree but it’s all a bit convoluted really. Outdoor beer bars will also have to check you although I take the point that simply being “outdoors” they are likely safer.

Once the bars open you are going to see sandboxers arriving. Those will also add another factor to the rather heady mix.

Last official??? count on expats full vaccinated was around 70% but that was before the latest drive on the free Pfizer jabs I think so it should be higher although you are correct it won’t be close to 100%.

14 minutes ago, whitespider said:

Yes I would agree but it’s all a bit convoluted really. Outdoor beer bars will also have to check you although I take the point that simply being “outdoors” they are likely safer.

Once the bars open you are going to see sandboxers arriving. Those will also add another factor to the rather heady mix.

Last official??? count on expats full vaccinated was around 70% but that was before the latest drive on the free Pfizer jabs I think so it should be higher although you are correct it won’t be close to 100%.

i got AZ as an existing bkk pattaya hopital sukhumvit old customer from 2006 i regestered as soon as i could. jab 2 is not till 23 nov 86 days after stab 1. i have no idea where you are pulling those figures from. AZ  the split time is around 90 days so many and most will not be fully jabbed

2 minutes ago, striderman said:

i got AZ as an existing bkk pattaya hopital sukhumvit old customer from 2006 i regestered as soon as i could. jab 2 is not till 23 nov 86 days after stab 1. i have no idea where you are pulling those figures from. AZ  the split time is around 90 days so many and most will not be fully jabbed

You could well be correct bud, gawd knows what to believe these days. Pfizer had a 20 day gap between the two. 

19 hours ago, bangna said:

Excluding Bangkok will lead to influx of Thais to Pattaya at the weekends. This could increase the spread of Covid.

Also with may bring in an influx of BKK girls coming to work in the Pattaya bars.

I'm travelling 11th Dec. Scared the opening won't last long enough for me to enjoy it now.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, striderman said:

2 hours ago, whitespider said:

You could well be correct bud, gawd knows what to believe these days. Pfizer had a 20 day gap between the two. 

My first AZ jab was September 27.  Second AZ scheduled for December 20.  So yes, almost 3 months in between.

Well the CCSA decree on keeping all bars and entertainment venues closed will certainly entice visitors to Thailand from 40+ countries. Nothing says fun like strolling down deserted streets past closed shops with "For Rent/Sale" signs. Or a pleasant meal in a high end restaurant accompanied by a vintage bottle of Coke.

The grumpier I get the more assholes I meet.

9 hours ago, striderman said:

The half jabbers will be required to carry a bell to announce their presence.

• Haha 2

The grumpier I get the more assholes I meet.

29 minutes ago, birddogger said:

The half jabbers will be required to carry a bell to announce their presence.

Those who are not vaxxed at all will be followed by someone ringing a bell and chanting, "Shame.....Shame...."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, striderman said:

In Australia the advice on AZ was changed to 1 month gap between shots, apparently there is only a 2 % difference in efficacy between 1 and 3 month gaps. 

I wasn't concerned on the shorter timeframe as it gave me a vaccination certificate and I plan to get a booster before travelling.

11 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

CCSA decided bars/entertainment/karaoke etc.. will NOT be allowed to open anywhere in November.

That's sad. Not particularly surprising, though. Where did you see this? 

What are the blue zones?

I am hoping the first stage will be allowing alcohol in restaurants in blue zones possibly some time in November. That was how they played it in Phuket, and given they continually refer to that 'successful' model, it may be what is intended for other blue tourist areas (ex BKK?).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Freddy3 said:

I am hoping the first stage will be allowing alcohol in restaurants in blue zones possibly some time in November. That was how they played it in Phuket, and given they continually refer to that 'successful' model, it may be what is intended for other blue tourist areas (ex BKK?).

I hope (and, as mentioned above, expect) so. Yesterday, I was playing pool with the current milf in a resto, while having some mugs of "special coffee". Just something like that without worry, and a bit more open, would be massive. And then the bars to follow before NY. A lad can dream.