IGNORED

90 day holiday visa urgently required.

f308gt

What's the easiest quickest hasselfree 90 day holiday visa for a UK person, flying in 14 days. Thanks in advance 

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

A Tourist Visa gives you 60 days which you extend at immigration in Thailand for another 30 days. You will probably need a return flight in 60 days to get the visa but you can change the return once you are in Thailand- so book one with free changes.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Not to hijack your thread but I’m in a similar position as I’ve booked a flight from Uk for 89 days next month  ,was planning on getting a 60 day visa and renewing for 30 but does anyone know if this would this cause an issue at immigration ? thanks in advance 

3 minutes ago, goldy40 said:

Not to hijack your thread but I’m in a similar position as I’ve booked a flight from Uk for 89 days next month  ,was planning on getting a 60 day visa and renewing for 30 but does anyone know if this would this cause an issue at immigration ? thanks in advance 

The problem would be at the visa application stage or the Certificate of Entry (or the replacement Thailand Pass). The Embassy could well not approve the application if the return flight is outside the length of the visa.

IF you get through that stage then immigration in Thailand is highly unlikely to be a problem.

11 minutes ago, goldy40 said:

I have also booked an 89 day flight, flying December, I had identical plans to you in renewing the 60 day whilst there, didn't realise there could be a problem, as you are flying well before me I would be grateful if you could let me know how you get on....

12 hours ago, BigLicks said:

I have also booked an 89 day flight, flying December, I had identical plans to you in renewing the 60 day whilst there, didn't realise there could be a problem, as you are flying well before me I would be grateful if you could let me know how you get on....

You can try applying for the visa with those flights. If they say yes, great. If they decline the visa then you just have to change the flight and add that to the application. You won’t have to start all over again.
Remember, you’ll need Covid insurance for 90 days if your flight is 3 months away, but only 60 days otherwise.

i had no problems at all getting a TR visa with a return flight booked 88 days out. (last november)

but of course that's no guarantee that you won't run into an annoying embassy employee... just wanted to share my experience with samplesize of 1 :) 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

In 25+ trips I never had anyone check my return flight, except a China Southern employee when I was leaving China to go to Bangkok.

Even on my two recent COE they did not ask and it was not a requirement to complete the online application (for me anyway).

Edited by LASportsNut

RTE London have refused to give CoE to a number of people with a return flight longer than 30 days away with a Visa Exempt entry and more than 60 days away with a TR. Others with a TR have been successful.

Everything is online now so all documentation is checked. It was very different when you could get a visa from a Consulate with few checks. It does vary depending on Embassy, so just be aware.

On 15/10/2021 at 20:47, BigLicks said:

To save any hassle and worry..I have changed my plans to a 59 day trip from Jan 7th.... my 1st ever Xmas away has been put on hold until next year...

If worried, a throw away ticket to a close country will do the trick... you can usually get them for not a lot of money. Normally with a visa in your PP there are no questions asked. Far more likely to be asked by airline staff at HOME if you plan on entering on a visa exemption...

Never checked me either but it only takes once

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On 15/10/2021 at 19:29, davidge said:

A Tourist Visa gives you 60 days which you extend at immigration in Thailand for another 30 days. You will probably need a return flight in 60 days to get the visa but you can change the return once you are in Thailand- so book one with free changes.

Thanks,

Would you know how long before the 60 days is up can you apply for the 30day extension?

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

9 minutes ago, f308gt said:

Thanks,

Would you know how long before the 60 days is up can you apply for the 30day extension?

It can depend on the Immigration office. I think within 15 days of expiry should be ok? 

I think the Thai STV 90 day visa was extended for a year but I don't see any signs that they've updated the 14 day ASQ quarantine requirement. 

I came, I saw, I mongered!

2 hours ago, hoopbhoy said:

I think the Thai STV 90 day visa was extended for a year but I don't see any signs that they've updated the 14 day ASQ quarantine requirement. 

you mean ASQ for STV? quarantine time is independent of your visa type. it's currently 7 days for fully vaccinated arrivals. it will (most likely) be reduced to 0/1 day quarantine starting november 1st for a selected few countries including the UK. 

details aren't fully hammered out yet, but should hopefully be released in the next few days... 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

you can just ignore that or upload your own passport pic again

Hey, since this thread is up and going I have a few questions as well. I hope I can get the answers here so I don't have to start a new thread. Just for full disclosure I'm applying from the USA not UK, although I think it doesn't really matter. I'm a bit unsure about 2 of the questions.

Question #7 "Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa". I thought my passport picture would handle this. So I was gonna upload a picture of my drivers lincense for this one. And question

#9 applicant is required to upload document that can verify his current residency. Am I crazy or isn't this very similar to question 7 and can also be verified by looking at my passport picture which I already uploaded. I was gonna upload my passport picture again for this one. Is this the correct way to go about this? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

If i were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

Since the above question hasn't yet been answered I'll ask one more hopefully someone can answer all 3. For the financial documents that need to be uploaded. Can it just be a screenshot of my balance? Any advice?

If i were to pat you on the back, you would list it on your resume.

My first trip report

iBar/Insomnia Mini Guide

On 16/10/2021 at 11:50, LASportsNut said:

In 25+ trips I never had anyone check my return flight, except a China Southern employee when I was leaving China to go to Bangkok.

Even on my two recent COE they did not ask and it was not a requirement to complete the online application (for me anyway).

It’s basically in the system, so they know if you have a return ticket.  I’ve made at least 100 trips to Thailand in the last decade.  One time I was coming in from KL on MAS and I didn’t book a return because I was planning some business meetings in Indonesia and Australia and wasn’t sure where I was going when I was leaving, so I booked a one way to BKK. Wouldn’t let me board without a return.  They know.  I don’t think it’s something they overlook.

11 hours ago, broadstreetbully1 said:

Hey, since this thread is up and going I have a few questions as well. I hope I can get the answers here so I don't have to start a new thread. Just for full disclosure I'm applying from the USA not UK, although I think it doesn't really matter. I'm a bit unsure about 2 of the questions.

Question #7 "Confirmation of legal residence in a country in which you are applying for the visa". I thought my passport picture would handle this. So I was gonna upload a picture of my drivers lincense for this one. And question

#9 applicant is required to upload document that can verify his current residency. Am I crazy or isn't this very similar to question 7 and can also be verified by looking at my passport picture which I already uploaded. I was gonna upload my passport picture again for this one. Is this the correct way to go about this? Some help would be greatly appreciated.

For the UK Thai Embassy I printed the page of my UK passport and underneath wrote 'I confirm I am a UK citizen with a permanent address in the UK' followed by my signature.

10 hours ago, broadstreetbully1 said:

Since the above question hasn't yet been answered I'll ask one more hopefully someone can answer all 3. For the financial documents that need to be uploaded. Can it just be a screenshot of my balance? Any advice?

Again for the UK Thai Embassy I scanned a copy of my bank statement, must have name, address and show sufficient funds.

• 1 month later...
On 17/10/2021 at 00:21, BigLicks said:

To save any hassle and worry..I have changed my plans to a 59 day trip from Jan 7th.... my 1st ever Xmas away has been put on hold until next year...

I'm getting the same bit of hassle off the embassy put a return date in longer than the 60 day visa they requested my flight details duly sent..........now I'm waiting for a decision been 10 day's now think that's what I'll need to do cut my trip short hopefully I don't have too

9 hours ago, blackjack999 said:

I'm getting the same bit of hassle off the embassy put a return date in longer than the 60 day visa they requested my flight details duly sent..........now I'm waiting for a decision been 10 day's now think that's what I'll need to do cut my trip short hopefully I don't have too

After yesterdays news re bars opening and the restrictions when they do open....I am now seriously thinking of cancelling my trip altogether and leaving it until maybe Sept/Christmas 2022...one big problem I have tho...my age is not holding back!!!