IGNORED

Mosquitos..

Rodway

Mosquitos..

Are there any in Pattaya?..

Thank You..

are you fucking kidding?????? prepare to be bitten my friend............ regularly unless you spray on "avon so soft" ... best stuff invented for them pesky fuckers

,, if life is a ball can someone please lend me a pump quick ,,,

YES

We have "both types" to miss quote the Blues Brothers.

Daytime - Day time (mainly Sunup and Sundown) will give you Dengue fever. Relatively serious.

Good news that in Pattaya beach area these are not so common - but still a increasing risk.

Evening and night time you get normal mosquito's. These can give you Malaria but malaria is extremely rare in this part of Thailand.

If your a person that attracts mosquitoes you WILL get bitten. Certain people definitely attract far more moszies than others and some seem to rarely get bitten . Body chemistry.

I cant speak to the effectiveness of "Avon so soft" - never seen it in the supermarket here.

What we do have are several brands of , cream, lotion, wipes, and spray that contain DEET.

It is EXTREMLY effective and is teh WHO recommended ingredient for all these types of product.

You can pick up the stuff at any convenience store or supermarket here. There will be a 7-11 within 1 block of your hotel.

So thats the good advice - personally I cant be assed with putting it on if I am out and about in Pattaya city. The bite rate is very low FOR ME and I will be wearing trousers and a long sleeved shirt at night to keep the mozies off. Out where I live (about 15 minutes out of town) its another story. I HAVE to put on spray about 1 hour before sunset and they bite up till about 22:00 at night. Just cant work out side without it.

It is better to light even one candle than to live in fear of the dark.

YES

We have "both types" to miss quote the Blues Brothers.

Daytime - Day time (mainly Sunup and Sundown) will give you Dengue fever. Relatively serious.

Good news that in Pattaya beach area these are not so common - but still a increasing risk.

Evening and night time you get normal mosquito's. These can give you Malaria but malaria is extremely rare in this part of Thailand.

If your a person that attracts mosquitoes you WILL get bitten. Certain people definitely attract far more moszies than others and some seem to rarely get bitten . Body chemistry.

I cant speak to the effectiveness of "Avon so soft" - never seen it in the supermarket here.

What we do have are several brands of , cream, lotion, wipes, and spray that contain DEET.

It is EXTREMLY effective and is teh WHO recommended ingredient for all these types of product.

You can pick up the stuff at any convenience store or supermarket here. There will be a 7-11 within 1 block of your hotel.

So thats the good advice - personally I cant be assed with putting it on if I am out and about in Pattaya city. The bite rate is very low FOR ME and I will be wearing trousers and a long sleeved shirt at night to keep the mozies off. Out where I live (about 15 minutes out of town) its another story. I HAVE to put on spray about 1 hour before sunset and they bite up till about 22:00 at night. Just cant work out side without it.

not quite. there are thousands of "types" of mosquitoes. "normal" mosquitoes do not carry malaria. the female anopheles mosquito does. products containing Deet are recommended against them. avon "skin so soft" does not contain deet as it's a skin lotion. pattaya is not a malaria risk.

Edited by deadwood

avon "skin so soft" does not contain deet as it's a skin lotion.

agreed deadwood, avon s s does not contain deet but google any searches you like and you`ll see just how many personal satisfied recommendations there are for it. i was a sucker for them horrible biting bas`tds, but now, before embarking outdoors in the evening just a spray onto the bared areas has kept me relatively bite free. plus them fuckers indoors go on biting till way into dusk, so spray ur loom before leaving for the night with a mossy spray and hopefully upon return you will also be bite free. one other thing, avon s s can be bought on ebay for comparatively MUCH cheaper than your average 7-11 products.

,, if life is a ball can someone please lend me a pump quick ,,,

I started using skin so soft with a bug juice and PF30 during the day. At night I use one from the sporting goods store that is PF15 w/bug juice. Works for me. I can't stand the smell of deet, especialy in the bars where girls are close. I used to get hit all the time. I also take vitium B. I don't get hit like I used to.

Just got back from Pattaya yesterday monring. Seen a few mosquitoes around the hotel but while out and about didn't see any.

I never had a problem in Pattaya. I walked along beach road at night and did not encounter any.

You were probably just distracted by the ladies as there are definitely mosquitoes here and annoying fruit flys too!

i didn' see them on my last trip but i definitely felt them. my GF took me right away to a 7/24 and bought me a spray with a very good smell, it actually didn't work so well

Number6-01.jpg

The prisoner: “I’m not a number, I’m a free manâ€

A gogo girl: "i'm not a number, i'm a free woman"

I use a locally made spray " Skeltone " think it's called and works perfectly. My one thought about mozzies is, how come they arn't transmitters of aids ? They go around nipping loads of people, surely they must still have deposits of several different types of blood on their weaponary.

My one thought about mozzies is, how come they arn't transmitters of aids ? They go around nipping loads of people, surely they must still have deposits of several different types of blood on their weaponary.

The basics are simple - they suck not blow :22600584-Th:

If you ARE interested here is a more scientific explanation

http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/aids.htm

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

irritating little blood suckers that prey on felangs which can leave an itchy rash and suck instead of blow.

with these discriptions we should get sprays for the girls as well lol

:Grin3:

buy repellent from 7-11 it has a pink top on the small bottle it works very well for me but use it every night if you don't YOU will get bitten oh and don't forget to put some on your feet if wearing sandals

alan from wales

Patts is over run with the little bastards! You can buy some cracking stuff in the pharmacies but its not cheap! Jungle formula or something like that! 350B or more.

I have never managed a trip with anything less than 15 bites! Mate fell asleep outside his house and was bitten on his back 84 times! Ended up in hospital!

Another menace is sand fly! These bites are much the same as mozzies. But usually more intense! Not to be outdone by my mate, I was sat on the beach. Never noticed a mingy dog lying very close to me. That evening I ended up in hospital with 68 bites on my leg which had become twice the size! (Now trying to direct all sand flies to my dick :Evil_Grin2: )

Good idea for your room. Close all windows and doors, buy a mozzie spray from 7/11. Before you go out give the room and toilet a good spray. Job done. Come back to dead mozzies lying all over the toilet and bed LOL!

The storm drains breed the little bastards, hence the Thai's cover them with rugs and material.

A good source of entertainment, buy an electric tennis bat, give it to a BG and let her go to town killing the little bastards :) Keeps them amused for hours :)

Edited by Scottish_Tyrant

Wha's like us?

Get your self one of these stop bites swelling and iratating staght awayhttp://www.roamingfox.co.uk/Click-Dont-Scratch-pr-16171.html

99780c55ee930b73295170fb8cff22f8.jpg

Edited by monkey01

A Thai girls arsehole is just like a 9 volt battery you know you shouldn't but sooner or later you will put your tounge in it

I've only managed 1 trip out of 5 without getting bitten - I guess I'm one of the unlucky ones like 'Scottish_Tyrant'. You may be lucky enough not to attract them, but it's worth taking precautions as outlined above. Last trip (Nov '08) was the worst, compounded with a mixture of other bites 'most likely from Soi dogs or other source along Beach Rd' according to the Doctor that treated the subsequent infections.

Regarding the repellents...does anyone know of an effective brand that isn't greasy ?

• 3 weeks later...
I use a locally made spray " Skeltone " think it's called and works perfectly. My one thought about mozzies is, how come they arn't transmitters of aids ? They go around nipping loads of people, surely they must still have deposits of several different types of blood on their weaponary.

This is a good point! Can anyone shed any light on how Mozzies don't spread aids? I'd like to know the answer to that as well.

Edit: Found the answer here. http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~insects/aids.htm

Edited by Jonaz

I always dress at night for the little buggers, long pans and sneakers... They never seem to bite my upper body only my feel and legs... So I had to go to the long pants at night

Next trip May 2012

I found that if I used a fly spray in my room before I left for the night that would kill them off in the room during the night, then I used deet spray on my ankles arms and neck, got one or 2 little bites nothing to bad, took a tube of ibrufen gel to rub on the bites and thats good for the sweelling

little bastards always get me :D

but i did quite well on my last trip (nov) only got 5 bites, but i was told to take garlic tablets everyday, and it seemed to work. :001_Sawasdee:

• 3 weeks later...

I read in another section in this forum that Vitamin B6 taken everyday will help rid the mosquitoes. Can anyone confirm this? I'm Hispanic and I always seem to be attracting those lil fuckers. Ha Ha.

Thanks for the good advice!