Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Tinnies Jomtien

2 hours ago, oldmanemu53 said:

$8 Australian for a meat pie !!!!!🙄

$4 for a sausage roll 

More than I pay in Australia 

Not sure when you were last home mate, but they are pretty close to the price I paid at most places a few weeks ago.... Could not believe how much things have risen back there... 

As above, I am grateful that I can have a taste of home that is a quality product and about the same price.... We cannot expect to pay less for items from home in another country. 

BTW, the Vanilla Slices are fantastic :D

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

3 hours ago, Atlas said:

Not sure when you were last home mate, but they are pretty close to the price I paid at most places a few weeks ago.... Could not believe how much things have risen back there... 

As above, I am grateful that I can have a taste of home that is a quality product and about the same price.... We cannot expect to pay less for items from home in another country. 

If Pie  Face can sell pies cheaper than $5 in Australia so can Tinnies ,he sells his for $8 

If your happy to pay $8 a pie go for it ,

As for vanilla Slice at 185 baht that nearly $7.50 omg ,a vanilla slice wouldn't sell in Australia at $7.50

Must be making big profit 

Edited by oldmanemu53

4 hours ago, Atlas said:

Neungs pies at Ricks Bakery off Soi Khaonoi, baked daily 75bht.

• Like 2

image.png

7 minutes ago, Jebb said:

Where is Soi Khaonoi?

I like the pies at Tinnies, but i agree they are on the expensive side, so i could give a try to an alternative

16 minutes ago, filipef said:

Where is Soi Khaonoi?

I like the pies at Tinnies, but i agree they are on the expensive side, so i could give a try to an alternative

IMG_5898.jpeg

They’re on Facebook and mention free delivery but I assume there’s a minimum order.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Soi Khaonoi is also known as Boonsampan on the Darkside. The bakery is in soi 13 off that Soi.

• Like 3

image.png

18 hours ago, Jebb said:

2 for 110 baht , daily special ..today Mince and Onion. 

Check their FB page.

• 3 weeks later...

Guinness beef and mushroom pie meal, and coke zero, 325B, including gravy, excellent. The chip portion was

small.

tinthumbnail_IMG_2789.jpg.b86b6a27f453911241f4c95e011703d4.jpg

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Guinness beef and mushroom pie meal, and coke zero, 325B, including gravy, excellent. The chip portion was

small.

tinthumbnail_IMG_2789.jpg.b86b6a27f453911241f4c95e011703d4.jpg

£7.30 for pie n chip's.... Great value for money 💰

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Dayo...

On 23/07/2023 at 09:38, oldmanemu53 said:

$8 Australian for a meat pie !!!!!🙄

$4 for a sausage roll 

More than I pay in Australia 

How much do you pay for Pad Thai Noodles in Australia? I'm betting around $15 Aud .. 

Compared to how much in Thailand? .. $4 to $5 ! 

Off topic but related. I was in a bar in Soi 7 Jomtien the other day and see a food cart that pulls up selling meat pies. 

I've seen a lot of food carts but never one selling pies! 

30 minutes ago, Sloracer said:

Off topic but related. I was in a bar in Soi 7 Jomtien the other day and see a food cart that pulls up selling meat pies. 

Who are you? Stevie Wonder? Those meat pie carts are everywhere in Jomtien and Pattaya...

45 minutes ago, Tarpon said:

Who are you? Stevie Wonder? Those meat pie carts are everywhere in Jomtien and Pattaya...

Yeah I must be blind. Being such a traditional Thai food they'd have to be everywhere. 

13 hours ago, gusincebu said:

How much do you pay for Pad Thai Noodles in Australia? I'm betting around $15 Aud .. 

Compared to how much in Thailand? .. $4 to $5 ! 

Doesnt make sense ,so I should pay double for a meat pie in Thailand??

I'm pretty sure in Soi Bukhao a meat pie is not 200 baht 

Edited by oldmanemu53

14 hours ago, Sloracer said:

And they are disgusting. 

2 hours ago, oldmanemu53 said:

Doesnt make sense ,so I should pay double for a meat pie in Thailand??

I'm pretty sure in Soi Bukhao a meat pie is not 200 baht 

100 baht...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimboh said:

And they are disgusting. 

I respect your opinion but they are very popular with many folk here......👍

15 hours ago, Sloracer said:

The pie carts have been around in Pattaya for about 20 years 555

24 minutes ago, petermik said:

I respect your opinion but they are very popular with many folk here......👍

Yep very true and the hot sausage rolls are delicious 

On 23/07/2023 at 16:24, oldmanemu53 said:

If Pie  Face can sell pies cheaper than $5 in Australia so can Tinnies ,he sells his for $8 

If your happy to pay $8 a pie go for it ,

As for vanilla Slice at 185 baht that nearly $7.50 omg ,a vanilla slice wouldn't sell in Australia at $7.50

Must be making big profit 

Have you tried Tinnies pie ?

How you could possibly compare Pie Face to Tinnies tells me everything I need to know why you are whining about the prices....

And the vanilla slice is about 135Bt.... perhaps you should visit the shop...

As I said on a very recent visit to Australia most bakeries were similar prices to Tinnies.... To be able to buy QUALITY goods at anywhere near home prices is for me a blessing.  

As Jebb has said there are cheaper alternatives but IMHO you get what you pay for 🙃

Regards, Atlas.

48 minutes ago, Atlas said:

Have you tried Tinnies pie ?

How you could possibly compare Pie Face to Tinnies tells me everything I need to know why you are whining about the prices....

And the vanilla slice is about 135Bt.... perhaps you should visit the shop...

As I said on a very recent visit to Australia most bakeries were similar prices to Tinnies.... To be able to buy QUALITY goods at anywhere near home prices is for me a blessing.  

As Jebb has said there are cheaper alternatives but IMHO you get what you pay for 🙃

You just keep working and spending your money son , keep working keep spending ,spend it all ,that's what I say 

We're here for a good time not a long time , even if it's pies 

Edited by oldmanemu53

1 hour ago, oldmanemu53 said:

You just keep working and spending your money son , keep working keep spending ,spend it all ,that's what I say 

We're here for a good time not a long time , even if it's pies 

😁

Mate I was lucky enough to retire at 50, 10yrs ago and I can still afford a Tinnie's pie 🥧 😁

Most of money is now spent on fuel, motorcycles and accommodation as I travel all over Thailand.  

Currently in Hua Hin after visiting Kanchanaburi.

Life is good 🙃

Regards, Atlas.

1 hour ago, Atlas said:

😁

Mate I was lucky enough to retire at 50, 10yrs ago and I can still afford a Tinnie's pie 🥧 😁

Most of money is now spent on fuel, motorcycles and accommodation as I travel all over Thailand.  

Currently in Hua Hin after visiting Kanchanaburi.

Life is good 🙃

Fantastic,that's what I say lead your life ,you never know how long you have ...I have Australian friend retired in Pattaya at age 42yo he thanks the Aussie taxpayer for his disability pension.😄