IGNORED

Lazada Flash Drives

gentleenforcer

34 minutes ago, Edge said:

I realise that the title says Flash Drives, but my experience has been with HDDs (no problems) and MicroSD cards.

Bottom line is that although Lazarda deal with returns/complaints quite well, they don't seem able (or willing?) to get things sorted with the myriad of MicroSD cards they list.

Every brand name and capacity is listed there, mostly from China and too cheap to be true.
Try avoiding 'ships from overseas' and you find that Thai traders are apparently bringing in the fakes and doubling the price... still too cheap to be true.
There are cards on there which appear to be the right price, but usually there's no way to tell whether they are genuine unless you order from a real business eg J.I.B. Computers, who trade on Lazarda at the same prices as online or in store.

I bought one which messed me around until the 7 days had expired plus it says packaging must be intact....how?
Another one failed straight away and wouldn't even Format properly, so last night I went through the Returns process and the money was refunded back to my Wallet in literally less than 5 minutes with no mention of actually returning it i.e. Lazarda must be well aware.

I've had a few cases where I was refunded the money on a purchase with no need to return the product. I believe they base that decision on your return history and if the cost of the item is not worth the cost of returning it.

On 28/04/2020 at 12:16, Edge said:

I realise that the title says Flash Drives, but my experience has been with HDDs (no problems) and MicroSD cards.

Bottom line is that although Lazarda deal with returns/complaints quite well, they don't seem able (or willing?) to get things sorted with the myriad of MicroSD cards they list.

Every brand name and capacity is listed there, mostly from China and too cheap to be true.
Try avoiding 'ships from overseas' and you find that Thai traders are apparently bringing in the fakes and doubling the price... still too cheap to be true.
There are cards on there which appear to be the right price, but usually there's no way to tell whether they are genuine unless you order from a real business eg J.I.B. Computers, who trade on Lazarda at the same prices as online or in store.

I bought one which messed me around until the 7 days had expired plus it says packaging must be intact....how?
Another one failed straight away and wouldn't even Format properly, so last night I went through the Returns process and the money was refunded back to my Wallet in literally less than 5 minutes with no mention of actually returning it i.e. Lazarda must be well aware.

JIB top company I purchased a 2TB hard drive that failed after 10 months took it back they tested it and then gave me a new one on the spot.

I have purchased many a flash drive over the years all still work fine.

JDM

• Like 2

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

Had a friend give me or sell rather (500 baht) a 1Tb desktop HD WD. It stopped after 2 months a guy that did some PC stuff for me took a look and saw the sticker on it from Hardware house in Tuk Com he took it back to them and it was 4 years old so they replaced it as it was guaranteed for 5 years. Had to wait about 10 days as they return to WD but was given a new one     

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I have not been looking at flash drives during the last few years, so I could not comment on that.

I am a regular user of Lazada and have been quite happy with them. I only ordered something that was sourced from outside of Thailand once and will be unlikely to do so again. In that case it was from South Korea. Out of about 20 orders that I have placed that was the only item that I had to return. Lazada handled it quite well and I was able to return ship it from a nearby 7-11. Do hang onto your receipts until you have checked a purchase out. I do not have a Wallet Account that I know of.

1 hour ago, Soi7 said:

Had a friend give me or sell rather (500 baht) a 1Tb desktop HD WD. It stopped after 2 months a guy that did some PC stuff for me took a look and saw the sticker on it from Hardware house in Tuk Com he took it back to them and it was 4 years old so they replaced it as it was guaranteed for 5 years. Had to wait about 10 days as they return to WD but was given a new one     

OK if you're sure nothing dodgy can be recovered.  :Think1:

20200421_094016.thumb.jpg.f749962548965a422c15bbdd3e8831e7.jpg

• 3 months later...

One might think it too good to be true..

I found a 2TB HP USB memory stick on Lazada, just 147 Baht.  Woo Hoo!

Great stuff, I got 5 of them, they turned up in a few days time. Ready to go.

2010880475_Screenshot(2142).png.f5bcd6563b05206c1fe2efd6ce3a7d69.png

Just a small technical challenge...

They were VERY slow and if you were lucky you might fit 3 or 4 movies onto one USB !

Oh well, they key ring works. :D