IGNORED

Lazada Flash Drives

gentleenforcer

I got into a website called lazada.com to just browse. I have never heard of it before so I was curious to see what was on there. I can across a USB Flash Drive 2T for about Aud $8 and thought that it was too cheap compare to anything available in Australia and also I have never heard of a 2Tflash drive...do they exist yet? Is it a hoax? I know that is only cheap and would not break my bank but just curious.

fd.jpg

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I use Lazada all the time. It's the Amazon of SEA. In this case though I would be hesitant to buy, even with Lazada's very good return policy, as this item could easily be classified as too good to be true.

• Like 2

Could be perhaps used as a keyring....555

Used Lazada in the Philippines many times and there is one rule I always go by.

If it says "Ships from overseas", you are 50/50 at best to get what you want.  I almost never even bother with "Ships from overseas" anymore.

If it ships locally, it's normally fine and what's expected.

46 minutes ago, Old Scratch said:

If it says "Ships from overseas", you are 50/50 at best to get what you want.  I almost never even bother with "Ships from overseas" anymore.

My orders are split about 70/30, with 30% coming from overseas (i.e. China). I'd say the vast majority of items received from China were exactly as advertised and quality was what I expected for the price paid.

I have avoided ordering from overseas the last couple of weeks out of concern of how long the coronavirus may stay active on the surface of packaging material. 

11 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I use Lazada all the time. It's the Amazon of SEA. In this case though I would be hesitant to buy, even with Lazada's very good return policy, as this item could easily be classified as too good to be true.

It is my understanding that Lazada Wallet is not available to foreigners and hence it is not possible to return Lazada items (and get your money back).  Am I mistaken here?

8 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

My orders are split about 70/30, with 30% coming from overseas (i.e. China). I'd say the vast majority of items received from China were exactly as advertised and quality was what I expected for the price paid.

Damn, definitely not for me.  Funniest one was a keyboard I ordered.  Not only did they send the wrong key board but like 6 keys were loose in the box (rather than on the keyboard) and 2 were missing entirely.  So they through in some random broken keyboard missing keys to fulfill my order.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, xtremedude said:

It is my understanding that Lazada Wallet is not available to foreigners and hence it is not possible to return Lazada items (and get your money back).  Am I mistaken here?

You're right Wallet is not available to foreigners, but there is a way around that. You can also get your money back without a Wallet account, but it involves some hoops to jump through.

The workaround for a foreigner to set up a Wallet account.

if you see USB memories and sd cards

Cheaper than they should be and/or to large capacity.

They are ALWAYS! fake

You will probably be able to save 2TB to it but everything above 8 or 16GB will be gone forever

• Like 4

/Mike

Bought 3 so-called  2TB flash drives. All fake and useless. Lucky if they will hold more than 30 gb without deleting the files already saved. The good news is that with Lazada I reported them as fake and got my money back in each case, eventually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes. I did fall for these ginormous flash drive a year ago or so. Bought two.

I "loaded" up a ton of pictures.

Everything seemed to go well until I checked if all my pictures were good and well on the drive.

They were not. This thing keeps reloading on the first few GB.

It's a well done fake. They'll show 2TB on your computer and dutifully "load" everything you thtow at them.

I threw them away. Didn't bother to reclaim from Lazada.

As for Lazada me and TGF use it with satisfaction a lot.

Seeking the mythical My-Girl-is-Different

• 2 months later...

If you opt for a "flash drive" with a storage capacity greater than  64GB, you may face some issues. If you want greater than 64GB, go for a portable HD.  

Edited by Jarrod2518
Typpo

4 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

If you opt for a "flash drive" with a storage capacity greater than  64GB, you may face some issues. If you want greater than 64GB, go for a portable HD.  

I have been fucked by a seller on Lazada who sold me a 2TB WD external drive. I could not get it to format. Sent it in to WD Shop in BKK and they told me "it is fake. Opened it up and it had a drive from 2010 inside.

Ended up getting a refund after about 2 weeks of messaging back and forth with lazada. 

hd.jpg

Edited by freedom42
  • Like 1

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

Why would anyone believe they can get a 1 or 2 TB flash drive for a few hundred baht is beyond me. If you need a 2 TB flash drive get the real thing from Amazon but some of them on there site are not the real deal either but guessing this one is

1985966782_ScreenHunter_119Apr_2707_05.thumb.jpg.65b4d82fa8c52160296937e9819ce121.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

I have to keep reminding myself its a job :GoldenSmile1:
At Babydolls we are serious about fun

babydollsaddict.gif

On 12/02/2020 at 21:04, Old Scratch said:

http://www.aliexpress.com/ is enormous Chinese web shopping site. Is it the same as Lazada, just a different name/label?

I have often bought goods on Aliexpress including minor electronic items. 

Be wary when ordering clothing. I am size L in Australia but on Aliexpress I need XL. Most web sites show the garment key dimensions in cm so it is easy to check against something I already have.

Shoes - bought several pairs online. Much cheaper than local shop prices.

Salomon sports shoes sizes are of course the same as Oz - they are usually made in Asia - I take 43. The first pair I bought I took the size off a pair of New Balance trainers: the same size 43. Perfect fit.

Delivery is not very quick, usually about three weeks, but reports are that it is much slower at the moment.

So currently I would use Ebay and seek Oz supplier even if it costs a bit more.

Edited by Bonkabit
spelling error

8 hours ago, freedom42 said:

I have been fucked by a seller on Lazada who sold me a 2TB WD external drive

Can I ask you to name the seller - is that possible so that we keep well clear pf them. THX

53 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

Salomon sports shoes sizes are of course the same as Oz - they are usually made in Asia - I take 43. The first pair I bought I took the size off a pair of New Balance trainers: the same size 43. Perfect fit.

How have the Salomon shoes held up?

57 minutes ago, Jarrod2518 said:

Can I ask you to name the seller - is that possible so that we keep well clear pf them. THX

No, acquaint yourself with Thai defamation laws.

If he PMs you all good.

It's pretty easy to check..... There are no TB usb drives on the market, check with major players like Sandisk.... They do a 2GB SSD, but that is different, and expensive :)

Regards, Atlas.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

34 minutes ago, Bonkabit said:

That is a good price for the Speedcross 3's. About half of what I'm paying for them in the US.

Good to hear they're holding up well as I had the opposite experience buying a pair that looked like the real deal from the outlet store on Sukhumvit. Normally I get about 6 - 8 months out of a pair, but the outlet store pair lasted less than a month before the sole separated from the shoe.

BTW, I ended up with a pair of the new Speedcross 5's as a replacement from Salomon for a defective pair of 3's. If you have wide feet, the 5's are a much better fit.

Edited to add: Apology for the OT, TF.

Edited by forcebwithu

8 hours ago, Jarrod2518 said:

They have been banned from the platform. They just pop up with a new name a few days later. You need to look at a few things.

- is the price a lot lower than an authorized sellers / official stores

- how many items do they have in their shop, and what are they - if they are multiple different items, they are possibly selling counterfeit items in small numbers. They get some cash, then they close up shop, or are busted before they can shut down.

- how long have they been in business? 

- if you get scammed, the best way to get through to Lazada is on Twitter. I found direct messaging to work best, although they are often slow to reply, you seem to actually get replies on there.

Edited by Ru4Real
Removed potential defamation

If it floats, flies or fucks, RENT IT!!!!! "He who hesitates, masturbates"

I realise that the title says Flash Drives, but my experience has been with HDDs (no problems) and MicroSD cards.

Bottom line is that although Lazarda deal with returns/complaints quite well, they don't seem able (or willing?) to get things sorted with the myriad of MicroSD cards they list.

Every brand name and capacity is listed there, mostly from China and too cheap to be true.
Try avoiding 'ships from overseas' and you find that Thai traders are apparently bringing in the fakes and doubling the price... still too cheap to be true.
There are cards on there which appear to be the right price, but usually there's no way to tell whether they are genuine unless you order from a real business eg J.I.B. Computers, who trade on Lazarda at the same prices as online or in store.

I bought one which messed me around until the 7 days had expired plus it says packaging must be intact....how?
Another one failed straight away and wouldn't even Format properly, so last night I went through the Returns process and the money was refunded back to my Wallet in literally less than 5 minutes with no mention of actually returning it i.e. Lazarda must be well aware.