IGNORED

Mass shooting in Korat

forcebwithu

33 minutes ago, Bobmoore said:

Sorry, if this is a daft question, but why would a soldier be handling property deals for officers? 

Might have been he was expecting a commission on helping arrange a real estate deal. Not unusual here for commissions to be paid for bringing a seller and buyer together, and unfortunately probably not uncommon for the 3rd party to get screwed on the promised commission.

That happened with the house I'm renting. The previous owner had been trying for several years to sell the property with not so much as a nibble. Finally had one on the hook, but the deal fell through at the last minute. My long time GF then hooked the owner up with a good Thai friend of ours who was interested in buying, with the promise of 3% commission if the deal went through. The deal closed and when it came time to pay the commission she only got something like .5%. She didn't pursue it as there was nothing in writing to back up the verbal agreement. Hindsight being what it is she regrets that oversight.

Edited by forcebwithu

2 hours ago, boingo said:

Not sure if this is appropriate yet so Mods please remove if it isn't. My girl tells me the Thai grapevine says the cause of the rampage is that the shooter was angry he was owed commissions for selling land/houses for at least one senior officer and was told he wouldn't get any.

I think it has been known for quite some time that the perpetrator had apparently been scammed by someone. He also posted something about people not being to enjoy their money or something. Maybe he was referring to the scammers, or maybe to the "rich people" in T21.

I can see how significant financial deals settled on a hand shake may turn out to be problematic.

This is one of the worst mass shootings of its type in Thailand's history.

The cause of this massacre was not because the perpetrator was scammed. Many people in Thailand have lost lots of money for dubious reasons through the years and they never thought to hurt anyone for it. Certainly not hurting countless innocent civilians.

The cause of this massacre was an unhinged individual looking for an excuse to engage in a mass shooting to terrorize people and go out in a blaze of 'glory.' Not unlike many of the mass shooters in America. The fact that he was filming himself and constantly updating his social media speaks volumes. This is something other mass shooters around the world have done as well.

I'm afraid Thailand has crossed that line and been influenced by the actions of others globally. Mass shootings in public just for the thrill and sport of it. Just like that gold shop killer who shot and killed three people including a little boy, stealing gold wasn't the motive, killing for the sake of killing was the motive. I would not be shocked if we see more and more of these types of incidents occur in Thailand in the coming months and years.

• Sad 1

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

Full moon parties could take on a new light.  Guess I can understand why people would want to hide in/on those expensive Japanese toilets in T21.

1 hour ago, QuotaMan said:

This is one of the worst mass shootings of its type in Thailand's history.

The cause of this massacre was not because the perpetrator was scammed. Many people in Thailand have lost lots of money for dubious reasons through the years and they never thought to hurt anyone for it. Certainly not hurting countless innocent civilians.

The cause of this massacre was an unhinged individual looking for an excuse to engage in a mass shooting to terrorize people and go out in a blaze of 'glory.' Not unlike many of the mass shooters in America. The fact that he was filming himself and constantly updating his social media speaks volumes. This is something other mass shooters around the world have done as well.

I'm afraid Thailand has crossed that line and been influenced by the actions of others globally. Mass shootings in public just for the thrill and sport of it. Just like that gold shop killer who shot and killed three people including a little boy, stealing gold wasn't the motive, killing for the sake of killing was the motive. I would not be shocked if we see more and more of these types of incidents occur in Thailand in the coming months and years.

Agree, and alarming because when Thai's snap, they snap very hard.

................................................................................................................

On 10/02/2020 at 09:29, Mick Pattaya said:

Agree, and alarming because when Thai's snap, they snap very hard.

Most definitely.

While many Thai people are friendly and generous, it is absolutely not true that every single one of them are jai yen. Some of them will go absolutely ballistic when set off.

GFE: Gull Friend Experience

Official Pattaya Song

This comment may be in bad taste and I apologize in advance if it offends anyone. Given that many Thai people believe in ghosts, I wonder if businesses within this shopping complex will suffer a massive downturn?

MODS...remove this if you feel so.

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

This comment may be in bad taste and I apologize in advance if it offends anyone. Given that many Thai people believe in ghosts, I wonder if businesses within this shopping complex will suffer a massive downturn?  

MODS...remove this if you feel so.

I doubt it. Many have ended their own life in Thai shopping centers. Especially Pattaya and they are still open and doing good business...

I’d say the only thing that might keep them away for a while is the fear of being shot rather than ghosts.

Posts removed. Stay away from politics and other countries’ controversies. Thanks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”