IGNORED

Sleep problems

Plantbasedkacj

I am a terrible sleeper - always have been. If I have a beer in the evening, then i'll generally fall asleep not to bad and wake up around 6am (normally 5-6 hours sleep of an evening). If I don't drink, then it takes me ages to get to sleep, i have constant waking dreams (my brain doesnt seem to have an off switch!), and generally get 3-4 hours of sleep, I exercise loads out on my bike every 2/3 days for 30-40kms riding. 

Will give the ZMA product a try - generally do not like to take tablets which are hormones etc.

When in Pattaya my sleeping pattern goes out the window. Once I settle in my sleep usually consists of... bed at 4am up and awake by 7am then some days ill drift off for an hour or two in the late afternoon. 

I went to some pharmacy on buakhao opposite Easy Rcon bar and told them I need to sleep. They gave me 10 little yellow tablets in a small zippy bag. Fuck knows what they were but they worked a treat. Went to bed that night at 10pm and slept through until 9am the next morning. I think that's the longest sleep I've ever had since I was a kid.

From then on id just take half of one of them pills after a couple of days of partying hard and id get a good 7 hour sleep from it. Refreshed and ready to ruin my body for another 48 hours. 

Edited by BuakhaoBarry

On 12/01/2021 at 15:21, BuakhaoBarry said:

I went to some pharmacy on buakhao opposite Easy Rcon bar and told them I need to sleep. They gave me 10 little yellow tablets in a small zippy bag. Fuck knows what they were but they worked a treat. Went to bed that night at 10pm and slept through until 9am the next morning. I think that's the longest sleep I've ever had since I was a kid.

Reminds me of years ago..... I was doing an overnight flight home, followed by a full day’s work, then a long drive....... so I needed to sleep on the flight....

same as you Pharmacy gave me a bag of pills...... slept the whole of the way home..... side effect was that they we’re also “happy” pills...... only time I haven’t suffered the post Pattaya blues !!

Poor sleep could be down to mouth breathing. There is a great book by James Nestor called 'Breath' that comprehensively covers the science behind why people who breath through their mouths are almost guaranteeing themselves a crap nights sleep.

• 1 month later...
On 28/02/2020 at 00:00, Yabusaki said:

Greetings,

I also have chronic insomnia! I take 3 - 5 mg of fast dissolve melatonin one hour before bedtime every night!

I also have just started to deal with this condition , started taking melatonin for the first time last night but hardly slept a wink last night . I will try again tonight might take 2 tablets 6 mg .  

20 minutes ago, toohp said:

I also have just started to deal with this condition , started taking melatonin for the first time last night but hardly slept a wink last night . I will try again tonight might take 2 tablets 6 mg .  

Took,

Be careful, if you take too much melatonin, you'll get scary nightmares! Nightmares are side effect of over dose of melatonin!

Good luck.

Hang Loose, mongoose!

On 12/01/2021 at 16:21, BuakhaoBarry said:

They gave me 10 little yellow tablets in a small zippy bag. Fuck knows what they were but they worked a treat.

@BuakhaoBarry Might have been amitriptyline - I’ve seen thai pharmacies recommend hand it out in little plastic bags several times, colour typically brown or violet. It’s an antidepressant which is also a sedative. Not addictive. Perhaps an idea for OP@Plantbasedkacj if you are still following this thread. 

Edited by MarcusS

Porque la vida es sueño, y los sueños sueños son

5 hours ago, Yabusaki said:

Took,

Be careful, if you take too much melatonin, you'll get scary nightmares! Nightmares are side effect of over dose of melatonin!

Good luck.

Thanks for that I did have some last night !  I have had some more nightmares when I was on a herbal mixture wonder if they were related to that mixture too ? 

- vitamin D

- exercise 

- wear blue light blocking glasses at night when you use your phone or computer, TV etc, you can buy them off amazon 

- turn off all the lights when sun goes down, so your body knows its night time and you'll produce melatonin

- healthy diet, avoid caffeine if your sensitive. 

• 5 months later...

I was a very bad sleeper too. Took me ages to fall asleep and I used to wake-up every 2 or 3 hours from bad dreams, I rarely slept more than 6h a night.

Melatonin never work for me. I used an app: Isnore on my phone to record me during the night. Some snoring, no apnea and lots of movements.

Best solution I use is to have a 'wank' or sex just before sleeping.

Second option is weird, I listen to crickets noise all night. Plenty of 10h video on Youtube, I set it up to the lower volume. Helps me relax. Make sure to set-up your addblock beforehand. 

Edited by Barbapiccola
typo

Get some sun during the day. Don’t drink any caffeine or sugary crap after 1pm. Go for a walk. Common sense stuff.  You don’t need medication. 

Like the others recommended, exercise is a great way to tire yourself out.

Counterintuitively I had great relief in my middle Insomnia by taking armodafinil, a wakefulness agent. I took it in the morning. I was so awake during the day and active,that once night rolled around,I was exhausted and slept really well.