IGNORED

Chinese tourists caught on video fighting with other customers and foreigners at restaurant over being too loud in Pattaya-Video

The Pattaya News

Pattaya –A video clip of Chinese customers fighting with Thai and foreign customers at a restaurant in Pattaya has gone viral on social media this week. See the video here courtesy 77kaoded and Pattayanews. At 5 minutes cell phone videos better show the incident. https://youtu.be/_AuUVHT0ADE The owner of the restaurant, 53 year old PrasertChai Boonma […]

The post Chinese tourists caught on video fighting with other customers and foreigners at restaurant over being too loud in Pattaya-Video appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

Right near the end of the video a woman is heard repeatedly saying "Mafia Mah", wonder what she was saying. The last few seconds before the camera is covered was despicable it showed one of these Cjinese thugs punching and kicking a terrified woman. They should all be deported right away, preferably to Wuhan.

Shit video. My take away from this is never interrupt a chinese man when he is eating his food. I have no idea why they are so touchy about it, they will be hungry again in an hour!

• Haha 2

Seems that the English meaning of the word "fighting" has changed dramatically

But the old axiom holds true: If you want to pull a crew of ten drunks, be ready to fight ten drunks

Anyhoo what is it with all this millennial shit....reaching for phones, when in any fight you reach for the tools

BTW slaine its 'Mafia maak' hardly a wonderment (Big Mafia)

Edited by regyai

If the chinese group would have been approached, and POLITELY been asked to quiet down none of this would have happened. With all those cars leaving at the end, I'm guessing the restaurant got stuck with some unpaid bills?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

If the chinese group would have been approached, and POLITELY been asked to quiet down none of this would have happened. With all those cars leaving at the end, I'm guessing the restaurant got stuck with some unpaid bills?

To be fair it can't be made out what the woman who approached the group of Chinese said or her tone, however it can be seen that she does become "agitated" after a couple of responses from the table, shown by with her hands but walks away after that one guy stands up and looks to threaten her, she is led away by a server? Then the Chinese get up mob handed and swarm her. this is shown more clearly at the end on the phone footage. Scummy behaviour no matter who you are.

'Scummy' as it may be - it is though to be expected-  as I said above

'pull' strangers (especially in drunken groups) & its always 'on the cards' as a response

2 minutes ago, regyai said:

'Scummy' as it may be - it is though to be expected-  as I said above

'pull' strangers (especially in drunken groups) & its always 'on the cards' as a response

I don't know about expected, maybe more accurate to say can't be ruled out as a possibility? Any woman asking someone if they can keep the noise down, even if she was rude, which we don't know if she was, should not need to expect a gang bashing anywhere in the world. Call it indicative of our times maybe, if you look at some twats wrong where i live they'll stab you, doesn't mean it should be expected, this is how a community / society fails, letting assholes have free rein to be assholes because of such expectations, then before you know it your community is a shithole.

• Thanks 1

Confronting strangers about bad behavior? Not something I would do. Especially in a place like Pattaya. You would be busy 24/7. If I found myself seated next to a group of loud Chinese I would eat up and leave ASAP. Trying to educate rude stupid people is a losers game. It's up to the restaurant staff. And if the restaurant welcomes their business so be it, I'm outta there. Plenty of quiet restaurants in town to go instead.

Also, looks like a outside casual eatery. Not a fancy formal expensive place where you could reasonably expect some civility.

Edited by dh842
edit

5 minutes ago, dh842 said:

Confronting strangers about bad behavior? Not something I would do. Especially in a place like Pattaya. You would be busy 24/7. If I found myself seated next to a group of loud Chinese I would eat up and leave ASAP. Trying to educate rude stupid people is a losers game. It's up to the restaurant staff. And if the restaurant welcomes their business so be it, I'm outta there. Plenty of quiet restaurants in town to go instead.

Also, looks like a outside casual eatery. Not a fancy formal expensive place where you could reasonably expect some civility.

I agree, if it bothered me I'd simply take my business elsewhere. However this was a woman......a Thai one at that.

I don't know about expected, maybe more accurate to say can't be ruled out as a possibility? Any woman asking someone if they can keep the noise down, even if she was rude, which we don't know if she was, should not need to expect a gang bashing anywhere in the world. Call it indicative of our times maybe, if you look at some twats wrong where i live they'll stab you, doesn't mean it should be expected, this is how a community / society fails, letting assholes have free rein to be assholes because of such expectations, then before you know it your community is a shithole.

I think pointing and wagging a finger is not just rude but very rude. I can only guess the Chinese group was being drunk and loud... Not people you should confront!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I think pointing and wagging a finger is not just rude but very rude. I can only guess the Chinese group was being drunk and loud... Not people you should confront!

I agree, not people I would confront. Problem is I see women do this all the time, often to the dread of their accompanying boyfriend, lol. In this instance it was a Thai woman, maybe she thought she had the same "privilege" that a lot of western women gave themselves to berate men without consequence? Maybe she was sheltered? Maybe a number of other things, but that is NEVER an excuse for how these thugs reacted. Probably some criminals in that group, if her getting a beating results in these thugs getting barred from Thailand GOOD, if being drunk so dissolves their moral compass they would beat a woman who berates them then I hesitate to imagine what they would have done to some poor old guy who say, accidentally spilled his beer as he stumbled past. With thugs like these it's always when will it occur not if it will occur.

I agree, not people I would confront. Problem is I see women do this all the time, often to the dread of their accompanying boyfriend, lol. In this instance it was a Thai woman, maybe she thought she had the same "privilege" that a lot of western women gave themselves to berate men without consequence? Maybe she was sheltered? Maybe a number of other things, but that is NEVER an excuse for how these thugs reacted. Probably some criminals in that group, if her getting a beating results in these thugs getting barred from Thailand GOOD, if being drunk so dissolves their moral compass they would beat a woman who berates them then I hesitate to imagine what they would have done to some poor old guy who say, accidentally spilled his beer as he stumbled past. With thugs like these it's always when will it occur not if it will occur.

Being drunk is never an excuse for anything. What they did was deplorable but what I was getting at is.. If you don’t want trouble, don’t go looking for trouble!

Just now, hioctane said:

Being drunk is never an excuse for anything. What they did was deplorable but what I was getting at is.. If you don’t want trouble, don’t go looking for trouble!

I understand that, I'm saying maybe she was not looking for trouble? Maybe she was totally unprepared for such backlash because the very idea was a foreign concept to her? Not everyone grows up in a rough neighbourhood, even in Thailand. For whatever reason she felt safe in berating them, maybe she was polite at first and one of them called her a dumb cunt so she then insulted them back? We don't know, what we do know is that even if one of these "men" would have given her a slap by himself it would be too much of a scummy action but ALL of them, with kicks and punches? Who actually expects that? That is why it is so shocking to the viewer, BECAUSE it was so not expected, therefore not a level of "trouble"  usually proportional to the risk....for a woman among civilised fellow humans. If a man did that, berated them, then maybe you would say well what can you expect, fair enough, but these scummy pussies ganged up on a woman who just wanted to enjoy a meal in peace.

• Like 2

The woman did not "ask" the Chinese diners to quiet down. She was clearly shouting while waving her arms over their table and pointing at the Chinese, a disrespectful gesture in Thailand. Her behavior started the conflict. Too bad she didn't really ask as reported by the restaurant owner. 

• Like 2

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

27 minutes ago, likeaking said:

The woman did not "ask" the Chinese diners to quiet down. She was clearly shouting while waving her arms over their table and pointing at the Chinese, a disrespectful gesture in Thailand. Her behavior started the conflict. Too bad she didn't really ask as reported by the restaurant owner. 

It's hard to say definitively but it looks like she started off just asking and then possibly got a disrespectful reply so she responded in kind. Either way, doesn't justify them attacking a woman, smashing up the restaurant and trying to getaway in their vehicles.

2 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

It's hard to say definitively but it looks like she started off just asking and then possibly got a disrespectful reply so she responded in kind. Either way, doesn't justify them attacking a woman, smashing up the restaurant and trying to getaway in their vehicles.

There's a longer video om YouTube with an interview with a guy I assume is the owner at the end, pity I don't speak Thai, it might be more enlightening.

10 minutes ago, Ohyesuare said:

I wonder why she was carrying her purse. If the loud Chinese were bothering her and she was leaving she just should have done so. Yes, there's no excuse for Chinese's response. 

Edited by likeaking

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

45 minutes ago, likeaking said:

I wonder why she was carrying her purse. If the loud Chinese were bothering her and she was leaving she just should have done so. Yes, there's no excuse for Chinese's response. 

Maybe she was carrying her purse because if she left it at her table while she went to ask them to keep it down it could be stolen? Perhaps even by one of these criminal scumbags.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, slaine said:

There's a longer video om YouTube with an interview with a guy I assume is the owner at the end, pity I don't speak Thai, it might be more enlightening.

Don't be shy..post a link..why wouldn't you?

Appalling behaviour by the noisy group. 

I stayed in a hotel in BKK a couple of years ago where 90%+ of the guests were mainland Chinese, they appeared to be middle class types. The breakfast was a nightmare, 2 or 4 people would sit at a tiny table, about a foot apart from each other, and converse by shouting at the tops of their voices. Non Chinese guests either ate their breakfast outside by the pool or waited until the tour groups had left. 

I can imagine the noise levels that prompted the lady to request that the Chinese group keep the noise levels down. 

The BiB are likely under instruction not to upset too many Chinese tourists, hence the tap on the wrists. A few weeks in a Thai prison, after informing the other prisoners of what they are there for, would have been more appropriate for these pussies. 

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

you just don't know what is "Chinese group".

Watched the opening gambit again

If the complainant was oh so polite and demure ...why has she arranged the 'tag-a-long' phone video-er?  Could it possibly be come vid me paying out on these Chinese for my facebook page (or whatever)

Brings to mind the old adage "Control your bitch, as she'll get you killed" (which is old, sage advice for the naive vis a vis smart mouthing woman lights a fuse, recipient ups the game, her sir Galahad responds and gets annihilated)

5 hours ago, likeaking said:

I see women doing the finger pointing thing all the time, I'm not sure I'd call it disrespectful (more assertive or confrontational, like shouting). You see it happening in casual conversations to emphasize a point, something you will pretty much never see in other Asian countries.

I can see why Chinese might interpret it as disrespectful, it probably would be if a Chinese person did it (can't recall anyone in China wagging their finger at someone). Even so, I'm trying to imagine a table full of Europeans, getting up to assault a woman who assertively told them to be quiet lol. It's unimaginable. I think Chinese have anger management issues, at perceived signs of disrespect, which is not all that different from Thai people I guess - but I'm not even sure Thai men would go this far unless the woman landed a hand on them.

Edited by sabato