IGNORED

Riviera Jomtien

Flyinloww

My wife and I will be staying in what appears to be a really nice two bedroom two bath condo at Riviera Jomtien next November. I know most of you prefer to stay in Pattaya but last time we liked the more relaxed Jomtien area. The baht bus is fairly close to get to Pattaya easily. Two bedroom was a requirement since we both intend to enjoy the area to the fullest. 

I know it just recently opened, has anyone stayed there yet?

My wife and I will be staying in what appears to be a really nice two bedroom two bath condo at Riviera Jomtien next November. I know most of you prefer to stay in Pattaya but last time we liked the more relaxed Jomtien area. The baht bus is fairly close to get to Pattaya easily. Two bedroom was a requirement since we both intend to enjoy the area to the fullest. 

We had some visitors who stayed there for a couple of weeks and they loved it

• 2 years later...
On 30/01/2020 at 12:18, Flyinloww said:

Hey buddy,I know this is an ancient post and much will have changed but I am heading there in June, any tips about the surrounding are you can share would be great, we are looking at a quieter family holiday with the odd escape for me to the other end of the beach for me.

Never stayed there before any good local spots (massage shops restaurants etc) or getting about tips you’d care to share from your time?

1 hour ago, Rixxx said:

Hey buddy,I know this is an ancient post and much will have changed but I am heading there in June, any tips about the surrounding are you can share would be great, we are looking at a quieter family holiday with the odd escape for me to the other end of the beach for me.

Never stayed there before any good local spots (massage shops restaurants etc) or getting about tips you’d care to share from your time?

Although this thread is a few years old, and Covid will have changed things, I have updated it until a couple of years ago:

The Riviera is on Jomtien Second Rd, just before Soi 14. There are numerous restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk. Baht buses run along the Beach Road and most will go as far as Soi 14, though you’ll have to walk the length of the Soi each time. (About 15 minutes?)

I rarely venture any further along Jomtien than about Soi 7 as there are lots of restaurants, bars etc between the Statue and Soi 7.

There are plenty of restaurants further down though so you’ll have choice. Bars are mainly around the arch, on Soi Whitehouse and Soi 7, p,us the remnants of Rhompo. massage shops for ‘extras’ on Soi 6, with a few others scattered about.

I don’t know how much has changed in the last 2 years so maybe someone else can give recent updates.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

@davidge

My knowledge of Jomtien is very poor, going to venture there in next few days before I come home.

Can you plese suggest any condo blocks that are close to the baht bus route and in the area that you mention (up to soi 7) e.g. View Talay 2.

16 minutes ago, penboy said:

@davidge

My knowledge of Jomtien is very poor, going to venture there in next few days before I come home.

Can you plese suggest any condo blocks that are close to the baht bus route and in the area that you mention (up to soi 7) e.g. View Talay 2.

Depending on your budget, there are VT1, 2, 5, 7, Jomtien Plaza Condo, Jomtien Complex Condo, Neo Condo, Shining Star, Jomtien Plaza Residence, View Talay Residences, Jomtien Thip, The Gallery.

A little further down there is the budget option of Jomtien Beach Condos, and several more.

I’ve stayed in VT2, VT5, VT7, Jomtien Complex and Neo and a friend has stayed in Jomtien Plaza if anyone wants more info. I’ve visited most of the others.

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Depending on your budget, there are VT1, 2, 5, 7, Jomtien Plaza Condo, Jomtien Complex Condo, Neo Condo, Shining Star, Jomtien Plaza Residence, View Talay Residences, Jomtien Thip, The Gallery.

A little further down there is the budget option of Jomtien Beach Condos, and several more.

I’ve stayed in VT2, VT5, VT7, Jomtien Complex and Neo and a friend has stayed in Jomtien Plaza if anyone wants more info. I’ve visited most of the others.

That's very helpful thanks. I may well go to an agent and see what's available after having a wander round.

4 minutes ago, penboy said:

That's very helpful thanks. I may well go to an agent and see what's available after having a wander round.

For most of these condos (but not all) you are better off doing ‘walk-ins’ and speaking to agents actually inside the buildings on the ground floor.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

Although this thread is a few years old, and Covid will have changed things, I have updated it until a couple of years ago:

The Riviera is on Jomtien Second Rd, just before Soi 14. There are numerous restaurants within a 10-15 minute walk. Baht buses run along the Beach Road and most will go as far as Soi 14, though you’ll have to walk the length of the Soi each time. (About 15 minutes?)

I rarely venture any further along Jomtien than about Soi 7 as there are lots of restaurants, bars etc between the Statue and Soi 7.

There are plenty of restaurants further down though so you’ll have choice. Bars are mainly around the arch, on Soi Whitehouse and Soi 7, p,us the remnants of Rhompo. massage shops for ‘extras’ on Soi 6, with a few others scattered about.

I don’t know how much has changed in the last 2 years so maybe someone else can give recent updates.

Much appreciated, about what I thought but was hoping the walk down 14 was shorter. I’ll add my own findings in a couple of months.

15 minutes ago, Rixxx said:

Much appreciated, about what I thought but was hoping the walk down 14 was shorter. I’ll add my own findings in a couple of months.

700 meter or 9 minutes according to google map from Riviera Jomtien to beach road down Soi 14.

2 minutes ago, CampariO said:

700 meter or 9 minutes according to google map from Riviera Jomtien to beach road down Soi 14.

In Pattaya I ALWAYS add 50-100% to the time shown in Google maps due to heat and terrain (and my walking slowly anyway!).