IGNORED

Great fast bowler , Bob Willis RIP

jocky king

A sad news of a great fast England bowler , Bob Willis died today age 70 (1949-2019) . Enjoyed watching him playing in test cricket years back ,  

RIP ... God only takes the best 

ADFCE553-2062-4A65-975C-D3BEA50D3064.png

Edited by jocky king
  • Sad 3

R.I.P Bob Willis..this is terrible news. As a Queenslander I hated the Poms when they played Australia but I loved watching Bob Willis bowl. He was a great player!

• Thanks 1

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

Among the highlights who can forget the `81` Headingley test v Australia, when himself (8-43) and Ian Botham made an almost impossible scenario come true!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vimto66 said:

Among the highlights who can forget the `81` Headingley test v Australia, when himself (8-43) and Ian Botham made an almost impossible scenario come true!

That was the best test series ever to watch

RIP to the great man Bob Willis 

Edited by Mickyboy

He, and Beefy, gave me one of the best days of my life! No exaggeration. I will never forget it.

indeed one of my few regrets in life is that I was in Leeds that day and didn’t go. A look at the crowd in the video shows what we all thought - it would be an Aussie walk-over.

For those too young to remember it, here it is. A bit long but well worth a watch.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Shock at this news. Only 70 years old. Remember the Headingly test vividly.

Saw Bob on sky coverage of summer ashes looked ok. Still a shock, being 64 you think how long you got to go.

Enjoy life now while you still can.

• Like 3

RIP, sad news indeed. 

Passed away at 70. I didn't see him play, but enjoyed his commentary and guest appearances. Very unique bowling style indeed.

................................................................................................................

One of my first memories watching the Poms in 82/83 at the MCG - the crowd chanting 'Willis is a wanker' and Bob was hamming it up and the Aussie crowds seemed to like him. It had this 10 year old hooked on cricket. 

It had a thrilling finish, with Border and Thommo falling 3 runs short of an improbable victory.

RIP Bob

10 hours ago, whitespider said:

He, and Beefy, gave me one of the best days of my life! No exaggeration. I will never forget it.

indeed one of my few regrets in life is that I was in Leeds that day and didn’t go. A look at the crowd in the video shows what we all thought - it would be an Aussie walk-over.

For those too young to remember it, here it is. A bit long but well worth a watch.

Thank you for this, loved it, to think it was almost 40 years ago is a frightening thought, RIP Bob...legend