Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

J C not happy in Thailand?

danny78

“The water’s getting hot and the frogs are jumping out”.

Not a bad analogy. Well said that man.

Pattaya is like enjoying yourself -it's not for everyone.

43 minutes ago, The Kid Kabugle said:

Not only the French that are leaving.

Be like a dog,

" if you cant eat it, play with it, or fuck it. Piss on it and walk away."

He definetly got a pint.

But does any thai care?

Dont think so...

5 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Whinger!

Cheap, Cheap, Cheap .... why is not as cheap as it was when I arrived 19 years ago?

It's been obvious for years that the Thai govt. only tolerated retirees to help the economy, but they weren't really wanted. Now the economy is booming so they don't need us anymore.

Can't say I blame them. The most important thing in Thailand is respect, and Farangs in general aren't very respectful lately. Just look at all these Youtube videos people make exposing the seedier side of the country, the countless news stories in the press about Thai prostitution, even many guys on here calling their women hookers. Is it any wonder why they are done cutting Farangs any slack?

And that guy in the video came off as a whiner trying to tell the Thai govt how to run their country, very disrespectful. I don't think that was his intention, but that's the way it seemed to me, and I'm a native english speaker. 

Would your country take kindly to a foreigner telling them how to run your country, I doubt it.

4 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

It's been obvious for years that the Thai govt. only tolerated retirees to help the economy, but they weren't really wanted. Now the economy is booming so they don't need us anymore.

Well, it's clear their economy is not exactly booming.

But yes, it is not up the shitter, like it was when they introduced retirement visas.

11 minutes ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Well, it's clear their economy is not exactly booming.

But yes, it is not up the shitter, like it was when they introduced retirement visas.

I guess it depends on your personal definition of the word booming. But in the last 5 years, wages are up, real estate is up, tourist arrivals are up, value of the baht is up, etc.

I don't think a Pattaya bar being slow has any effect in the overall scheme of things.

I agree with all of this.....

Things did not get like this overnight.....

Each new immigration change for the last 10 years has been for the worse....

So it seems the only change immigration wants is more bad change....So expect more bad...

6 minutes ago, fforest said:

I agree with all of this.....

Things did not get like this overnight.....

Each new immigration change for the last 10 years has been for the worse....

So it seems the only change immigration wants is more bad change....So expect more bad...

They want tourists nothing else, still a hell of a lot more generous on their definition of a "tourist" than most of the countries we're from

Merging this with an existing thread.

image.png

For those who's main grievance with Thailand are the visa issues but want to stay long term, Thailand Elite sounds like a possible solution. Yes it is expensive but no need for government mandated health insurance (yet), no required bank balance and help opening a bank, easy to come in and out of Thailand and help with 90 day reporting. TM30 still a hassle but doesn't seem like a big enough problem to leave Thailand over IMO.

34 minutes ago, ginseng said:

For those who's main grievance with Thailand are the visa issues but want to stay long term, Thailand Elite sounds like a possible solution. Yes it is expensive but no need for government mandated health insurance (yet), no required bank balance and help opening a bank, easy to come in and out of Thailand and help with 90 day reporting. TM30 still a hassle but doesn't seem like a big enough problem to leave Thailand over IMO.

The 5 year Elite visa has many problems...Its 100% cash up front....If you change your mind you shit out of luck.....Plus 17,000 dollars is not by any stretch of the imagination a bargain when after 5 years you have ZERO... 

Immigration keeps making us jump through hoops for the same reason that the cops stop every other motorcyle that rides by - MONEY!

I just used an agent for the first time to renew my retirement visa. Immigration pocketed 13,000 baht from the transaction. The alternative was to put 800,000 baht into a Thai bank. Either way they are getting our money. It isn't that they like us or dislike us, or they want us here or don't want us here. They want our money. The hotels and go-gos are getting our money, so why not Immigration and the banks too.

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

30 minutes ago, ginseng said:

Remember they can change the law over night and do away with that Thailand "elite" visa. Thailand isn't sounding very elite to me these days! 

2 hours ago, danny78 said:

Remember they can change the law over night and do away with that Thailand "elite". 

That is why I have concluded to stay in the West and play in Thailand, The rules change every five minutes, nothing is set in stone and you could be turfed out on a whim.

In regards to JC, it was a good effort but it will fall on deaf ears, he may even attract unwanted attention. 

9 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

I guess it depends on your personal definition of the word booming.

Not a personal opinion.

Just look at the statement the Thai Govt put out yesterday.

4 hours ago, robhardwire said:

They want tourists nothing else, still a hell of a lot more generous on their definition of a "tourist" than most of the countries we're from

Once upon a time, it was about reciprocal agreements with other countries.

8 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Not a personal opinion.

Just look at the statement the Thai Govt put out yesterday.

I'd like to see it. Can you post a link, so we're on the same page?

On 19/11/2019 at 11:41, The Kid Kabugle said:

Actually a bungled analogy - kind of a Yogi Berra-ism ("Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded. :laugh:). Hope that's not the best he's got.

Point is, put a frog in hot water and he jumps right out. Put him in cool water (that's getting hot) and turn up the heat and he'll boil to death.

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

21 hours ago, cjtrader said:

Immigration keeps making us jump through hoops for the same reason that the cops stop every other motorcyle that rides by - MONEY!

I just used an agent for the first time to renew my retirement visa. Immigration pocketed 13,000 baht from the transaction. The alternative was to put 800,000 baht into a Thai bank. Either way they are getting our money. It isn't that they like us or dislike us, or they want us here or don't want us here. They want our money. The hotels and go-gos are getting our money, so why not Immigration and the banks too.

May I ask how you know "immigration pocketed 13K Baht" ?

So you've circumvented the law and illegally got an agent to help you do that and if you're found out you'll be mad at Thailand, yes ? Again,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

And how would your depositing 800K Baht in YOUR account be them "getting (y)our money" ?

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

23 hours ago, fforest said:

The 5 year Elite visa has many problems...Its 100% cash up front....If you change your mind you shit out of luck.....Plus 17,000 dollars is not by any stretch of the imagination a bargain when after 5 years you have ZERO... 

TE visa is not without risks I agree. It is not cheap but in my personal situation it is the only viable option and I will be getting one next year in spite of it's imperfections. I understand it's not for everyone and wish there were a more perfect solution but I haven't found it and need to stay in Thailand long term without hassle so Thai Elite it is.

Archived