IGNORED

Eva Air Business

mercmanrob

Anyone had experience of Eva Air business? Just looking to change from Thai, due to my very poor last flight, put me right off going with them again. Thanks in advance 

Friend of mine took it, they are used to BA first class, said it was “ok”. 

for me it’s $5000 from Seattle... no way am I paying that for an airplane ride. 

12 minutes ago, mercmanrob said:

Anyone had experience of Eva Air business? Just looking to change from Thai, due to my very poor last flight, put me right off going with them again. Thanks in advance 

3 direct choices LHR-BKK, EVA, Thai & BA. I’ve used all 3 and EVA easily the best, BA easily the worst. As a rough guide, I’d give BA 2 out of 10, Thai 5 and EVA 8.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

2 minutes ago, davidge said:

3 direct choices LHR-BKK, EVA, Thai & BA. I’ve used all 3 and EVA easily the best, BA easily the worst. As a rough guide, I’d give BA 2 out of 10, Thai 5 and EVA 8.

Thanks for that, really helpful. My rule is never fly BA, but good to hear you rate Eva well above Thai.

I was going to try Turkish due to their good reviews, but they are more expensive than Eva for an indirect flight!

22 minutes ago, davidge said:

I have flown both Eva & Thai Business many times over the ;last few decades.

Why do you rate Eva well above Thai ???

Not sure if it's the same from the USA.  EVA has 3 classes of service.  I consider their best class to be business.  From the states it is on 777s and lie flat seats in a 1-2-1 configuration.  Very good.  Quality staff.  OK food.  Lot of booze.  Make sure your buddy wasn't in their middle class which is really a premium economy.

And for fourrings, EVA is currently running a biz class special from Seattle for around $3900.  I am on it January 6.  :D

47 minutes ago, Jack Frost said:

I have flown both Eva & Thai Business many times over the ;last few decades.

Why do you rate Eva well above Thai ???

I’ve posted reviews somewhere on here but Eva were very good indeed on each flight - 2 return journeys in recent years. Thai were good on one flight, average on 2 and very poor indeed on one - also 2 return journeys in recent years.

Eva heads and shoulders above them on service & food and I much prefer the seating on Eva to the Thai A380. One Thai flight was on another (Older) plane and that was awful. I think my comment in another thread was that Eva left me feeling just a little bit special whereas Thai left me feeling like just another passenger.

Eva lounge at BKK better than Thai as well. No difference at LHR as you can use any Star Alliance lounge.

The only advantage of Thai over Eva is the dedicated check-in at Suvarnabhumi and the complimentary porters there.

Unfortunately, Eva have been considerably more expensive than the others for my last couple of flights - though I’m tempted to just pay the extra after my truly dreadful experience with BA last time. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davidge said:

Eva heads and shoulders above them on service & food and I much prefer the seating on Eva to the Thai A380. One Thai flight was on another (Older) plane and that was awful. I think my comment in another thread was that Eva left me feeling just a little bit special whereas Thai left me feeling like just another passenger.

Eva lounge at BKK better than Thai as well. No difference at LHR as you can use any Star Alliance lounge.

The only advantage of Thai over Eva is the dedicated check-in at Suvarnabhumi and the complimentary porters there.

Unfortunately, Eva have been considerably more expensive than the others for my last couple of flights - though I’m tempted to just pay the extra after my truly dreadful experience with BA last time. 

Have flown them both a lot in Business, agree with this review, except I have normally found Eva cheaper from LHR-BKK.

Whatever you do, avoid BA !!!

My February/March flight lhr-bkk comes in at £2025 with eva-which I consider good value, with Thai approx £300 more, didn’t even look at BA. I find momondo the best for business, any other suggestions?

2 hours ago, mercmanrob said:

My February/March flight lhr-bkk comes in at £2025 with eva-which I consider good value, with Thai approx £300 more, didn’t even look at BA. I find momondo the best for business, any other suggestions?

I don’t fly that time of year, usually fly July and December. I haven’t found Eva for under about £2150 the last couple of trips. Thai often drop fares later than other airlines but no guarantees.

I use Kayak & Skyscanner to check fares, though usually book direct with the airline.

You’ll find cheaper if you fly indirect, it’s just a matter of how much more you’re prepared to pay to fly direct. 

Edit: I did a check on random dates in Feb/Mar and the same airlines came up as when I check for my dates.

Air China £1450, El Al £1550, Royal Jordanian £1700, Oman £1800. I’ve left some European airlines out.

RJ are meant to be ok but have a long stopover on the way back. Oman are meant to be very good but for £250 more I’d probably fly direct with Eva.

You’re welcome.

If you don’t mind a short hop (not in proper Biz) then a long flight then Swiss/Lufthansa, KLM/Air France and Finnair often have fares in the £1600-1800 range.

Flying with Eva in two weeks business with an upgrade with airmiles.

Used business class before and well pleased.

I have only flown premium economy with Eva from LHR to BKK a number of times. The Business class product looks really good and another passenger who had flown Business Class told me it was very good service. They don't have First Class.

I flew business class on this trip. I upgraded from Premium Econ to Business Class on just the overseas leg into Taipei. It cost me 35k in miles.

Service and food options are excellent.
It was nice being able to sleep comfortably on the flight.
Seat reclines to flat position and is very roomy (I’m 5’10”)

Note: only certain classes of Prem Econ allow you to upgrade. It took some careful planning, cuz I typically purchase the lowest-priced (super saver?) Prem Econ class which doesn’t allow miles-upgrades.

Here are some pics, but there are some good videos on YouTube that give a complete review.

a03c582f61332a86f0bb86dd3b27e762.jpg140ce6d40b29aeede36e221c054ef452.jpge7de4f44f8b97be88b4cbfc387bac10f.jpgafd9f70508b9da42a2c527c65c7bfc7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 15/11/2019 at 22:45, davidge said:

I’ve posted reviews somewhere on here but Eva were very good indeed on each flight - 2 return journeys in recent years. Thai were good on one flight, average on 2 and very poor indeed on one - also 2 return journeys in recent years.

You are certainly a EVA air Business class fan.

I have just booked Thai Business class for next month.

Would do do first but the prices are super crazy.

May be EVA another time for me.

• 1 month later...

From the west coast of the states, EVA business to and from bkk is the best imho. Lie flat seats for both hops, the long hop flight is overnight so it makes it easy to sleep 8 hours of the 11 hour flight. The staff and amenities are top notch, wifi is great (unlike some other carriers..looking at you hong kong airlines).

The best priced one way ticket I've been able to snag was around ~$1400 but ymmv.

Expedia is great when booking as well because they allow free cancellation within 24 hours no questions asked, so for last minute bookings and flexibility I really like EVA/expedia. Their premium economy is also nice.

Edited by randomuserx

On 28/01/2020 at 06:07, Jack Frost said:

I have just booked Thai Business class for next month.

How was it?

I have flown business with Thai and Eva many times and have to say that Eva is by far the better of the two.

Add me to the growing list - EVA business has been much better than Thai in my experience.

I would rate EVA’s business class product very high. It used to be below Cathay IMHO, but Cathay has fallen off quite a bit.

I’m booked in Qatar Q-Suites in November, and they are reputed to ge the best biz class seats these days. Looking forward to checking them out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Used both Eva and Thai . Eva definitely the better product .

I have my first EVA Air flight tomorrow in Business class. Hoping for a safe, and comfortable flight.

TGOEA

I had my flight out with Eva last Thursday, it was superb. The food was as good, if not better than Thai first, service was excellent, seat was really comfortable especially when down with the mattress topper on. Highly recommend, loads better than Thai business, will definitely use again.

Anyone know if Eva still flying to London?

Mate is booked to fly back on 27th and he is worried?