IGNORED

90 day report for 800K in the bank

usexpat46

Did the 90 report today and you don't need to stop at the front desk to get a number.  Go directly to station #8 with your report date letter, passport, bankbook, a copy of your bank book which shows your balance updated today and the page with your name, and a copy of your passport showing your info page and the page that has your last retirement extension.  Sign those 4 pages and give them to the person who sits at that station (along with the 90 day report letter) which is also where you picked up your passport when you did the renewal of your retirement extension 90 days earlier. 

Am I reading this correctly for the 90 report you need to have all those documents?

15 hours ago, Rocketboy said:

Am I reading this correctly for the 90 report you need to have all those documents?

Only the new 90 day report for those that use the 800K baht in a Thai bank for the financial requirement for the retirement extension.  It is only done once during  the current 1 year extension.  So basically one not only needs 800K baht in a Thai bank 3 months prior to renewing their extension but also 3 months after receiving their extension.

16 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

90 days report for 800K in the bank //

You should not call that "90 days report" as it's very confusing with the normal 90 days report that anyone who stay at least 90 days consecutively has to do.

Maybe something like : 3 months 800k report

17 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

So basically one not only needs 800K baht in a Thai bank 3 months prior to renewing their extension but also 3 months after receiving their extension.

The requirement is 3 months after but 2 months prior to renewal.

32 minutes ago, Oukiva said:

You should not call that "90 days report" as it's very confusing with the normal 90 days report that anyone who stay at least 90 days consecutively has to do.

Maybe something like : 3 months 800k report

No its exactly 90 days as there is no grace period before or after (unless its a weekend or holiday) unlike the other 90 day report..  Not confusing as your given a letter with the 90 day report date stamped on it when you apply for the renewal, also for those that have been continuously on the retirement extension since 1998 the financial requirement is only 200K baht.  It's been a little over 20 years since they increased the amount, I wonder when they'll do the next increase?

3 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Yes I was confused because I recently as of the first of this month went for 90 report on my first retirement visa which is good until February 2020. All that was required was my passport.

21 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Yes I was confused because I recently as of the first of this month went for 90 report on my first retirement visa which is good until February 2020. All that was required was my passport.

Did you read the title of this topic?

4 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Getting a little snippy are we! :) 

Yes I read it, but actually read more of what you wrote and that's why I was confused! 555

46 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

Getting a little snippy are we! :) 

Yes I read it, but actually read more of what you wrote and that's why I was confused! 555

OK, next time I'll run it by Viva to see if it makes sense.

1 hour ago, usexpat46 said:

OK, next time I'll run it by Viva to see if it makes sense.

Viva from Kinnaree? 555 Now I'm really confused! :sad:

1 minute ago, Rocketboy said:

Viva from Kinnaree? 555 Now I'm really confused! :sad:

Yes from KFC, if a Thai can understand me then our BMs should have no trouble.  Saw her a couple weeks ago coming back from immigration.

7 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

Yes from KFC, if a Thai can understand me then our BMs should have no trouble.  Saw her a couple weeks ago coming back from immigration.

Ok, I'm going to gracefully bow out of this before it gets any uglier!

8 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

Perhaps "1 year extension report/visit" would've been clearer ?

Or is that not the visit you are referring to ? :Dunno:

"When somebody shows you who they are, believe them" - Maya Angelou

9 hours ago, sulu said:

Perhaps "1 year extension report/visit" would've been clearer ?

Or is that not the visit you are referring to ? :Dunno:

Not really.  This is a new policy implemented earlier this year and only pertains to those that use the 800K in a Thai bank to satisfy the financial requirement.  It must be done on the exact date that is stamped on the letter that station 8 gives you after you've completed the 1 year extension renewal.

Not really.  This is a new policy implemented earlier this year and only pertains to those that use the 800K in a Thai bank to satisfy the financial requirement.  It must be done on the exact date that is stamped on the letter that station 8 gives you after you've completed the 1 year extension renewal.

Have to wonder what a person can do if they're out of the country on that date.

10 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

// This is a new policy implemented earlier this year and only pertains to those that use the 800K in a Thai bank to satisfy the financial requirement.  It must be done on the exact date that is stamped on the letter that station 8 gives you //

Have to wonder what a person can do if they're out of the country on that date.

Not at "the exact date" but just "not before".

Police Order says that money must be kept "at least 3 month after" renewal.

Jomtien Immigration said that it's not problem to make this report/check the earlier you can if ever you are not in the country. Probably safer in such a case to keep 800k in the bank until this report, even if more than 3 months.

Threads like this are a great advertisement for using the 65K per month method or Agents...far too much running around for me...

I assume using an agent will work and make things easier.   For a fee of course,

Thanks for the report on this. I did my extension today using the 800k method and will pick up my passport tomorrow.

When I pick it up I'll ask about the report date and see if I get the same answer and also ask specifically about any leeway for reporting late.

5 hours ago, Goolabert said:

Thanks for the report on this. I did my extension today using the 800k method and will pick up my passport tomorrow.

When I pick it up I'll ask about the report date and see if I get the same answer and also ask specifically about any leeway for reporting late.

They should have given you the letter with the report date today, at least they did with me back in mid August.

14 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Not at "the exact date" but just "not before".

Police Order says that money must be kept "at least 3 month after" renewal.

Jomtien Immigration said that it's not problem to make this report/check the earlier you can if ever you are not in the country. Probably safer in such a case to keep 800k in the bank until this report, even if more than 3 months.

I'm missing something, am I not ? :Crazy1:

13 hours ago, sulu said:

I'm missing something, am I not ? :Crazy1:

I though it was clear :unsure:: If you are not here at the 3-months report date, then make the report "the earlier you can"... once you come back in Pattaya.

1 hour ago, Oukiva said:

I though it was clear :unsure:: If you are not here at the 3-months report date, then make the report "the earlier you can"... once you come back in Pattaya.

I understand what you're saying, but to help a little bit, the correct English is "the earliest you can". Use of the word earlier in the context of the sentence is where the confusion was coming in.

8 hours ago, Oukiva said:

Ahhhh. OK, got it. Thanks.

I just picked up my passport Thursday after dropping off my extension paperwork on Wednesday for a one year extension for retirement using the 800k in the bank method.

I did not get the paper about doing the proof of money 90 days later but when I submitted my package the lady handed me a form and said "sign this" so I signed it and handed it back to her. I think that might have been the letter that I was supposed to keep.

When picking up the passport I asked about the letter and the girl said I should have received it the day before. She said i didn't really need it though but just come back on 10 Feb to show the proof of funds.

I then asked specifically about reporting late and she said that was ok but didn't say any more than that. Although that is a good sign that is just one person saying so and she didn't give any time frame such as one week or two weeks etc. She was pretty busy and didn't really want to take the time to answer questions.

I'll make a point of reporting on the exact day if at all possible and any policy on late reporting should be worked out long before I do it again next year.

On 13/11/2019 at 21:53, usexpat46 said:

They should have given you the letter with the report date today, at least they did with me back in mid August.

Archived