Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

90 day report for 800K in the bank

usexpat46

I would have thought that people using this method (well some of them) would like to report as soon as they were able... ie: the date given by Immigration to come back, bank records  in hand, to free up the 400K that they are able to draw on... IMO, reporting late, you will still need the 800K sitting there on the day you report. Be interesting to see how it works...

59 minutes ago, Goolabert said:

I just picked up my passport Thursday after dropping off my extension paperwork on Wednesday for a one year extension for retirement using the 800k in the bank method.

I did not get the paper about doing the proof of money 90 days later but when I submitted my package the lady handed me a form and said "sign this" so I signed it and handed it back to her. I think that might have been the letter that I was supposed to keep.

When picking up the passport I asked about the letter and the girl said I should have received it the day before. She said i didn't really need it though but just come back on 10 Feb to show the proof of funds.

I then asked specifically about reporting late and she said that was ok but didn't say any more than that. Although that is a good sign that is just one person saying so and she didn't give any time frame such as one week or two weeks etc. She was pretty busy and didn't really want to take the time to answer questions.

I'll make a point of reporting on the exact day if at all possible and any policy on late reporting should be worked out long before I do it again next year.

Make sure you update your bankbook on the date you report as another guy that followed me hadn't and was told to do the update.

Archived