IGNORED

Mexican restaurant

revan00

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

While not authentic Mexican, Tigglebittles is popular with my Canadian mates and I have enjoyed my meals in there, Texmex is how it has been described to me.

While I have enjoyed TacoTaco, I consider it poor value.

There is a Mexican place on Pratamak Soi 5, think its run by Peruvians, next to DOM, intend to try it soon.

I have tried the place out near the lake, Taco house I think its called, found it bland. 

I enjoy Mexican at Tigglebitties. I also enjoy the tacos at Taco House near the lake.  Yum yum

32 minutes ago, WhiteThai said:

For you old-timers, what was the name of the Mexican food stall at Carrefour food court many years ago. Can't remember the name, but the food was killer.

Bobs?

1 hour ago, WhiteThai said:

For you old-timers, what was the name of the Mexican food stall at Carrefour food court many years ago. Can't remember the name, but the food was killer.

Big AL's?

Edited by Abracadabra

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png

6 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Bobs?

6 hours ago, Abracadabra said:

Big AL's?

Both sound familiar. I think the place was owned by a regular restaurant that used to advertise on pattaya mail TV, if that helps. 

Since I live here now and can't/won't go back to the US for decent Mexican food, I'm a bit less critical about any pseudo-Mexican food here in Thailand. I'm just happy there is something close. :-) 

A couple of weeks ago I was at the new (to me) Mexican place on Soi Buakhao across from Witherspoons and the old Oasis Agogo. The quantity was more than I could eat, and the quality (to me) was good enough for Pattaya-Mex. Not what you'd get in Texas, or SoCal, or anywhere like that, but not bad for shop on the other side of the planet from Mexico. I think it's named something like Mexican Cafe but really, I'm unsure of the name. From the furnishings and fittings though, it's obviously someplace trying to do a Mexican menu, so finding it on Soi Buakhao should be easy. 

6 hours ago, WhiteThai said:

Both sound familiar. I think the place was owned by a regular restaurant that used to advertise on pattaya mail TV, if that helps. 

Pretty sure it was Bobs BBQ, who originally opened up on South Pattaya Road, before moving to LK Metro, and went to open up a stall in Carrefour.

• Thanks 1

I will give the Mexican place on Bukhao a second try.  The menu is great and it is a good set up.  My first trip there food not so good. (Am told it is Brit owned)

i like Sue’s for food and Taco Taco for margaritas.  

used to like Tequilla Reef for many years .....a shame how that place went down.  Had a lot of good times there

Edited by bonlondon

Reason I enjoy Taco House restaurant ground beef tacos is because it’s a copy of Taco Bell in the states. Enjoy 

5 hours ago, Leo_Bia said:

Pretty sure it was Bobs BBQ, who originally opened up on South Pattaya Road, before moving to LK Metro, and went to open up a stall in Carrefour.

Dsc01825.thumb.jpg.024baf822861af8a2b9e94bf628d1cd8.jpg

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Leo_Bia said:

19 baht for a taco, those really were the good 'ole days. Thanks for finding that. :Number1a:

It really brings back some good memories.

Edited by WhiteThai

I know this thread is about Mexican food in Pattaya, however since most of us frequent Bangkok I wanted to tell everyone about a nice Mexican restaurant in Bangkok.

The restaurant is called “Charley Browns Mexicans”.

They have a nice menu with very tasty Mexican food. Nice margaritas with other beer and cocktail options.

It is a short walk from Terminal 21 in Asoke off Sukhumvit 19.

https://www.charleybrownsmexicana.com/

bf27499e37148dacbc065fe622b41262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you very much for all the replies everyone. It never even occurred to me to eat Mexican food in Thailand but some of the pictures look impressive. Will definitely keep these places in mind.

7 minutes ago, Rocketboy said:

This is the place on Soi Buakhao. I have not yet tried it. 

thanks for the pics.
let us know if you ever do try it. 
the 2 google reviews sound absolutely horrible, but who knows... 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

I wish they'd put a Taco Bell here in Patts.  The one on Soi 11 in BKK is stellar, they even serve booze.  They have dumpy places like Carls Jr. and Texas Chicken, there should be a Taco Bell.  

13 minutes ago, petehoax said:

thanks for the pics.

Well one of my friends who lives here didn't like the food at all. 

He said it was over priced and that he preferred Taco Taco. I like Taco Taco as well! 

Taco Bell !!!  Anyplace is better than them.  An insult to Mexican food.

It would be nice to have the Tijuana street tacos in Pattaya.  

• Like 2

I wish they'd put a Taco Bell here in Patts.  The one on Soi 11 in BKK is stellar, they even serve booze.  They have dumpy places like Carls Jr. and Texas Chicken, there should be a Taco Bell.  

They are opening 40 Taco Bell’s in Thailand by end of 2022.

I heard a rumor they were coming to Pattaya I just have not heard where in Pattaya.

I also agree Taco Bell is not really on par as real Mexican food, but more of an American version of Mexican style fast food.

Unfortunately I am enjoy it from time to time when nothing else seems to sound good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1183564417_ScreenShot2020-10-14at2_22_42PM.thumb.jpg.e68f7aedf27dc2d871febf3d03afa6bd.jpg

Gona have to give it a try, X-sister-in-law made great barbacoa, when visiting Juarez.

Reading this made me hungry for Mexican.  Reading PA makes me think of Patts.  Now I want some Mexican in Patts.  Damn this Covid thing sucks.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, petehoax said:

I went to eat there by myself since @dragonridertried it, didn't like it, and wouldn't go back. :-) 

First off, I have zero expectation that Mexican food in Thailand is going to be anything like Mexican food in North America, if it's close, it's good enough for me. I tried it a few weeks ago, and for me, it wasn't horrible. But also being honest, I've been to places in the Western US that had worse tasting Mexican food than the stuff at the Soi Buakhao place, so again, okay for me for a Thailand version of Mexican food. 

And since I have no idea when, if ever, I'll voluntarily go back to the US, the stuff over here is all I'm going to get, so I might as well adapt to the Thai version, or no version. I'm not ready yet to go solely with Amy's Vegetarian Burritos from Villa Market. (In Udon my choice is Amy's frozen, or Tina's frozen, but from Villa Market.) :-)

However, if I'm not being lazy, Taco Taco is still my favorite so far for vegetarian selections. My hesitation for going back to the Soi Buakhao place is more related to volume of food rather than taste of food. I was okay with the flavor. I didn't like how much was still left on the plate when I got full to the point of being uncomfortable. 

• Like 2

While Taco Bell is no authentic Mexican food, and it sure doesn't beat the dirty ass hands making a blue corn taco in zona norte - it certainly has it's place (rightly so) in the hall of fame of best drunk food.  It's up there with Pizza and Kebabs.  Taco Bell may give you the absolute drizzling shits, but those Crunchwrap Supremes, Cheesey Gordita Crunches??  Baja Blast??  Better than some barfines I've had.  

• Like 3