IGNORED

Mexican restaurant

revan00

What’s the best place for Mexican food in Pattaya? I’ll be staying on Soi 8 and google maps has a few places listed but what’s the best?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sue's place for baja style, taco taco for tex-mex. Plenty of info on here if you do a search for either.

• Like 2

Taco Taco - has a special on Tuesday’s that’s hard to beat. Gets my vote every time. 

• Like 2

3bz burrito and taco delivery has been a great source of late night food. 

Taco Taco for me I think it’s better than Sue’s Place.

i can’t comment on the other places as these are the only two I have tried. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

38 minutes ago, Joethescot said:

Taco Taco for me I think it’s better than Sue’s Place.

i can’t comment on the other places as these are the only two I have tried. 

My friend I am from Texas.....And in my opinion I will say hands down Sues place BLOWS Taco Taco out of the water....Sues place is cheaper too......

I am one and done with Taco Taco...

Sues place would just get a so so rating in Texas but for Pattaya it gets a 5 star rating....

Edited by fforest

42 minutes ago, fforest said:

My friend I am from Texas.....And in my opinion I will say hands down Sues place BLOWS Taco Taco out of the water....Sues place is cheaper too......

I am one and done with Taco Taco...

Sues place would just get a so so rating in Texas but for Pattaya it gets a 5 star rating....

fwiw, i had the absolutely worst meal i ever had in pattaya in sue's place. and liked taco taco quite well. 
3bz burrito is a good option too. 

but i'm not from texas, so what do i know about mexican food! :Dunno1:

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Wanted to try 3bz burrito but did not get a chance this time but I have been to TacoTaco a few times and I must say I am more than impressed with the quality it is excellent.

20190702_140009.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, mikkem said:

Nick id tv has just made a nice video about a great mexican restaurant in pattaya

Yeh he goes to TacoTaco excellent place to eat

1 hour ago, Madzar said:

1 hour ago, Madzar said:

Yes that's the one and good value

• 11 months later...

Interesting no mention of Tequila Reef or Mikes Mexican. Married to a Mexican for 10 years and many visits to Mexico will say the closest I'v come to Mexican food in SE Asia was a restaurant in Seam Reap. Locally Taco Taco the usual go to, but like Mikes Mexican better and requires a bit more effort to get there.

• Like 2

I haven't seen that lady Alena? Elena? At TacoTaco since lockdown, or the old Spanish fellow.  I only see Thai people working in there now.  I remember the food being better my last trip.  It's just OK now.  

Interesting no mention of Tequila Reef or Mikes Mexican. Married to a Mexican for 10 years and many visits to Mexico will say the closest I'v come to Mexican food in SE Asia was a restaurant in Seam Reap. Locally Taco Taco the usual go to, but like Mikes Mexican better and requires a bit more effort to get there.

I enjoyed Tequila Reef but they moved and I have not been to the new location due to
Covid-19 lockdown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2 hours ago, LASportsNut said:

I enjoyed Tequila Reef but they moved and I have not been to the new location due to
Covid-19 lockdown.

Is the new location still open?

They also opened a stall in Central Marina.

But I have not heard of either for months now.

4 hours ago, jetdoc said:

Tequila reef ion soi7 has been closed for a long time.

Yea, moved up near Big C Extra, not sure if still open.

While not authentic Mexican, Tigglebittles is popular with my Canadian mates and I have enjoyed my meals in there, Texmex is how it has been described to me.

While I have enjoyed TacoTaco, I consider it poor value.

There is a Mexican place on Pratamak Soi 5, think its run by Peruvians, next to DOM, intend to try it soon.

I have tried the place out near the lake, Taco house I think its called, found it bland. 

Is the new location still open?
They also opened a stall in Central Marina.
But I have not heard of either for months now.

I just googled them. They changed their name:

The Reef Cantina (Old Tequila Reef)

It appears they are still open but I am not in Pattaya to confirm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Put me down as a Taco Taco guy. They make the only Latin food in the Pattaya area that I would consider to be Mexican. Most of the others are Tex-Mex.

For you old-timers, what was the name of the Mexican food stall at Carrefour food court many years ago. Can't remember the name, but the food was killer.

I like Taco Taco. Great taco's and I love the Habanero Margharita they have on the menu but I have to agree they are relatively expensive.

IMG_20191209_211054.thumb.jpg.8edb9ede652101aac4368d3a88b3d3ad.jpgIMG_20191209_211057.thumb.jpg.28c32219dcf9f734e374db8316f29499.jpgIMG_20191209_211100.thumb.jpg.379eae7cc91547d1aa08a4ca0989a2ba.jpg

My favourite Pattaya Mexican restaurant was Dave's Cantina but unfortunately they closed some time ago. If he was in the Soi Buakow area he could have been really succesful but location location location, Soi Regional Land was just to far away for many. Sad also because Dave is a great guy and his food was top notch.  Mike's is ok in my opinion, also a little out of the way but easier to reach than Dave's with the bahtbus route to Jomtien. Never been to Sue's Place but on my list for the next trip, whenever that is.

Edited by Abracadabra

sexy-naughty.png.764576a2887de17787b7331889800d21.png