IGNORED

Hungry Hippo

I went to Hungry Hippo the other day. I had the Chicken with cashew nuts. Large portion but only a few cashew nuts 189. Baht. Rice is a separate charge. 30. Baht. A Can of coke.50.baht My bill was 269.baht. I left a 10. baht tip. 279. Baht. At 37. baht to the US dollar that is about $7.70. USD. for a simple Thai dish in a not so fancy restaurant. EXPENSIVE! in my book and not worth the price. I will not be returning as there are plenty of other places in Thailand where I can get Thai food for a cheaper price. I had eaten in both Chunky Monkey and Hungry Hippo many times before COVID and the prices were much cheaper. You have now lost me as a customer. 🙁

i have a condo with a kitchen . never been in.i live here and i walk almost everyday along buakaow and it is almost always busy. they must be doing some thng right

• Like 2

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Speaking of hungry hippos 

Areca Lodge have started a fat club meeting on Wednesday evening 

just walk in empty a bag of m&m’s on the floor 

its the best game of hungry hippos you ever will see 

On 10/09/2023 at 16:23, stevebenaulim said:

Has the Hungry Hippo been sold yet???

Not sure on specific dates, but new owner was in there last month.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've been in three times for breakfast this trip, OK but still a long-way from the early-days excellent-value pricing, and the rest of the menu looked quite-pricy now too.  Not enticing me to return.

Wonder when the original-owner will start another new version, of his original winning-formula ? :Whistle:

8 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

I've been in three times for breakfast this trip, OK but still a long-way from the early-days excellent-value pricing, and the rest of the menu looked quite-pricy now too.  Not enticing me to return.

Wonder when the original-owner will start another new version, of his original winning-formula ? :Whistle:

Time Bar in LK takes some beating for food....breakfast especially 👍

8 hours ago, semi-retired member said:

I agree it's gone quite pricey.

I had pie and chips meal with bottle of water 280฿

Dayo...

16 hours ago, dayo202 said:

I agree it's gone quite pricey.

I had pie and chips meal with bottle of water 280฿

Sorry but more fool you.......around 160 baht plus 35 baht for water at Cheap Charlies....if you have a members card the cost would be 99 baht for the meal.......:wacko:

5 hours ago, petermik said:

Sorry but more fool you.......around 160 baht plus 35 baht for water at Cheap Charlies....if you have a members card the cost would be 99 baht for the meal.......:wacko:

I was once bitten twice shy !!!.

• Like 2

Dayo...

5 hours ago, petermik said:

CC doesn't have ac and in my opinion I get more food on the plate at HH. Also HH have many single tables.( I don't like to share table with total strangers even if I accept it when asked. )

HH fara food reminds me of the food my mother cooked. 

HH beat's CC in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

So new owner HH has upped the prices?, anyone know where the old owner (Robin) has gone?