IGNORED

Steak and Co Guesthouse - Sep 2019 Review

VLG

Hi, 

I've stayed in the superior rooms at Steak and Co Guesthouse, Soi Lengkee over 8 nights last week. 

I really enjoyed staying there with the separate entrance to the rooms without having to go through the restaurants. 

The decoy was modern, smart TV was huge. The bedroom and bathrooms were spacious. And it was only 600 thb per night in September. 

You could check out the videos I have taken. 

This is the room tour:

This is the fancy lights. 

You can check out the details and book here:

https://www.steakcoguesthousepattaya.com/

Thanks @steak&co

Stayed there myself in June and for 600bht it's fantastic value, stayed a further two times but they only had standard rooms available at 500bht which still good were not as nice as the superior.

Is this the same premises as China Garden hotel?, the website seems to route to the hotel website.

................................................................................................................

59 minutes ago, Mick Pattaya said:

Is this the same premises as China Garden hotel?, the website seems to route to the hotel website.

Yes, I have not stayed there since it was China Garden. 

3 hours ago, Mick Pattaya said:

2 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

Yes, I have not stayed there since it was China Garden. 

Yup, China Garden Restaurant was morphed into Steak and Co restaurant, and they took over the next door unit and morphed it into Smokin Joe's BBQ restaurant. They redid the whole place and the rooms above Smokin Joe's. 

The superior rooms I was in was above Smokin Joe's. The standard rooms and jacuzzi rooms above Steak and co should be the same as they were since China Garden days. 

Yea, they didn't change their contact email and kept it as [email protected]

4 hours ago, spider0064 said:

Stayed there myself in June and for 600bht it's fantastic value, stayed a further two times but they only had standard rooms available at 500bht which still good were not as nice as the superior.

I was thinking of trying out the standard rooms for my month long trip in May 2020. Since I don't use the balcony at all. 

Seems like you would take the superior rooms over the standard rooms anyday. That may sway my decision to just stick to the superior rooms. Hahaha. 

When i stayed in China Garden some years ago i had the standard room forget what the number it was and the place next store was a karaoke bar and was glad when it closed down, now i have seen the new superior rooms over Smokin Joe's i may well stay there on my next trip next year seems a very good price of 18,000 baht for a 1 month stay.

10 hours ago, VLG said:

I was thinking of trying out the standard rooms for my month long trip in May 2020. Since I don't use the balcony at all. 

Seems like you would take the superior rooms over the standard rooms anyday. That may sway my decision to just stick to the superior rooms. Hahaha. 

If the price stays the same off season I would go for the superior over the standard every time, bigger rooms, nicer decoration and lighting.

For the price (500) the standard are good value and my pick in the area but superior first choice.

Not seen these prices previously and from memory always been 800/900 so maybe lowered to fill the rooms in low season also believe I seen the two buildings up for sale ?

30 minutes ago, Rainsberger said:

When i stayed in China Garden some years ago i had the standard room forget what the number it was and the place next store was a karaoke bar and was glad when it closed down, now i have seen the new superior rooms over Smokin Joe's i may well stay there on my next trip next year seems a very good price of 18,000 baht for a 1 month stay.

Do email them directly. I believe that they do offer a better rate for stays of 4 weeks and above. 

29 minutes ago, spider0064 said:

If the price stays the same off season I would go for the superior over the standard every time, bigger rooms, nicer decoration and lighting.

For the price (500) the standard are good value and my pick in the area but superior first choice.

Not seen these prices previously and from memory always been 800/900 so maybe lowered to fill the rooms in low season also believe I seen the two buildings up for sale ?

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the superior rooms then. 

The price will be the same for May. 

Yea, the owner is selling it. Both restaurants and the guesthouse operation. 

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/profitable-established-turn-key-restaurants-17-room-guesthouse-369636

I used to stay in the Jacuzzi rooms before, but also in the suite. As with most suites, the second room is somewhat useless for me and doesn't add any value. The Jacuzzi rooms are nice and comfortable and i like the layout of the room. The second entrance is a good thing to avoid going through the restaurant. My biggest concern is not even their fault, Soi Lengkee can be very loud during the night. A better noise insulation would help, but they use the same thin windows like everone else.

1 hour ago, Retskni said:

My biggest concern is not even their fault, Soi Lengkee can be very loud during the night. A better noise insulation would help, but they use the same thin windows like everone else.

Yea, some nights there's a lot of singing and dancing till 3am. Most nights there is the loud motorcycle passing by. 

I'm used to sleeping with ear plugs though, even at home. So it didn't bother me that much. Hahaha 

10 hours ago, VLG said:

Do email them directly. I believe that they do offer a better rate for stays of 4 weeks and above. 

Thanks for the advice. I'll go with the superior rooms then. 

The price will be the same for May. 

Yea, the owner is selling it. Both restaurants and the guesthouse operation. 

https://www.bahtsold.com/view/profitable-established-turn-key-restaurants-17-room-guesthouse-369636

That is disappointing to here that the present owners are selling up didn't expect that now will have to wait to see what the new owners will be like.

4 hours ago, Rainsberger said:

That is disappointing to here that the present owners are selling up didn't expect that now will have to wait to see what the new owners will be like.

I'm just going to go ahead and book it for my trip in May 2020. Even if its sold by then and the new owners decide to revamp the whole place (I doubt it given the good condition and decoration of the superior rooms). It's low season, so it's not difficult to jump to plan B. 

Steak and Co is always my plan A. Hahaha. 

Stayed there last trip in June, the street motorcycles can be bad, the jacuzzi was SLOW to fill, and tepid, was never warm..forget hot.

It..was OK, but..I would not stay again.

IYKYK

2 hours ago, speedtoy said:

Stayed there last trip in June, the street motorcycles can be bad, the jacuzzi was SLOW to fill, and tepid, was never warm..forget hot.

I never bothered with the jacuzzi rooms. So I don't know. Hahaha. 

I'll stick to the superior rooms above Smokin Joe's. 

I am just wondering if this place will go the same way as Boomerang Guest House has gone with new owners, not taking any chances with a booking until I know more about the new owners and what they are going to do, I have plenty of other options I can call on.

19 hours ago, speedtoy said:

Agree that these motorcycles are a pain in the backside the trouble with Soi Lengkee is that there are no speed humps on the road so they  are free to race up and down at speed and make as much noise as the can. 

7 hours ago, electro said:

How is the wifi  internet ,is it good enough for streaming

I hope this speedtest result is useful for you. I had no issues using the YouTube app on the smart TV steaming videos. 

Screenshot_20190929_084008.thumb.jpg.206f701890b3a76f9503c2e681cfeb52.jpg

5 hours ago, Baddave said:

Have been toying with the idea of booking a room here for my next trip. 

Think I'll hold off booking for now. 

I am just wondering if this place will go the same way as Boomerang Guest House has gone with new owners, not taking any chances with a booking until I know more about the new owners and what they are going to do, I have plenty of other options I can call on.

This is not the first time that the owner has put up the place for rent/sale. He did it once in 2014. I guess it didn't materialise back then. 

I wouldn't let this listing affect my plans. As I'm going in May which is still low season, there's lots of back up options that I can go with even at last minute notice. 

But if you are going in high season, then the considerations will be different. These days, high season is really just the Christmas/New year period and Songkran. 

He must be very eagar to get rid of the place reducing it by 3 Million baht.

Given that the steak & Co and Smokin Joe's bbq restaurants and guesthouse have a pretty good reputation and following. I hope that whoever decides to buy it would keep it the same. Just like how Robin sold Robin's Nest and Chunky Monkey, they are till this day business as usual with no change. 

Of course there are examples such as Boomerang being turned into a gentlemen's club. But I think restaurants being turned into something else after being bought over is more unlikely.

On 26/09/2019 at 17:43, VLG said:

I really enjoyed staying there with the separate entrance to the rooms without having to go through the restaurants. 

This is the separate entrance, really handy if you don't like walking through a bar or restaurant to get to your rooms. 

Gotten the photos from previous posts by the owner. So photo credits to @steak&co

1073699456_JoesOutsideNightPic1.jpg.be6a2a9a80220bf06a62a6f8c13c624e.thumb.jpg.dddf981623dd4dc68cf5f670c599ddd1.jpg

post-38345-0-57734300-1487408283.thumb.jpg.01c0135651a4b4587986325c463b25eb.jpg

On 27/09/2019 at 18:23, spider0064 said:

Just an update. As I'm staying for 4 weeks, they have offered me a 20% discount on the room rates. 

So it's 400 thb/night for the standard rooms and 480 thb/night for the superior rooms for low season. Really good value!

10 hours ago, VLG said:

Just an update. As I'm staying for 4 weeks, they have offered me a 20% discount on the room rates. 

So it's 400 thb/night for the standard rooms and 480 thb/night for the superior rooms for low season. Really good value!

I stayed there when it was the old China Gardens...400thb awesome rate :Clap9:

Archived