Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Noise cancelling headphones / earbuds

johnc57

I do have Bose QC20 and Liberatone Track+ (earbuds) and QC35 overear. The QC20 are nearly as good as the QC 35 for noise cancellation. QC20 however did hurt my ears after 7 or 8 hours. I use the Liberatone with Comply buds and they do not hurt at all. Liberatone is however not as good in noise cancellation, but they are bluetooth buds connected by cable. I use them for walking and sitting in public transport.

Best in comfort and noise cancellation is the QC35, however if you fly business and sleep on the side, they are not good for that position. 

I would not go for earbuds with bluetooth connection as the Bose Q35 shown above. If you sleep and they fall out, you may not find them again. Beside, you would need a additional bluetooth device to connect to the board entertainment.

Last month I bought the Bose QC35 headphones. Never used headphones before just the ones you get on the flight. Would recommend them 100%. 

Used them recently on my hols in Vegas, 10 hours there and 10 back. They lasted journey there one one charge and recharge for journey back lasted as well. I didn't realise how good they were and are comfortable I fell asleep with them on. It means you don't have to have the programme on too loud to counteract the plane.

luckily I got them through a mate for £200 ( still a lot of money) but when you break it down by hours useage even if just flying to Los over next few years it's VFM

6 hours ago, bigbadbaz said:

I didn't realise how good they were and are comfortable I fell asleep with them on. It means you don't have to have the programme on too loud to counteract the plane.

Just want to note that you don't have to be playing anything for the noise cancellation feature to work. Just push the noise cancellation button and it will cut out all extraneous noise.

Good informative thread this. :)

You're here now where you should have been all along.  :wink:

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

I used the Bose QC15's happily for almost 10 years, i was doing about 2 long haul flights a month and was totally over baby's crying and drunk fuckers snoring, even though that fucker was sometimes me:)...they still work, even though they are a bit chewed up and have had many new ear cups.

Just recently traded up, or so i thought... to B&O H9I. On special at 250 GBP so i'm not too unhappy, but i do wish i had gotten the new Bose 700 to try.

The H9i have a better sound, but the noise cancelling isn't as good. Wireless and usb-c  charging is a bonus.

Sennheiser PXC550 - has gesture control, comfortable even using active noise control (some ANC can pressure the ears), and sounds great. The PXC500-II just came out, but maybe just find the originals as theirs some differences but nothing immense and was disappointed the new one doesn't have USB-C.

On 16/09/2019 at 02:41, briguy said:

Just want to note that you don't have to be playing anything for the noise cancellation feature to work. Just push the noise cancellation button and it will cut out all extraneous noise.

I have the Bose Q35 11 and use them without playing anything and I use foam ear plugs at the same time = total silence.They feel and look a bit plastic maybe flimsy when you first unbox them but you appreciate how lightweight they are after 7 hours of wearing them on a flight.  

I got a sennheiser pxc 550 last year

best thing ive ever purchased fir traveling..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-PXC-550-Wireless-Cancelling-Black/dp/B01E3XLNA0

heads26546456.JPG

I have a Problem..... I just can't decide if its a good problem or a bad problem...

The over-ear headphones make my ears hot after an hour.

I use foam ear plugs that have a thin plastic core, so they can be inserted without being squashed too much.

Archived