Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Recommendations for Sunday evening buffet?

Looks like there’ll be a group of about a dozen of us, 50/50 Thai/farang, out for a meal on a Sunday evening during my trip in a few weeks.

Hoping someone will have ideas of a decent venue.

Just to narrow it down:

NOT just a seafood place; NOT a Thai bbq place; must be very close to baht bus route - preferably Central Pattaya though Jomtien ok; enclosed with air-con & comfy; buffet best I’d have thought though not essential; under 1000 baht per person (without wine).

Any hotels have something on a Sunday evening? Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

AKA ...at central festival , excellent foods , Thai favourite too .  Now my favourite,  best to have a Thai with you .. book early for reservations. 

https://g.co/kgs/9PVKRi

6 minutes ago, jocky king said:

AKA ...at central festival , excellent foods , Thai favourite too .  Now my favourite,  best to have a Thai with you .. book early for reservations. 

https://g.co/kgs/9PVKRi

Thanks JK but Japanese no good for me or a couple of friends. Sushi? :ThumbDown1:

The extra Thais joining us has complicated things a bit. Really need somewhere where some of us can get a good steak or roast chicken etc and with a good choice of Thai stuff as well.

We may still go to Patrick’s (my first choice) but the Thai choice isn’t very good there. There are a couple of places in Jomtien that may suit - not buffet - though was hoping for something a little better if possible. 

You could consider the cheese buffet at the French restaurant l'Auberge on Pratamnak Road. This is only on Sunday evening and a reservation is needed as this buffet is very popular.  Phone: 063 408 0101.

Unfortunately it is on Pratamnak Road and not on a bahtbus route. You either need to walk around 1 km or take a motorbike taxi (40 baht) from the traffic light close to the Axis Condominium.

Many types of wines can be had by the glass (even a Chateau Neuf du Pape - sp)

My connection is very bad at the moment so you will need to do a google search yourself for the precise location. 

Thanks. I know l’Auberge. A couple of friends live not far from there. I’ll have to check with one of my friends if his extended Thai family would eat this.

I want to suggest Sunday lunch buffet at Dicey Riley. I understand you are looking for dinner suggestions,but in case you have a change in plans.

Queen Victoria Soi 6 (entertaining atmosphere), carvery but a full menu including a lot of Thai food, good A/C, no bargirls, no deafening music, easy walk from 2nd Road and to Beach Road after for the buses.

23 minutes ago, Cheetos said:

I want to suggest Sunday lunch buffet at Dicey Riley. I understand you are looking for dinner suggestions,but in case you have a change in plans.

Yes, thanks. I’d thought of Dicey’s. Shame it ends at 4.30. Will keep in mind.

2 minutes ago, ricktoronto said:

Queen Victoria Soi 6 (entertaining atmosphere), carvery but a full menu including a lot of Thai food, good A/C, no bargirls, no deafening music, easy walk from 2nd Road and to Beach Road after for the buses.

I’m pretty sure one of my friend’s life expectancy will fall dramatically if he suggests to his wife that we go to Soi 6 :P

Just as a thought - and I have never been there because it is not my usual fare - I have heard a lot of people say complimentary things about Cheery's.

http://www.cherrys-restaurant-pattaya.com/

I think it pretty much covers your price and food targets, but the location is not all that you want. It's on 3rd Road about 200 m North of soi Lengkee.

Thanks. It had crossed my mind. One of those places that I keep on meaning to try but never quite get around to it. I’m assuming they still have a la carte alongside the ‘Sunday Gourmet Menu’ but easy enough to send a message and ask.

@ChiFlyer Have you tried Yupins and if so any good?

Siam Siam hotel does  an excellent buffet for 1000 baht with all types of food and free flowing wine,the food is of good standard,baht bus to door,check on line

Strictly talking about evening buffets not focused on fish, I think you might do best at one of the big hotels, perhaps one that does a reduction on eatigo.  I don't know the big hotel buffets well so I can't suggest specifics.

Does Robin Hood's Sunday carvery go through into the evening?  I think they have Thai food as well(?)

Is there a good buffet at Centara Azure in the evenings?  Not very close to a bb though.

9 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Just as a thought - and I have never been there because it is not my usual fare - I have heard a lot of people say complimentary things about Cheery's.

I think it pretty much covers your price and food targets, but the location is not all that you want. It's on 3rd Road about 200 m North of soi Lengkee.

Cherrys has a buffet only on Wednesday & Saturday and I would recommend it to both Farang and Thai. but unfortunately not Sundays.

image.png

Thanks for replies so far. Looks like we maybe need to switch to afternoon or just settle on a restaurant that can do Thai food as well. I’d normally go to Patrick’s if it was 4 or 5 of us but with possibly half a dozen Thais as well it may not suit - and could end up rather expensive for the bozo paying :rolleyes:

There’s every chance that friend’s wife will decide at the last minute to bugger off somewhere else with the clan anyway so probably best I keep a couple of options open until the day before.

4 hours ago, davidge said:

@ChiFlyer Have you tried Yupins and if so any good?

No, I have not. Keep meaning to try, but have not gotten there.

I did have another thought on this though .....

Have you considered Pattaya Beer Gardens? Not a buffet, but a very broad menu for both Thais and Westerners at quite reasonable prices. The food is pretty decent. We had a birthday party there for a very mixed group of people and it went quite well. It is al fresca, but out over the water. We reserved for a group of about 15 and the seating, service, etc were excellent. Only problem might be, if it rains hard. They could still get you under the covered area, I would think.

Also, directly on the Beach Road baht bus route just before the entrance to Walking Street. Plenty of post-party entertainment available for those with an interest.

^^^

Thanks. I’ll keep the suggestions from here in mind (still a couple of weeks for some more :-) and then book somewhere the day before once numbers are firm.

9 hours ago, davidge said:

^^^

Thanks. I’ll keep the suggestions from here in mind (still a couple of weeks for some more :-) and then book somewhere the day before once numbers are firm.

Oh - and PM me when you get here. I arrived a few days ago and will be here thru July 23rd. I think you stay relatively close by. It would be good to grab a beer or something. The GF and I are doing fine. Her sister and a friend have opened a hair salon in Naklua. Probably too far a trek for you.

Here's an option Davidge

https://eatigo.com/th/pattaya/en/r/east-coast-kitchen-holiday-inn-pattaya-555

For example, the discount at East Coast Kitchen at Holiday Inn Pattaya is 10-50%. Not sure how much their Sunday night International buffet costs but their Saturday night Seafood buffet costs 999 baht before discount applied!

Also, kids under 12 eat free!

On 15/06/2019 at 22:28, ChiFlyer said:

Oh - and PM me when you get here. I arrived a few days ago and will be here thru July 23rd. I think you stay relatively close by. It would be good to grab a beer or something. The GF and I are doing fine. Her sister and a friend have opened a hair salon in Naklua. Probably too far a trek for you.

Thanks. Yes, I won’t be staying that far from you.

You’re right about Naklua though. Must be 20 years since I was there. Didn’t even go north of Central Rd last trip, I don’t think. :P

On 16/06/2019 at 00:16, Spursman said:

Here's an option Davidge

https://eatigo.com/th/pattaya/en/r/east-coast-kitchen-holiday-inn-pattaya-555

For example, the discount at East Coast Kitchen at Holiday Inn Pattaya is 10-50%. Not sure how much their Sunday night International buffet costs but their Saturday night Seafood buffet costs 999 baht before discount applied!

Also, kids under 12 eat free!

Thanks. Yes, I use Eatigo each trip. I had a look a few days ago and the maximum number of people per booking is 6. Guess a friend could make a booking as well. We’ll probably decide where to go the day before so Eatigo could work for us - Diceys doesn’t allow a discount off their afternoon buffet though, I checked in case we change plans. I’ve used Eatigo a couple of times at the Avani Garden Cafe buffet and it worked well.

Fortunately, no kids under 12 will be with us :D

7 minutes ago, davidge said:

Thanks. Yes, I use Eatigo each trip. I had a look a few days ago and the maximum number of people per booking is 6. Guess a friend could make a booking as well. We’ll probably decide where to go the day before so Eatigo could work for us - Diceys doesn’t allow a discount off their afternoon buffet though, I checked in case we change plans. I’ve used Eatigo a couple of times at the Avani Garden Cafe buffet and it worked well.

Fortunately, no kids under 12 will be with us :D

No worries mate.

I’m sure that if your friend makes a booking for 6 too, they will seat you together upon request. 

When I first used eatigo, it was for a really good Japanese restaurant at the Westin Bangkok. I thought, getting a 50% discount, we would be treated like second class citizens as there would be hotel guests dining who were paying full whack. Actually, it was quite the opposite- the waitresses were awesome, we had a great time and the discount was applied correctly with no drama. 

It seems that Thais love a bargain and there is no shame in redeeming a coupon or voucher. Our meal for 4 would have cost over 12,000 baht and we ended up paying 6000 for a high quality meal.

2 hours ago, Spursman said:

....... Actually, it was quite the opposite- the waitresses were awesome, we had a great time and the discount was applied correctly with no drama. 

It seems that Thais love a bargain and there is no shame in redeeming a coupon or voucher. Our meal for 4 would have cost over 12,000 baht and we ended up paying 6000 for a high quality meal.

I stop by Aquapazza from time to time in Jomtien. Decent mid-range Italian food that participates in eatigo. Similar experience to what you describe, albeit at a lower price range.

I had noticed the eatigo Dvaree Jomtien promotions before. We drove past it tonight coming back from a bite at Cafe le Mar and the GF commented that she had heard good things about it. Looked nice from the road. Will likely give it a try before long.

Also eatigo is having several promotions this month (special discounts), probably due to low season.

On 14/06/2019 at 00:53, davidge said:

Looks like there’ll be a group of about a dozen of us, 50/50 Thai/farang, out for a meal on a Sunday evening during my trip in a few weeks.

Hoping someone will have ideas of a decent venue.

Just to narrow it down:

NOT just a seafood place; NOT a Thai bbq place; must be very close to baht bus route - preferably Central Pattaya though Jomtien ok; enclosed with air-con & comfy; buffet best I’d have thought though not essential; under 1000 baht per person (without wine).

Any hotels have something on a Sunday evening? Any suggestions? 

Thanks.

This buffet offers everything on your wishlist except for the inside and air conditioned part.  But the food is great, the location is just about perfect, and the price is right.  The buffet is outside on the beach side, and it's a very beautiful setting.  

http://www.siambayshorepattaya.com/bali-hai-by-the-sea

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/06/2019 at 00:43, ChiFlyer said:

I understand Cherrys is closing today.

9 hours ago, davidge said:

I understand Cherrys is closing today.

They are certainly doing some renovation work....walked past yesterday......OR perhaps new owners/establishment...dunno for sure?

Archived