IGNORED

Accommodation

Smee again

Looks great for the price, real nice actually. I like places that have a couch. Also, places that are near-by food courts, grocery stores, and baht routes.

How are the baht bus routes, and ease to pick them up for rides to W.S.(and times), etc.???

I'm a bit confused on the bus routes, available times, pick up places for cheap buses, availbility, etc.

Also, how is the hood around there at night??? And, what is the noise factor??

I have been staying at a hotel next to it on my trips for the last few years at a rate of 500BT. Clean rooms and a pool but this place appears to have a little bit nicer of a room(no couch at mine). Rooms on 3rd rd side can be a bit noisy, request a room in the back of hotel. Also baht bus can be a bit tough to get from the hotel exspecially if your a late night partier(if you do catch one at night these guys know they got u by the balls and every one of them has charged me 100bt to goto WS, MBtaxi charges 60bt. Motor bike taxi stand right across street. Found it easiest to just get a moped for 125-150bt a day so i can shoot around town at will.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smee again

• routeman

• gedi

• Oeshon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like it could suck getting back late at night. I don't like riding on those bikes.

Still might be a good place away from the b.s., but could be noisy, and maybe dicey at night. Something I'll have to check out next time I'm there. Rooms look very nice, and cheap.

I'm interested in hearing more about it.

I'm a newbie coming 1st time in 4 weeks - what I don't understand is how several posters have said it can be noisy this far away from the bars ? Also it seems this area can be dangerous at night according to several posters - do they mean chancers or gangsters ?

I'm a newbie coming 1st time in 4 weeks - what I don't understand is how several posters have said it can be noisy this far away from the bars ? Also it seems this area can be dangerous at night according to several posters - do they mean chancers or gangsters ?

This used to be the location of a Thai 'open air' show / Karaoke type venue, which was noisy and attracted a few, less than savoury characters, it is possible some people may be associating the location with this. The 'open air' venue was demolished to build the new Food court and the Lido building, next to this and does not have any major noise problems.

Sounds like it could suck getting back late at night. I don't like riding on those bikes.

Still might be a good place away from the b.s., but could be noisy, and maybe dicey at night. Something I'll have to check out next time I'm there. Rooms look very nice, and cheap.

I'm interested in hearing more about it.

Hi there

I am actually living in one of the rooms at the moment, and frequently come back from Walking Street area sometimes around three or four in the morning and always manage to find a Baht bus at the Pattaya Tai / Second road junction. 10 Baht and a couple of minutes later i'm at the third road junction. no problems.

In the same general area, you might want to check out Par's Place Guesthouse and restaurant on Soi LK Pavalion. This Soi is just north of Pataya south road and east of Third Road. The rooms are 700 baht per night, but I got 600 baht a night for a monlth rate. The rooms are nicely finished with balcony, WIFI or wired internet, microwave and kitchen sink, big refrigerator, electronic safe, and even a shower stall so everything in the toilet does not get wet.

With the balcony doors open you can hear sometimes hear music from across South Rd., but it is not too loud or go on too late. You can wait for a baht bus, or just walk to get to Walking Street, Soi Baukao or Second Road. I also have always seen a baht bus waiting on South Rd. just east of Second Rd, so there is no problem getting back to the room at night. It is one kilometer from the hotel to the beach.

Soi LK Pavilion is much quieter than the other Soi LK (Metro) but there are a couple beer bars in the area, so you can find a neighborhood local. Par's restaurant has good Thai and western food with reasonalbe prices too.

a Siamese cat of a girl. 
She's the sweetest pet in the world. 

how many rooms are in this guesthouse?

are you planning on charging extra for the wifi?

are you girl friendly?

bookmarked this page because them prices are excellent

how many rooms are in this guesthouse?

are you planning on charging extra for the wifi?

are you girl friendly?

bookmarked this page because them prices are excellent

There are over 20 rooms, all virtually identical, the WiFi is being set up as we speak, and will be included.

As regards girls, no problem ( you mean there are girls here in Pattaya ! ! :GoldenSmile1: )

I sent an enquiry about 2 weeks ago looking for a room for 2 weeks, I got an answer saying they woulkd get back to me but nothing yet :Drunk_Party:

In the same general area, you might want to check out Par's Place Guesthouse and restaurant on Soi LK Pavalion.

I stayed there at New Year and will probably stay there again...... friendly owners (although I didn't see too much of them as I was sleeping during daylight mostly!), and you can use the pool at LK Pavilions opposite apparently, but I never made it. Baht bus is easy, but I used motorbike taxis if not going to Walking St, they are just outside, and it's only 40 baht to Soi Diana area.

I sent an enquiry about 2 weeks ago looking for a room for 2 weeks, I got an answer saying they woulkd get back to me but nothing yet :Drunk_Party:

I would just send them another mail, they could have forgotten about you and before you know it "your room" has already been taken..I'd do that just to be sure..

Good luck! ;-)

Edited by e-disco

Just been advised the Monthly rate in April/May is 9,000 bht!

Room size 26 sq metres only, water free, BUT Electricity is charged at an enormous rate of 12 BHT a unit!

Ironically you would probably be better off paying the DAILY rate for a 30 day stay as opposed to the MONTHLY rate,as then you could use the aircon all day if required and quite likely would work out at LESS than the monthly rate,which for me is a 1st in Pattaya!

Good point - the daily rate seems good for a place to crash out.

• 4 weeks later...

electricity is a big turn off....they are probably hoping to cash in with some newbie who doesnt know the usual rate and only sees the monthly price

<EMBED SRC="http://games.webgamedesign.com/free/counter2.swf?title=AC%20Baby!!!&count=down&time=1314994800000&bgc=0x0077cc&bgb=1&bgd=0&bc=0xcccccc&bb=1&bd=0&tc=0xcccccc&tb=1&td=1&uc=0x99ccff&ub=1&ud=2&nc=0x333333&nb=1&nd=0" TYPE="application/x-shockwave-flash" NAME="Free Counter" ALIGN=MIDDLE WIDTH=500 HEIGHT=100 quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="false" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

I sent an enquiry about 2 weeks ago looking for a room for 2 weeks, I got an answer saying they woulkd get back to me but nothing yet :Hair_Out1:

Anytime you don't get a reply, don't bother with the hotel. It means that they don't care about your business or are very disorganized. Either way, you should not waste your time on such a place.

Anytime you don't get a reply, don't bother with the hotel. It means that they don't care about your business or are very disorganized. Either way, you should not waste your time on such a place.

Yep , I worked that one out, Thanks

There are quite a few places that do not bother to reply to e mails, must be full in Pattaya :GoldenSmile1:

Edited by gedi

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for a newbie question, but I didn't see any mention of a in-room safe.

What might one do with their valuables when staying here? I want to bring my photography equipment on my trip so I'll need somewhere to stash it.

Thanks.

Sorry for a newbie question, but I didn't see any mention of a in-room safe.

What might one do with their valuables when staying here? I want to bring my photography equipment on my trip so I'll need somewhere to stash it.

Thanks.

If you have a fair bit of it I assume you have a camera case. Most in room safes will not be big enough for much more than a digital camera, passport, money etc. Put your camera case inside your main luggage. Then lock the out side of the cases with a decent lock. Unless the TG has a decent knife on her she won't be able to get at the goodies. And unless the staff at the hotel are complete plonkers a TG carrying a suitcase out of your loom without you being with her should arouse some suspicion. And if possible put it up high enough that she will need to move furniture to be able to reach it.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Do they have a website and do you know what their monthly rates are?

Website or a Phone Number would be great :Club_fight1:

You expect a monthly rate when the daily is 380?

You expect a monthly rate when the daily is 380?

Why not he only asked!

BTW the MONTHLY rate is 9000bht plus Electric at a 12 bht a unit rip-off price, so probably cheaper paying the daily rate anyway.

Also be aware that the rooms are only small (26 sq mtres)!

Edited by routeman

• 2 weeks later...
Why not he only asked!

BTW the MONTHLY rate is 9000bht plus Electric at a 12 bht a unit rip-off price, so probably cheaper paying the daily rate anyway.

Also be aware that the rooms are only small (26 sq mtres)!

As a matter of interest what is a reasonable going rate for electricity in Pattaya?

I'm looking for a month stay apartment around second road area

But I'm aware it's easy to get sucked in (pardon the pun) by the headline price and then be riiped off with "extras"

Rather like going for a foot massage :GoldenSmile1:

We at Canterbury Tales Cafe charge 6 baht per unit for electric which is slightly more than the actual cost but the extra little bit covers the water as we dont have meters on the water.

If they are charging 12 baht per unit and maybe more units than you are actually using then it sounds like they are making good money on that.

I stayed at a small hotel in Jomtien once for 3 weeks and they charged us 1900baht for electric even though no mention was made of an electric charge when we checked in and as we had spent little time in the room so much we asked where the charge came from and they told me the meter, I asked to see it but they declined so a big con of course.

Our rooms all have thier own meter outside the door so can be checked by our guests.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$AFBADGE.jpg