Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

View Talay 6 March 2019

Tang_Gig

Just a review of View Talay 6 apartments I stayed at. 

Excellent location. Directly across the road from Pattaya Night Bazaar and next door to Central Festival shopping center. There is a rear gate to the hotel on Beach Road with swipe card so you can enter and exit beach road 24/7. 7-11 directly behind the complex next to the gate. 
24/7 security guards at the front and rear as well as inside the premises. 
The lower floor of the building has three laundromats, two small shops, two restaurants with great food at excellent prices, two massage shops (not sure about happy endings. Lady boy in one of them) and the pool. 
Over the road next to the Night Bazaar are tons of bars and restaurants. Rooms are guest friendly. 
I stayed in three rooms and all were clean and well appointed. The bed in one was a little hard, but I changed rooms with no problem.  
Room cleaned every morning with fresh towels and bedding. The cleaning ladies are great. Happy, friendly and hilarious.  
I booked the rooms through Pat42 on the lower floor and on Agoda. Friendly service and had zero problems or issues while there for 2 weeks. 
This is the place I will stay whenever I visit Pattaya.  
Highly recommended.

One thing to check is the swipe card for the rear gate onto Beach Road during business hours. First one I got wouldn't open the gate and the office was shut. Easy enough to grab a baht bus from front of the building and go around to Beach Road. Reception changed the card for one that worked the following day. 

Also forgot to mention there is an ATM on the ground floor at the front of the building too. 

21 minutes ago, Wookiee77 said:

Also forgot to mention there is an ATM on the ground floor at the front of the building too. 

What nationality is he. ? 

Rooms are guest friendly but do they still check in at a reception desk or security? Being condo's I wouldn't think so but never sure with pattaya.

There is a security desk at the elevators where they write down/store Id’s.  Location is great but I don’t think I will stay again.  For holidays I have had better value and service at hotels.  Everyone has different wants though so I understand how it’s great for others. 

There was no calls from security though after visits if that matters to you. 

On 16/04/2019 at 10:43, Wookiee77 said:

I personally wouldn't use it though....doesn't look secure

13 minutes ago, rainman333 said:

I personally wouldn't use it though....doesn't look secure

I used it for a couple of weeks.  No problems 

1 hour ago, Wookiee77 said:

I used it for a couple of weeks.  No problems 

the problem I have with it as anyone can install a card reader on these machines late at night when no one is there.  This machine is in perfect spot for someone to do that since it's away from the public view and no one around late in the night. 

Suitable for a first time visit to Pattaya.

Room service I don't need.

Kitchen facilities are a bonus.

My concern would be towels/laundry. Guess cheap towels would be easy to buy?

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

On 17/04/2019 at 03:41, Wookiee77 said:

One thing to check is the swipe card for the rear gate onto Beach Road during business hours. First one I got wouldn't open the gate and the office was shut. Easy enough to grab a baht bus from front of the building and go around to Beach Road. Reception changed the card for one that worked the following day. 

When I stayed there I had no idea you use your swipe card to get through that gate. I was trying to open it on my first day and one of the guys at the bikes parked on Beach road came up and pushed it really hard and it popped open. For the rest of that and then next 2 stays that's all I did. Never used my card once. It's a magnetic lock. If you hit the gate with a bit of force it just pops open. haha :D

On 27/04/2019 at 15:20, Jagaar said:

Suitable for a first time visit to Pattaya.

Room service I don't need.

Kitchen facilities are a bonus.

My concern would be towels/laundry. Guess cheap towels would be easy to buy?

Regarding "towels" most (all?) the 'for-rent' condos come with towels. My two condos, for example, have a dozen high quality ones from the USA.

On laundry, multiple laundries (and coin op machines) on the building's 3rd floor.

7 minutes ago, galt67 said:

Regarding "towels" most (all?) the 'for-rent' condos come with towels. My two condos, for example, have a dozen high quality ones from the USA.

On laundry, multiple laundries (and coin op machines) on the building's 3rd floor.

All condos I’ve rented in different buildings have come with towels - though number & quality varies - and a spare set of bedding.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

On 20/04/2019 at 01:11, xc1 said:

There is a security desk at the elevators where they write down/store Id’s.  Location is great but I don’t think I will stay again.  For holidays I have had better value and service at hotels.  Everyone has different wants though so I understand how it’s great for others. 

There was no calls from security though after visits if that matters to you. 

Firstly a condo is not a hotel, so you would not expect hotel service.

Secondly I have never used the security guards to collect ID's, I simply stroll past them with whatever guest or guests I want to.

I have seen them take ID's as a service to guests, it is just that I have not felt the need for this service.

What are the cost for water and electricity? Probably the one thing that puts me off staying at a condo is that you get charged extra for that.

Too many variables; comes down to how long you stay, what condo, where you booked it. My last stay I booked through hotels.com and it was all in price including daily house cleaning.

Only 2 elevator is running currently. Other 2 elevators don’t work. 

19 hours ago, galt67 said:

A dozen towels won't last long with multiple visitors daily ( if you know what I mean)

Self service laundry is great. Guess I could always drop them off at an outside laundry and pick up when done.

In a hotel I could just tip house keeping to supply more

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

21 hours ago, kiev freak said:

Only 2 elevator is running currently. Other 2 elevators don’t work. 

There are FOUR elevators (3 main, 1 service). THREE are working while ONE (main) is not.

The non-working elevator is awaiting a repair part to shipped here.

I am currently in VT6 and yes the one main elevator that is broken does slow things down a bit.  Just have to give yourself extra time.

On 28/04/2019 at 10:36, dontpanic said:

What are the cost for water and electricity? Probably the one thing that puts me off staying at a condo is that you get charged extra for that.

dancewatcher doesn't charge extra for electricity unless you stay for a month or more.

service elevator doesnt work too

I tried many times to find a good apartment at view talay 6, looking for at many rental service but never find the right one...

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

I will survive!

Archived